4 Years in Cyo is quite a long Time, don't you think?

Rex Reiden X

Cortana can't upgrade the hardware unless she physically swaps things out but she can upgrade the suits firmware,at the sametime there could be a service bot around but the whole halo universe shows nothing of human built bots anywhere,pls correct if wrong.

The chief is fully catheteriszed and she can still monitor his internals at the chemical level so she can make adjustments perse as time moves on,a little less of this or that or a little more of this or that,she can adjust it, where is if it was left to the standard operting system it could go na-na and kill him or just bring him out at each alotted safety time limit and make him wait til his system was once again capapble of sustaining cryo for long periods of time.

I see what you mean but I would like a little clarification, if you may. You are totally correct, there are no human built bots what so ever in the whole Halo universe, but Cortana could have done a bunch of things with just one or two broken or desynchronized sentinels. Anyway, pls tell me how updating the firmware would do anything to deplete the effects of the gases? Upgrading the firmware can change the software and make the system work more efficiently, but it can't make the system do something (physically) that it was not designed to. Cortana could have upgraded the firmware to make the Chief reaction time decrease and make him faster, make the suit process more information at a faster rate; it's like hacking a software. But if the suit was not made to physically do something then updating the firmware won't do anything against it. You said that Cortana could control his internal organs at the chemical lvl, this is really an intriguing theory here, she could have his body increase the healing rate. But to increase the healing rate the body will most likely need to increase the metabolism and produce more substances, therefore consuming energy and on the long run leaving the Chief's body without a source of energy. Unless of course there are chambers storing glucose and other chemicals that give energy to the body, but if she were to maintain this method the chamber's storage would deplete REALLY fast. Even if the Chief's life were in the hands of the standard operating system and be awaken until he would be able to substain another long term in cryo, his suit can only recycle air for 90 minutes which in my opinion won't be enough to last a year, so that theory is out of the question. So, pls enlight me.

actually i posted that post and didn't quite read through your other post and just as i did, the site locked up on me so i thought i'll try and re-edit it before it could be read but couldn't get back on,which was strange,maybe it's my provider,idk but sorry had to wait til now that i'm back up.

Sci-fi, Yeah man this is where it's at,where we can talk about something that in this day and age is impossible until we figure out how to apply hibernation techniques of certain animals for us to use.

it would only work if like you said if there was any sentinels on board or the cryo unit has a pump and drip hookup that the suit clips and locks onto when he clambers in,giving her the pump mechanism to pump in cryo chemicals to keep the organs from degenerating from too long an exsposure to cold temps and possibly keep the system oxygenated at such a low level that it looks virtually impossible that anything could still be alive.

Watch these conference talks.

it opens ones eye's to the possibility that one day we will crack it,in the halo stories they did their research well,the Didact was in suspended animation and then desiccated to last for whatever length of time,amazing.

actually i posted that post and didn't quite read through your other post and just as i did, the site locked up on me so i thought i'll try and re-edit it before it could be read but couldn't get back on,which was strange,maybe it's my provider,idk but sorry had to wait til now that i'm back up.

Sci-fi, Yeah man this is where it's at,where we can talk about something that in this day and age is impossible until we figure out how to apply hibernation techniques of certain animals for us to use.

it would only work if like you said if there was any sentinels on board or the cryo unit has a pump and drip hookup that the suit clips and locks onto when he clambers in,giving her the pump mechanism to pump in cryo chemicals to keep the organs from degenerating from too long an exsposure to cold temps and possibly keep the system oxygenated at such a low level that it looks virtually impossible that anything could still be alive.

Watch these conference talks.

http://www.ted.com/t...xtinctions.html

http://www.ted.com/t..._animation.html

it opens ones eye's to the possibility that one day we will crack it,in the halo stories they did their research well,the Didact was in suspended animation and then desiccated to last for whatever length of time,amazing.

Has anyone ever thought of the possibility that when chief took his little break from cryo, he took off his suit, and that's when cortana upgraded? Then he woke up again, and put it back on. Again, just a theory.

