Booting,betrayal, and being banned.

343isthebest

My fiancee was playing the other day on Halo Reach, a team mate stepped in front of him and was betrayed when my fiancee fired his sniper. He was booted for an accidental betrayal and even though he was only banned for ten minutes, it says he was banned because he quit! He didnt quit he was booted wtf!

First, I understand your frustration. We all hate accidental betrayals, especially if the other person is being dumb, and then boots you. Booting counts as quiting in Reach surprisingly. That is why when someone gets booted, the game says: 'Member1 quit' and under that "Member1 was booted."

Second, it was Bungie who programmed Reach this way.

Third, This happens to be a fan-run community website. if you want 343industries to actually see this, go to (halo.xbox.com) and post there.

Fourth, Welcome to the forums! Stick around, you'll have some fun!

• Like 1

Thanks but it doant say he was booted period only that he quit which wasnt true. And personally, 343 never should have taken over Halo. Granted Bungie was still working out kinks but 343 has only made it worse. Secondly, how is it possible for someone to shoot you in the head while your behind them and no body else is around to shoot you?

Thanks but it doant say he was booted period only that he quit which wasnt true. And personally, 343 never should have taken over Halo. Granted Bungie was still working out kinks but 343 has only made it worse. Secondly, how is it possible for someone to shoot you in the head while your behind them and no body else is around to shoot you?

Leaving the match early is regarded as a quit, regardless of the actual reason. If you lag out, that's a quit. If you get disconnected, it's a quit. If you suffer from severe packet loss, sometimes you'll get a game over screen and leave the match, and that's counted as a quit.

Unfortunately, this is exactly how Bungie designed the banhammer to function. 343i haven't changed the way it works at all since they took over, all they've done is reorganise playlists - changing the way the banhammer works may not even be possible, as it's a key part of multiplayer matchmaking. It'd mean a mandatory title update at the very least, and perhaps a sizeable download to go with it.

As for weird shots, that's a combination of lag and poor programming. Halo has always had fairly poor netcoding, and that's something that will hopefully get better with Halo 4, hopefully along with the banning system.

Also OP there is no way on this earth they got a ban for ONE booting, maybe don't quit other matches .

youd be surprised how rigged booting can be I've been booted just after a match(and before the fact I dragged my team to a tie was saved)AND I DIDN"T EVEN BETRAY ANYONE.

youd be surprised how rigged booting can be I've been booted just after a match(and before the fact I dragged my team to a tie was saved)AND I DIDN"T EVEN BETRAY ANYONE.

Been there myself. Ive never been one to care about rank so long as the game is fun, but people delibrately betraying for a sniper or shotgun is stupid. First come first serve why cant they get that? And Mr.B ill keep my name thank you.

How did my name change????? If 343 didnt like it they shoukdnt have let me make it to begin with. I hate people who think they can do this crap. Now people know why I hate 343 so much

Been there myself. Ive never been one to care about rank so long as the game is fun, but people delibrately betraying for a sniper or shotgun is stupid. First come first serve why cant they get that? And Mr.B ill keep my name thank you.

How did my name change????? If 343 didnt like it they shoukdnt have let me make it to begin with. I hate people who think they can do this crap. Now people know why I hate 343 so much

This is not 343i's site, this is a fan forum. And your name was changed because:

1. The word "retarded" is offensive, and not just to people who are.

2. Coming to a fan forum and having your name be what it was is abusive behavior, which is against the rules of pretty much every forum on the internet.

3. Because if a moderator didn't change it, the moderator would have to ban you for the reasons listed above.

Believe it or not, our moderators try NOT to ban people without giving them chances first. I understand your hostility towards 343i, but no one here is 343i, so no one here is deserving of your attitude.

So what. Like I said, if the "mods" didnt like it they never should have allowed me to make it to begin with. I can,and will be fileing a complaint on this site for changeing a users name without express consent or knowledge. Even I know that just about EVERY site, has a list embedded into the site of names and ot words that cannot be used in a users name. Perhaps the "mods" should have thought about that...

So what. Like I said, if the "mods" didnt like it they never should have allowed me to make it to begin with. I can,and will be fileing a complaint on this site for changeing a users name without express consent or knowledge. Even I know that just about EVERY site, has a list embedded into the site of names and ot words that cannot be used in a users name. Perhaps the "mods" should have thought about that...

Certain sites do not have that option to limit names. Now I am not sure if this site does or not but I think you shouldn't be to rash with your decision making. Calm down.

The moderators don't need your express consent or even your knowledge to change your name. They don't even need to tell you that they've done it. If they feel that you are breaking the rules, then they will moderate you. You do not have a right to be here. You have the privilege of being here. That privilege can be revoked at any time for a number of different reasons. As for the names and words that cannot be spoken, you'll find that there are a few that can't. It may seem a bit naive, but the moderators expect the members to use their best judgment when it comes to names and such. If they don't, however, that's where the name change comes in.

It's a shame too, this is a pretty friendly forum. One of the friendliest forums on the internet. If you hadn't come here hostile, then you might have enjoyed your time here. You may still, if you have a change in attitude.

• Like 1

hey pal quit ur rage crying and grow up first 343 didn't take Halo Bungie sold it (gave it up, threw in the towel, whatever they are now makeing PS3 games) and 343 thankfully bought it, u say 343 makes halo worse dude learn your history 343 has been helping make Halo with Bungie since Halo 2 they have only done everything in their power to make it better. You dont even know where the employies for 343 came from, they are FORMER EMPLOYIES OF BUNGIE AND MICROSOFT(in general) they were the first to buy halo because they knew that there was much potential in it and Bungie was just giving it away. so stop b*tching at 343 for Bungies mistakes.

The moderators don't need your express consent or even your knowledge to change your name. They don't even need to tell you that they've done it. If they feel that you are breaking the rules, then they will moderate you. You do not have a right to be here. You have the privilege of being here. That privilege can be revoked at any time for a number of different reasons. As for the names and words that cannot be spoken, you'll find that there are a few that can't. It may seem a bit naive, but the moderators expect the members to use their best judgment when it comes to names and such. If they don't, however, that's where the name change comes in.

It's a shame too, this is a pretty friendly forum. One of the friendliest forums on the internet. If you hadn't come here hostile, then you might have enjoyed your time here. You may still, if you have a change in attitude.

thank you for those words of wisdom i wish that everyone here could think like that.

I never said bungie screwed up! But thers been more glitching, map changeing, respawns have changed, and derankings thanks to 343s updates. So all in all if some digbat steps in front of me while I take a shot and end up shooting a team member and get banned for it, its my fault? Personally I dont care WHO works for 343 if they want to make it better maybe the next update will include a patch for friendly fire being off. It just causes to many problems for.other players. And on the note of my name, I wouldnt have been so upset if the mod and or mods, have been discrecte and at least sent me a message about it. Id have given them something else to use. Like , I dont know Haloexp? If your going to chanve my name at least change it to something I woukd prefure. Its not alot to ask.

*on ,my bad typo.

Or which ever it is, that way other members on your own team cant betray you for something like a sniper,shotgun,or sword.

I have a question how does the booting system work? I was betrayed by 1 guy 3 times! And I didnt get a option to boot him. I got annoyed so I killed him and he booted me straight away. Please Help!

I have a question how does the booting system work? I was betrayed by 1 guy 3 times! And I didnt get a option to boot him. I got annoyed so I killed him and he booted me straight away. Please Help!

Everyone here keeps saying its the way bungie intended it to be. I've run into the same problem maybe since itz been taken over 343 can fix that. Herez hoping.