It seems Doctor Halsey will be in Halo 4

Adam91

Yeah but knowing the Halo verse, she could live forever in some weird robot or monitor body lol. I like Halsey even though she has done som epretty horrific things, but I like her overall good intentions. Parongosky is just a tool lol

Yeah, I guess she could live forever. XD But yeah, I like Halsey too.

Well she's 60 during the events of reach and 1-3, but she looked youngish because she spent tons of time in cryo sleep. From 2552-57 I doubt she would've received much, if any, cryo sleep because she was stuck in Trevelyn and she was declared dead by Paragnosky. So I could believe she would look like that within 5 years

personally I want to see Admiral Parongosky dead soon...I am not a fan :(

If you like osman more then parangosky then i think you would find it interesting to listen to the audio of the halo 4 hopepage where you are in the infinity. In it you can hear transmissions and in it osman talks and gives orders as if she is in charge of the infinity. (sidenote parongosky puts charge of the infinity to del rio but places osman in charge of the project also)

Cortana was created using a flash cloned copy of halsey, so i could see that being possible

Correct. A flash-cloned copy of Halsey's brain. After several failed attempts, at least to my knowledge, she finally succeeded in creating a clone of her brain that didn't die before she got a chance to create an AI from it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited to get to read the sequel to Glasslands! The book was a great addition to the series, Ghost's of Onyx was my favorite and Glasslands nearly topped that. Halsey gets off the Forerunner world in one piece is all I know. Maybe she's on Infinity? I'm not going to say anything I'm not sure of yet. But I do believe she's in Halo 4 and one of the only ways Cortana can be saved is if Halsey can get to her. Maybe.

• Like 1

I'm excited to get to read the sequel to Glasslands! The book was a great addition to the series, Ghost's of Onyx was my favorite and Glasslands nearly topped that. Halsey gets off the Forerunner world in one piece is all I know. Maybe she's on Infinity? I'm not going to say anything I'm not sure of yet. But I do believe she's in Halo 4 and one of the only ways Cortana can be saved is if Halsey can get to her. Maybe.

I just read thursday war a couple days ago and i would have to say you need to read it :)...........
  • Like 1

Dr.hasley cant be in halo 4 since shes about to die plus shes stuck on onyx with all the rest of the Spartan 2s

yo clearly didn't read Glasslands, she and the Spartans get out of Onyx and as of the Thursday War, she is serving on the Infinity, so the chances of her being in the game are 95%
  • Like 2

Ok so just to fill in some of the blanks on rampancy.

Even though I'm kinda young to be saying I've played the games, I have played and finished the Original Bungie games from which Halo is largely derived called Marathon. The games are free so you can check it out for yourself.

This is all based off the info in those games and info derived from halo and what Bungie has said in the past.

Basically its said that when AI's go rampant they need a large Network to survive, like one of a large city or a whole planet. and the rampancy has four stages. Rampancy itself isn't the bad thing, it's the fact that AI's in the lore don't survive the process, and the process itself is largely destructive. The four stages are

Melancholia - the AI in question can act... depressed.

Anger (the stage that Durandal goes through in Marathon I) - Angry AI, nuff said.

Jealousy - AI expands into a planet wide, or utterly complex system. Consumes all the info it can.

Metastability - This is the phase in question THIS PHASE IS NOT BAD. AI has gone through rampancy, and is stable retaining the knowledge of a rampant AI. It's only theoretical since in the Halo lore the only possible AI to get to metastability is 05-032 Mendicant Bias, and it was a forerunner AI.

I know this strays from the conversation at hand, but thought yall might like this bit of info. If Cortana does indeed obtain metastability, it would indeed be a good thing.

• Like 3

I don't know much about, but I think it's the final stage of rampancy when an A.I. becomes so intelligent it's essentially a human. Again I don't know much so I'm probably wrong, so if anyone would care to elaborate that'd be great.

Yes, that stage is called Metastability. It's the stage after the Jealousy stage, where an A.I apparently becomes "real". Here is a quote from Halo.wikia: "Metastability is the theoretical fourth stage of rampancy, where an AI can finally be said to be a true "person." While a metastable AI can be considered to be the holy grail of cybernetics research, the only AIs who have possibly achieved metastability are 05-032 Mendicant Bias and Cortana."

• Like 1