Is Spartan ops like an RPG part of the game

Enlargingparrin

• 2 months later...

It kinda is but kinda isn't. From what we have seen and what we have heard here and there, it is a safe bet that the actions you take in-game will also reflect a score or amount of class exp you gain. Say there is a stealth mission. If you complete it without alerting anyone, you get a perfect and set amount of exp. If you alert 2 or three, you get like 75%, and so on. Then there is the bit about being able to carry over your class perks into it, all the while your actions do effect what the next mission is, or how that mission plays out. So yes, in a way it is very RPG like, but again, isn't.

Wut? :blink:

You haven't played too many RPG"s I'm guessing.

No i havnt. But it is operations. So i think it will be reletively straight forward. The series goes on for way too long to have an RPG. It just isnt like halo to do that.

No i havnt. But it is operations. So i think it will be reletively straight forward. The series goes on for way too long to have an RPG. It just isnt like halo to do that.

Well I'm not saying Halo should do it. I'm saying many RPG's implement the action and consequence system, just not that many today due to streamlining and what not.

Well I'm not saying Halo should do it. I'm saying many RPG's implement the action and consequence system, just not that many today due to streamlining and what not.

Well like I said i dont see it happening. Not that it wouldnt be awesome though :D

• 1 month later...

Yeah I think we can rule out an RPG..... it's just not Halo. All Spartan Ops is basically a playable TV show, look at it that way. You play an episode, and then after a little bit of a wait, you get another one. Simple as that. Basically the Halo 3: ODST of Halo 4, but it actually takes place during Halo 4.... gosh they should have called it Halo 2: ODST.... nevermind, yeah, no RPG