where halo 4 will(probaly) take place

SHAMAZING T4CO

ok first off i would like to say its not onyx, onyx is covered in lush forests and the planet seen in the trailer and the end of halo 3 is bare and metallic so what i think it is either a shield world(unlikely) or to make the storyline good, a contaiment planet for the flood. Thats what i think because the floods not gone, its just slowed so yes i think flood is going to be the main enemy and sentinals will be a secondary threat. thats what i think :)

ok first off i would like to say its not onyx, onyx is covered in lush forests and the planet seen in the trailer and the end of halo 3 is bare and metallic so what i think it is either a shield world(unlikely) or to make the storyline good, a contaiment planet for the flood. Thats what i think because the floods not gone, its just slowed so yes i think flood is going to be the main enemy and sentinals will be a secondary threat. thats what i think :)

Ok, I can see how you would think this but, my guess from after reading the book Ghosts of Onyx. There is a chance it could be Onyx, the reason for this is because Onyx got destroyed by millions of sentinles and Hasley and the rest of the team with her got taken into a Dyson Sphere and from what i have seen and read, it could be the one!

Ok, I can see how you would think this but, my guess from after reading the book Ghosts of Onyx. There is a chance it could be Onyx, the reason for this is because Onyx got destroyed by millions of sentinles and Hasley and the rest of the team with her got taken into a Dyson Sphere and from what i have seen and read, it could be the one!

yah im about halfway through onyx so idk but from what i read its covered in forest and if it is onyx they wouldnt have any enemys but sentinals and truthfully that would be boring

i havent read that book yet what is it about?

It is the first in a series (not sure if it is actually gunna be a series or not) that follows the adventures of a young Forerunner as he discovers the origins of the Flood, the Halos, and the Precursors (ancient civilization from long before the Forerunner).

It is the first in a series (not sure if it is actually gunna be a series or not) that follows the adventures of a young Forerunner as he discovers the origins of the Flood, the Halos, and the Precursors (ancient civilization from long before the Forerunner).

oh sounds cool do u suggest that i buy it?

oh sounds cool do u suggest that i buy it?

I would suggest it if you are interested in the expanded universe. And you don't have to have read any of the other novels or comics to read this one.

I would suggest it if you are interested in the expanded universe. And you don't have to have read any of the other novels or comics to read this one.

ok thanx for telling me

what i say when someone calls me pink: for the last time my spartan isnt pink its salmon cant u people understand that? SALMON is it really that hard salmon looks NOTHING like pink

pulled this off of Halowiki

interesting could it be the precursors we face?

any info from Halo wiki

Not much is known about them, but information that can be found by text from the logs stored in the Terminals around the Ark indicates it is possible that the Forerunner 'Mantle' (Guardians of the Galaxy and all life) was handed down from "legends of the past": the Precursors. It has been presumed that the Precursors viewed the Forerunners as their own legacy, continuing their work after they departed, much in the same way Forerunner lifeworkers (including the greatest lifeworker: the Librarian) viewed Humanity before the activation of the rings. Having obtained the status of Tier-0, it is likely that the Precursors can travel between galaxies.

Precursors are described as "very large", with 4 upper limbs and 2 legs. Also having an "ugly head shaped like arthropods" - like spiders or crabs - they have oval, faceted slanted eyes and a "flat face". Coming from the back of the head is a long tail with a 2 meter barb coming out of it. Whether this is the way all Precursors look has yet to be revealed, but this is the way the prisoner on a Pre-Human world is described.

It is also revealed that this prisoner is the last known Precursor, and that every other Precursor had been ruthlessly killed in a Forerunner-Precursor war almost 150,000 years before the events of Halo and that their answer is at hand - implying that a Proto-Flood form (described as a fine dust, contained in hundreds of glass cylinders) were created as revenge or as a failsafe.

"We meet again, young one. I am the last of those that gave you breath and shape and form, millions of years ago.

I am the last of those your kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.

I am the last Precursor.

And our answer is at hand."

While this is official canon, as the book was written with assistance from 343 industries and Bungie Studios, it would seem to contradict the account of events as described by the Terminals from Halo 3. For in Halo: Cryptum it is discovered that the Didact spoke with this last Precursor. Yet in the Terminals the Didact is answering the Librarian saying that the mantle has not failed them (he is referencing the Forerunners, his own species). He further says that "We can halt this thing!" (Note that he is referring to the flood) "And follow in Their footsteps." Since he is talking about the forerunners inheriting the mantle from the Precursors, and following in their footsteps in that manner, it would conflict with the canon in the book. Therefore it may be inferred that the Flood were created as a failsafe, but slipped beyond Precursor control. It is also important to note that the humans have been identified as the descendants of the Precursors in Halo: Contact Harvest, meaning that the surviving Forerunners could have recognized this, referring to the early humans (who had managed to defeat the Flood with their San 'Shyuum allies) as if they were Precursors.

Original Link in halo wiki

thoughts?

I don't think it would contradict the book canon because the Cryptum series has yet to finish, and we haven't seen how (or if) the Precursors fought and defeated the Flood, how the Flood was really created, and who the original enemy of the Flood was. All that the book said was that (as you stated) the Humans and San 'Shyuum secretly fought the Flood at the same time that the Forerunners were waging war on the 'expanding' Human-San 'Shyuum empire (when they were actually running for their lives from the Flood), and then goes on about the Humans beating the Flood back out of our galaxy and then the Humans in turn being defeated by the Forerunner.

So in the next few books we could very well find out how the Precursors fought and defeated the Flood, which would eliminate any contradiction.

343 said they would use the books! Hey isn't the spartan Kelly in the Dyson sphere as well? Some people have come up with a plot idea with her just want to see if they could be right.

I think that there's going to be a new war agonist the Forerunners. Elites and UNSC vs Forerunners.

i still think the forerunners will return maybe in Halo 5, and I still think that it will turn out that the Flood were created by them. but who knows, we eagerly await more info.

I thought I read on Waypoint that the Forerunners' only enemy that could destroy them was the Flood. Why would they create something that would destroy them?