On Didact's glyph in Halo 4 live action trailer/demo

P-1609

Has anyone noticed in Halo 4 live action trailer, and at the end of the demo that (supposed) Didact's symbol has changed?

Here it is while it is still turning upside down. And still, looks different from the original.

post-26271-0-45700000-1340059862.png

post-26271-0-27372400-1340060074.jpg

Here it is the original symbol, and its also the same on the Halo: CEA terminal.

post-26271-0-98181900-1340060129.png

Finally, here is a video, where a Mexican H4 blogger talks about the Arbiter, The Prometheans and the Didacts glyph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_S02Rx89V0&feature=g-user-u

Since 1:10 he starts talking about the symbols, and in 1:20 he overlaps them, making the difference obvious.

My theories are:

1.-This is not the Didact, it is or Faber, the Master Builder, or a copycat

2.-This is in fact the Didact, but corrupted, or rage-blinded by the supposed death of the Librarian, his wife. Or fighting the Humans because they destroyed the Ark and the Halo array.

• Like 1

My theories are:

1.-This is not the Didact, it is or Faber, the Master Builder, or a copycat

2.-This is in fact the Didact, but corrupted, or rage-blinded by the supposed death of the Librarian, his wife. Or fighting the Humans because they destroyed the Ark and the Halo array.

I had been wondering the same thing myself. It certainly resembles the Didact's symbol, but it is not 100%. Of course, I don't have a whole lot of other Forerunner symbols to compare it against. I would have to imagine that there were TONS of different symbols and a symbol being filled in OR not being filled in... or turned upside down... or a different color is huge difference.

I don't think the Didact would be angry about the destruction of a Halo array.

I am onboard with Mendicant Bias being the bad guy at this point.

I don't think the Didact would be angry about the destruction of a Halo array.

I am onboard with Mendicant Bias being the bad guy at this point.

I do think Didact is mad becaes of the destruction of the array. He may not have build it, but he gave the order to fire, supposedly killing the librarian.

Faber did Build the Halo array, and thats his motivation for Killing humanity, i guess.

And why Medicant Bias is the bad guy? I really didn't got that part. :C

• 1 month later...

I completely agree with your theories.

1. Faber or
  2. Didact corrupted

Both are logical but I just don't see Didact having a grudge against humans unless that part is explained in the next book. I do look for Mendicant Bias to return in the trilogy at some point possibly to aid the humans and Master Chief. All of his "shards" that were scattered are not accounted for.

Great analysis P-1609!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It's amazing, and curious on how Bornstellar(TheDidact) went mad, I don't think his wife died. So I strongly presume it might be The master builder. But the thing that gets me is when del rio talked to the chief, chief said this "if we let him leave this world, humanity will be at risk" So The guy must be really strong I also found that the master builder is a immensly powerful Forerunner builder and his personality description

"Despite his high standing in Forerunner society, Faber displayed arrogance and cruelty wholly at odds with the Forerunner ideals of peace and enlightenment. He held utter contempt for less-advanced species, as well as lower-ranking Forerunners. He also was not above using torture against those who crossed him."

But I can tell 343i wants to keep us on our seats about whos the enemy, and they are really good. On the other hand looking at the OLD Didact and heres the thing that gets me

"The Didact's eventual fate is unclear, whether or not he survived the activation or perished, as his location is not specified, be it on the Ark, Requiem , or one of the Halo Rings."

Source: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Faber

Source: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Didact

• Like 1

I completely agree with your theories.

1. Faber or

2. Didact corrupted

Both are logical but I just don't see Didact having a grudge against humans unless that part is explained in the next book. I do look for Mendicant Bias to return in the trilogy at some point possibly to aid the humans and Master Chief. All of his "shards" that were scattered are not accounted for.

Great analysis P-1609!! :thumbsup:

ya, i either thought it meant the Didact was corrupted or rampant, but i have another theory. I think its possibly meaant to show that it is not the orignal Didact. Its the Didacts consciousness and imprint in Bornstellar