Is exclusive DLC just as important as physical goodies?

Des Feux

I need to be honest here, I feel like the Halo 4 limited edition is empty. It doesn't have this unique piece of memorabilia that stands out like in past limited editions. Halo 3 had the helmet and the bestiarium, Reach had the statue and Halsey's journal, but this one is just a bunch of paper and ''exlusive DLC'' (Most of which will be probably released later). Halo collector's editions always stood out, they were unique. Halo 4 LE is basically the same as many other LEs out there, it doesn't feel special. I feel like 343i is compensating the lack of physical stuff with avatar costumes, in-game armors and other DLC, TBH I couldn't give less of a crap about.

So guys, my question is: Would you rather have exclusive digital stuff or physical memorabilia with your limited edition?

To be honest with you I LOVE the in game stuff you get more than the physical stuff. The Legendary statue from Reach is just sitting collecting dust while I use the Elite armor and Flames all the time when I played Reach. I know for a fact that I will use the LE Recruit armor, skin, and weapon skin. I will also probably use the pre-order skins I got as well. I can make more use out of the in game stuff than the physical stuff. Dr. Halseys journal was a cool quick read, but now it just sits on my shelf. I like the in game goodies :)

Yeah i prefer the in-game goodies, but the physical stuff is always cool to have. The armour schematics do it for me though, these kind of fall into my area of prefered career choice so they may come in helpfull later in life.

Anyway we also get an extended version of the FUD film. I will proibally watch this loads xD

Nothing will beat the Flames and Elite armor from Reach, or the Recruit Armor, Skin, and AR skin from Halo 4. I am loving the in game bonuses...plus the pre-order in game skins are pretty awesome too. Not gonna lie though, the FOTUS armor looks like it has a male body part stiking out of it lol

To me the DLC goodies are WAY more important than physical goodies.

What can you do with it? Look at it. Or read it. Or whatever else. Great. And then after some time, it can serve as a dustcatcher.

But DLC goodies? That's what i want. That's what i'll use a lot. That's what lets others know i pre-ordered the game. And know i have not just the standard version. Because on Xbox LIVE, you can't put a picture of all your great physical goodies on your profile. But you can use the armor that was a DLC goodie, for example. And people will know.

Actually, DLC goodies are the sole reason why i even do pre-order games and buy special editions of them.

Let me say it this way, if the Halo 4 LE came with no DLC goodies at all and only with a statue of Master Chief in his new armor, for example, i would never bother buying it and go for the standard edition instead.

But if it comes out with only DLC goodies, like it does now, it will take an army to keep my hands off of it!

• 1 month later...

Yeah i prefer the in-game goodies, but the physical stuff is always cool to have. The armour schematics do it for me though, these kind of fall into my area of prefered career choice so they may come in helpfull later in life.

Anyway we also get an extended version of the FUD film. I will proibally watch this loads xD

FUD isn't going to be on DVD, digital only. :(