A journey into the mind of a CoD player

INACTIVE

For many days I discretely observed a Call of Duty: Black Ops player, not a casual player but a competetive player, and I discovered something that I had not noticed before. Many of you out there may already know this and many of you may not, but this is the first time I have recognized it.

Now, the thing that I have discovered is that in CoD: BO's multiplayer, It doesn't matter what gametype, the players sole objective is not to capture the flag, kill a certain amount of players, or destroy a target. The one and only objective of the infamous CoD player is to make other players, friend and foe alike, quit the match due to excessive anger and/or frustration. This form of quitting is commonly known as "rage quitting" or "rageing".

Often these players team up in groups of players know as "clans". Now, unlike the clans you all know of, the CoD clan isn't meant for team play, fun, or even in-game assistance. CoD clans are formed to make the process of making players rage quit easier due to having a larger number of player types such as "n00bs", "tryhards", and those who "suck". n00bs are often seen wielding weapons with an undermounted m203 grenade launcher.

The players "suck" are those that have just killed another players, this is how a conversation between a "tryhard" and a player that "sucks" would normally go:

TH: Ok, i'm going to try and make this n00b rage by knifing him, watch this lololol.

Player-that-sucks: Ohhh, you just got quickscoped noob.

TH: YOU SUCK, YOU ARE A HACKER, I'M GONNA HAVE MY HACKER FRIEND BAN YOU FOR LIFE YOU STUPID NOOB!.

In the end, I recommend, if you are a casual player of CoD, to stay out of the matchmaking and as far away from the "leet" players or you will get trolled... hard.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerly

Grim Reaper, High Councilor.

• Like 4

Yep, a large amount of people don't play to have fun with friends or because 'it's a good multiplayer experience', but more because they try to annoy other people as much as is humanly possible because they find it entertaining.

Quite true, and quite sad as well.

I usually don't like CoD threads in the forum, but this made me LMAO because it's all true. Usually if they do stuff like that to me or someone else, I just trash talk them back. lol. I hate CoD fanboys. They're stupid. So are the so-called "clans".

"Oh. I quickscoped you n00b! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"You nubetuber! I'm going to ban you!"

"What the hell?! You knifed me and I shot you like 60 times! H4X3R!!!!" (He probably just hip-fired.) :P

Seriously CoD fanboys...shut up.

• Like 1

Yes, I liked it and liked it! Very true. I once went on a Knifing spree just to get one of those types back.

As much as it might seem to be the right thing to do, it isn't. Your just enabling them to rage which in turn make more people rage. This is how the rage cycle works. None-the-less I liked your post (literally as well)

This is basically how a battle in Call of Duty goes:

Player one fires SMG at player 2

Player 2 runs up and stabs player 1

Player 1 dies O-o

I like your sig, that was a great movie. I pretty sure that poem had the phrase "once more into the fray" in it though.

• Like 1

I once killed a guy with his own weapons. He had a Grenade Launcher attachment on Primary. And a Rocket launcher of some sorts. Forgot which one exactly. MW2. Killed him with both. He rage quit. I did it because he made my whole team rage quit. I lol'ed. I never let them get away with it.