Funny thing, before I posted my previous reply I did my own little research on Cryostasis & Cryopreservation and H2S came up quite frequently in both articles (Wikipedia). I saw both vids and just like you said, they can be eye opening for some ppl. I personally liked the video with Mark Roth's discussion, it went in deeper into the subject. And Bullet, there is just no way that theory might work; the temperature in space is somewhat close to absolute 0 which is enough to kill a human in seconds especially when he/she is naked. Aside from that there is a difference in pressure in space than on Earth, taking off the suit will most likely kill the Chief. That along with the fact that it took three technicians with at least a dozen AIs fifteen minutes to gear up the Chief. This are the few reasons why your theory is not possible, and this are the same reasons why the Chief and Kelly were not able to save Sam in "Halo: The Fall of Reach" when they infiltrated the Covenant ship and destroyed it. Even if this theory is not possible I am glad that at some people are still coming up with new theories, thank you.

You know what? I would think that future cryo will possibly go the way of a womb like capsule,where your suspended in an amniotic fluid with your very own geenied placental sac that can change you're bio environmentals,replace your blood with antifreeze chemicals,tissue sustaining fluids,recycle the matter you went in with and drop your system down to near freezing,so really your not in cryo but setup in a pickle jar.

Like some african frogs that cover themselves in a mucus sack and wait till the monsoon comes back around and sometimes that can take years.

Ok, this post coccured to me yesterday but I hadn't post this thread because I needed to go back to the books for some proof or else I was going to get a bunch of BS from ppl. Anyway, it is my understanding that the Chief spent 4 years in Cryo in the time between Halo 3 & 4 but in the book "Halo: The Flood" as the narrator stated in page 20: "Most soldiers went into cryo naked, since covered skin generally reacted badly to the cryo process. Sam had once worn a bandage into the freezer and discovered the affected skin blistered and raw when he woke up.". The narrator also stated in the Prologue page 1 that: "In over two hundred combat cruises, Marcus had clocked fewer than seventy-two hours in cryostorage." Those of you who read the book can skip the next explanation which will begin and end with {}. {The person reffered to in the passages is Tech Officer (3rd class) Sam Marcus, if you haven't read the book but have played the 1st game you might recognize him as the guy in the observation deck when Chief is taken out of Cryo. And if you look towards him when the Elites go into the observation deck you can see part of his death which is also explained in more detail in the book.} Anyway back to the topic, how is it possible for Chief to stay alive through 4 years in cryo when Sam with fewer than 72 hours had a piece of his body with blisters and raw? And don't say the suit 'cause in page 21 the narrator stated that Chief's skin "itche and stung" which is obviously a side effect of cryo, so the armor doesn't protect him completly from cryo. I am obviously open for opinion, thank you very much.

Sam Only had 72hours in cryo because he was busy and part of his job was running the cryo department it is not uncommon for soldiers to spend months in cryo and in some cases years so no 4years isn't that long

Sam Only had 72hours in cryo because he was busy and part of his job was running the cryo department it is not uncommon for soldiers to spend months in cryo and in some cases years so no 4years isn't that long

Not sure if this has been stated yet, but in Halo: Glasslands by Karen traviss, she states on page 732, "Hey, you know that suit maintains and upgrades itself when she's in cryo? It's all nanotech" So just some food for thought

Tallgeese is right. The suits can do that. I'm sure systems can calculate more efficient ways to do things and then upgrade the suit to those specs. Besides, chief's suit isn't made of regular cloth.

mACca431, I only posted that information so ppl could get an idea of what would happen to the skin if covered during cryo. And ppl might be able to spent more than 4 years in cryo without suffering any damages, the point of this argument is or was to figure out how the Chief didn't die since his skin was covered. Tallgeese, which suit version are they talking about in Glasslands? And this was already discussed in one of my posts, upgrading the suit's firmware won't d anything against the gases. And if the suit could physically upgrade itself then why did the gases affected the Chief? I'd really appreciate it if you could answer these questions. And thank you very much for still trying to clear this mess, since this thread was posted quite a while now.

I believe in Glasslands, they are wearing Mk. VI version armor. But I could be mistaken.

As for the upgrading the physical suit, it may be possible for the nanotech to physically repair and upgrade the armor along with the software. I believe the gases affected the chief when he was wearing an earlier version/software system. So that could also expalin if his suit is a newer version and the software is newer than it would have more possibilities to upgrade. But who knows lol

Ok, now we have two highly possible theories in the basket. I believe this post could be left alone until the game comes out and reveals what actually happened. I'll be sure to come back to this post wheather they answer this question or not in the game. But that does not mean I am done making theories, thank you very much guys.