Promethean Weapons and Enemies Revealed!

Tallgeese

Not really a lot that most dont already know, but it is nice to see how the Promethean classes will be broken up.

Seemingly the Knight Battlewgon will fucntion similar to a Hunter, big and brutish lol. I also like how the description of the Incineration Cannon is a lot like the furl rod. Also the Light Rifle description seems that it fires like the BR whil non scoped, and the DMR when scoped. What do you all think?

Here is the link:

http://www.examiner....eapons-revealed

I thought the A.i were designed to fight the flood? if this is true then why a humanoid shape? I'm not knocking the designers choice,it's a "Why a humanoid moment"If one is to examine it from a design aspect then the knight is a poor choice,Bipedal just means i can knockout just one leg and i'm in for a more leisurely kill,the flood operate in swarm/subdue assimilate mode all the time.What would be the best form/s to use if you were designing an attack unit?

It doesn't mean i'm not going to go hard and play the game to death when it comes out like i did with Skyrim(sigh) too bad it isn't being released on pc,the things we could do with it.

• Like 1

Well under each of the descriptions it says that the Knights were primarily used to guard Requiem. Now that does probably include but is not limited to defending Requiem from the Flood. The Knights were used to fight other races and beings before the flood came around. They developed their light based weapons to fight the flood primarily. The sentinels (AI) that you are referring to were used after the Forrunners were pretty much beaten by the Flood. Requiem is a different case. So in a way it kind of explains why the Knights have a human-esque form.

Well under each of the descriptions it says that the Knights were primarily used to guard Requiem. Now that does probably include but is not limited to defending Requiem from the Flood. The Knights were used to fight other races and beings before the flood came around. They developed their light based weapons to fight the flood primarily. The sentinels (AI) that you are referring to were used after the Forrunners were pretty much beaten by the Flood. Requiem is a different case. So in a way it kind of explains why the Knights have a human-esque form.

Thanks, Some parts of the halo realm i've still got to read up on.to have a replicant humanoid design spec is not efficient,neither is it efficient to have a carapace with just one watcher,it would be far more efficient to have the knight loaded with crawlers locked to it's frame and the watcher constantly in patrol mode around it.When you look at it the crawlers are a nuisance,players are probably going to try to snipe them one by one until they figure out that it's far easier to run past them or through them even swarming you could be countered by a well placed well timed grenade throw,i would say it would have been better to have a swarm of flight capable mini watchers. Lol in hindsight i've yet to play the game and see if what i said works.

Here's something you might find interesting,A.i's don't need heads,two arms and legs and when they were designed,was humanity a threat?

Maybe Spartan Ops Season II would be a good time for something lile that. :D

It would add an element of unpredictability except it would be fun if those rollers would attack even prometheans, anything,there will be no room for team tactics or game strategy,it will probably bring Halo a lot of flak but the millions that will play will eventually learn to play hard.

Am I the only one wishing that they brought the flood back? I would love to have firefight or something with the flood.

It would be cool if they could give you an achievement after so many hard won battles called "Infection" where you are partially but not fully infected giving you access to a few flood forms to use,though it could make you too powerful so there would have to be a balance somewhere or just get thrown into a lab where the idiot storms have broken a few flood forms out by accident,that wouldn't snarl with any part of the coming canon.