Promethean VEHICLES!?

Ember132

When did they say one would be the Mantis? I remember a rumor that they were hoping the Mantis would make an appearance, but it has not been confirmed. Unless you have a link, in which case I would like to see.

I have a feeling the 2 remaining vehicles will be promethean to add to the promethean weapon additions into Halo 4.

Sure thing. All is good as long as there is a Chopper-like vehicle :D

I can see it now. A Promethean Chopper-like vehicle with a massive hardlight skewer on the front. If you see one heading toward you, it's already too late. And in MM, any players unfortunate enough to be impaled might remain stuck on it after expiry, though that'd be rather gory.

Aside from the scooter idea mentioned earlier, I think an interesting vehicle would be a transforming turret of some sort powered by the same Forerunner gravitic energy. It could be stationary on a surface, but when boost is selected, it shoots off like a rocket and can cling to other surfaces. Some sort of fragmented flying machine could also be interesting, or a vehicle composed somehow of crawlers or the like.

We don't know much about the Mammoth and they already confirmed that the Cyclops will not be drivable in the game.

Not in multiplayer, but in a campaign mission, similar to log night of solace from reach.

And the mammoth is the successor to the elephant.

We don't know much about the Mammoth and they already confirmed that the Cyclops will not be drivable in the game.

That was only intended for that multiplayer map. And if I remember that is a Cyclops II so we could still operate a cyclops. :)

And I thought the Mammoth was one of them for sure. (I don't see how it even resembles an elephant like some people think it does)

That was only intended for that multiplayer map. And if I remember that is a Cyclops II so we could still operate a cyclops. :)

And I thought the Mammoth was one of them for sure. (I don't see how it even resembles an elephant like some people think it does)

In look its nothing like the elephant, but in function it does

• Like 1

They said it was based around a campaign mission, obviously you missed that part.

Even though your attitude has made it apparant that you obviously know what you're talking about, I'm afraid to inform you that the mech drivable in campaign is the Mantis. I'd be willing to bet that one of the two new vehicles for matchmaking is still up for grabs, though, seeing as it is campaign-only.

Source: http://www.readyuplive.com/showthread.php/10830-Halo-4-News-Flood-Mode-and-Mantis!!!