Halo 4 Open Beta At Japan

Dog

I think Microsoft has a good strategy by doing this , they probably chose Japan because the xbox is not very popular there , and by doing this it will increase it's popularity in Japan. I really dont care cause even if it was in the U.S I still wouldnt go.

Either that, or they are just trolling us hahaha.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who pays attention to Halo 4 news in this thread?

RoosterTeeth has opened a "gaming lobby" in their building that includes a beta stage Halo 4. They allow members of the public to come in and play the beta. The lobby is already extremely popular, and the line is said to be crazily long. So long that even RT employees have a tough time getting game time on the beta. However, they have the luxury of coming in early (or staying late) to get their game time in.

It's been open for nearly a month now, if not longer.

Calling playable stages a Beta is a stretch. These playable versions of Halo 4 that were at RTX and now at Japan's convention are NOT BETAS. Betas, are versions that are used to gather play data and feedback to change how the game plays. At no point during either convention, was there any data that was collected on the experiences. The game is not going to change in a groundbreaking way due to anything being playable whether it is short campaign or multiplayer matches. They have less than 2 months dev time before it has to be shipped off to manufacturing, and that also depends on whether MS gives them the seal of final approval.

On a side note, show me where it was written or spoken, that these playable sections of Halo 4 were listed or marketed as a beta...

• Like 1

It's not just Japan. All Micorosft did was specify which parts of the game would be playable at each convention. It has nothing to do with it being a Beta, it's just luck of the draw and demographics. As previously stated, japan is not a big 360 seller. It would make sense to build some hype for the new Halo game their, so they could try to capture a following for the 360 hardware. With the new Xbox only a year away from mass production, it is important that Microsoft tries to break into newer markets. If that means showing off playable games with more or different special levels than what we had in the US and Europe...then so be it.