main antagonist?who could it be?

PettyOfficer117

It's either the Didact or the Confirmer. Itself could be the Confirmer because he liked the San'Shyuum alot, so it would make sense if he would hate Chief for killing them. And this thread (http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/12415-didact-wasnt-executed/#entry136002) explains why the Ur-Didact( the original) would hate humans

i dont see how any can say its not the didact......

it literally shows the didact's symbol and says "an ancient evil awakens"

Yes it looked like his symbol but there were some differences, but we haven't seen the symbols of other prometheans, so maybe they're all a little similar.

From what we've read in the books so far, the Didact is far from evil. This is why people are reluctant to believe that he's the ancient evil.

Actually there is a very good reason as to why the Didact could be evil, which is explained in this thread. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/12415-didact-wasnt-executed/#entry136002

mabey it could be the comfirmer cause that didnt look like the didacts symbol,but it doesnt make sense why the cryptm or whatever it is called is orange,shouldnt it be blue?plus if its the didact then mabey hes corrupted.

btw siera1117 thx for the link,it helped me out alot about halo 4 ,so bornstellar is our possible enemy.

sometimes i think its a precursor cause they want vengence,it says chief will be battling an ancient evil who wants vengence ,its possible there are still more,but its likely the didact or comfirmer.

I don't think it's the Didact. He didn't hate humans after their defeat. Heck, he sacrificed all forerunners to save the humans and other species. If forerunners really thought Humans were no good, they would have done the same as they did to the Precursors.

I only ponder one question. I never knew why the forerunners didn't index a few of their own kind. Was it because they didn't want to, or was it because they felt their time was over?

• Like 1

Or it could be the Confirmer cause he's pretty much crazy and has a reason to hate humans, because forerunners fired the rings because of the mantle, and so humanity could gain it. They killed his favorite species so humanity could advance, that seems like a good reason to hate

So far in Halo there's never been a 'main antagonist'. It's not like most games where you're working up to defeat one villain and then you win.

There's been the prophets, and Tartarus, and Guilty Spark, and Gravemind...And /all/ of those antagonists are powerful and dangerous. And none of them can be considered main or all powerful. In fact, the covenant seems to be still fighting us in Halo 4. So, defeating their 'main antagonist' didn't stop their efforts, only weakened them. And Gravemind was certainly persistent. It's all about the various wars, the various villains, and the immense amount of baddies being fought at all times.

Halo is fantastic because it's a vast war involving many species and many threats. If there was a 'main antagonist' that we had to 'stop because he's nefarious and evil' I'd be severely disappointed.

I forgot who the enemy's name was but i remember hearing about him, I believe he's a corrupt forerunner who was in love with this person. Lol sadly thats all that i can recall. But as for the forerunners themselves I really hope they help cortana seeing as there so advanced in their technology.

Joshansarah but it says theres an enemy that treatens the universe.let me spell it out U-N-I-V-E-R-S-E. id say an enemy that treatens the universe is pretty bad

wait, werent the prometheans (not the ai's) the only ones who achived tier 0 tech? so maybe an ACTUAL promethean is the ancient evil. just my theory.

and btw tier 0 tech means that they could travel between galaxies, so universal domination WOULD be possible

wait, werent the prometheans (not the ai's) the only ones who achived tier 0 tech? so maybe an ACTUAL promethean is the ancient evil. just my theory.

and btw tier 0 tech means that they could travel between galaxies, so universal domination WOULD be possible

Your thinking about the precursors, they were the only known species to achieve tier 0