Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Screens Show Off Adventure Update

Archangel Tyrael

minecraft-xbox-360-edition-screens-show-off-adventure-update.jpg

The Xbox version of Minecraft will be getting a adventure update soon. Endermen, Silverfish and Mineshafts. 3 new screenshots to see what you are getting into. No date yet unfortunately.

Read below for more details

Endermen and silverfish and mineshafts, oh my! The Adventure Update content is almost here for

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, and 4J Studios has the proof in three new screens posted by Mojang that show off some of the new content fans can expect to run into. The image above features the game's terrifying Endermen, which are totally harmless until you look at one and it teleports death into your face.

You'll find two more images after the jump. One shows off a silverfish, pesky little cave insects that pop out of the blocks they hide in once you destroy them. Silverfish are native in PC Minecraft to strongholds -- an underground castle of sorts that offers access to the endgame zone -- so it's odd to see this one roaming what appears to be a random cave. The other picture shows off an abandoned mineshaft, a great underground source for wood, minetracks, and -- most importantly -- TREASURE.

One unusual thing I'm noticing: in the two images below, you can clearly see a tiny avatar in the upper left corner of both screens. The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft isn't a direct port of the PC game, and there's no similar feature on the PC side. I'm guessing the tiny avatar images are there to show players what their cool avatar skin looks like at all times? Anyone out ther care to hazard a guess?

We recently chatted up

4J Studios' Paddy Burns on Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, both what's coming in the Adventure Update and what fans can look forward to down the road as it starts to veer away from the original PC version of the game.

View full article