Baseline

Flyingshoe ILR

baseline-1-1.jpg

Hello everyone, welcome to my final competitive map in Halo:Reach. Baseline is a 10 - 12 player asymmetric objective map designed for 1 Flag CTF and Territories primarily. Baseline was designed as a communications relay sunken down into the ground with rocks collapsing in around the edges. The map is asymmetric but has a lot of symmetric aspects allowing it to play well for both asymmetric objective games as well as slayer games. The video explains much of the rest, so download and enjoy. Feedback is appreciated.

Download

Pictures

baseline-overview-1.jpg

baseline-9-1.jpg

baseline-3-1.jpg

baseline-4-1.jpg

baseline-2-1.jpg

baseline-6-1.jpg

baseline-8-1.jpg

baseline-7-1.jpg

baseline-5-1.jpg

Special Thanks

The Psycho Duck

My broski and a fellow in forge. Thanks for helping all the way through this maps design, including testing, revising, and video making. I can't wait to get working on some waffle and Muse reference filled endeavors in Halo 4!

MockKnizzle008

Thanks for all the help with reworking the map and advice in testing. If not for you I would have posted this map a month ago when it was still herping and derping all over the place.

Pyro

Thanks for help in all of the testing. If you are in the game we will always have someone to drive a flaming Warthog into the enemy base for us.

And of course ConfuseFlamingo, AbleSirThomas, Yardbird, Fraustophobia, Mexican Torta, and a ton of others (tell me and I'll add you to the list.) I would be nowhere without you guys.

• Like 1

Oh I've played on this map too. You made this a while ago didn't you? Or am I thinking of something else? Because I think a friend had it. If so, nice one. I love the way all the game types play out.

I actually just finished it up, but I stated work 2 or 3 months ago. We'll be playing it and a bunch of good stuff like we have posted here at 8 PM EST on Friday, so feel free to join.

• Like 1

Very cool map Flyingshoe, I saw it featured on THFE. You seem to have kept it very clean and smooth. I like the multi-layered effect cause by your sink-hole idea, very clever way of implementing that within the map to keep the environement rather varied. I'd say this is a great way of ending your Halo Reach forging with, as you said.

I actually just finished it up, but I stated work 2 or 3 months ago. We'll be playing it and a bunch of good stuff like we have posted here at 8 PM EST on Friday, so feel free to join.

Sweet thanks man. I just might do that. I might jump in late, after I get out of class, but I should be able to do it. I'll just message you.