4 or 5?

Yay4Kieran

In my opinion, five seems like a reasonable number. It worked in Halo 3's Social Slayer playlist, it could work here. Maybe in Infinity Slayer?

The number is not too big for confined spaces, yet not too small for more open areas. :2guns:

I personally prefer 4v4 games purely because it makes the connection that much better. It also means you can get an Extermination medal with the Sniper Rifle, which would only be possible via luck rather than skill in a 5v5 game (you have to wait for two enemies' heads to line up, instead of just shooting them one after another).

Warthogs would be quite overpowered on most maps in a 4v4 gametype, especially if the turret is anywhere near as vicious as the Halo 3 variant - but I can't see any problems with adding Ghosts into the mix, as that's worked very well before in maps like Isolation, High Ground, and Orbital. It also opens up more fun weapon sandboxes and tactical options - Rocket Launchers are usually horribly overpowered, but if there's a vehicle on the map they become much more balanced, as you have to decide whether killing either the two clustered enemies with Pistols or the guy in the Ghost better benefits your team.

5v5 has its place, I guess, but 4v4 has always worked fine so far and there isn't really any pressing need to change it.