Why The Halo Movie Didn't Happen

There will be a Halo Movie, BUT i want it to be made by Microsoft and 343, not some hollywood company, so as to keep originality.

Forward Unto Dawn will be the Deal breaker, i can guarentee you. If it does well (it will) then the Movie will be proposed again.

Like if you agree :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For master chief they should get one of the biggest, tallest, manliest actor they can find and give him a kick ass suit so awesome that everyone else with 1 of those crappy M/C suits will cry

They should use Sam Worthington or Chris Hemsworth :D

We all know that when hollywood needs muscle AND smarts, they go to Australia :D

But only use these people if they make a movie not based on the games

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with Mr. The Director: in my opinion, a movie based on one of the games of the trilogy would be boring, because there would be too many scenes of shooting and Chief walking around, occasionally a conversation between John and Cortana. But a movie based on a book, most likely The Fall of Reach or Contact Harvest or Ghosts of Onyx or even better Cryptum wuold be awesome.

I agree.

Just read cryptum ( yes i know it came out early last year) and i think it would be a great movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever production company handled Forward Unto Dawn... and whoever wrote it... have them pen and produce the Halo film. Then have Blomkamp direct it. That's my verdict, personally. I think the District 9 approach to crafting the cinematic feel of a Halo film would be picture perfect for it. But I want it to be rooted in UNSC and Halo lore and visuals the way FUD was. That series gave me real hope that a Halo film could be absolutely amazing if handled delicately and decisively.

The thing is, the idea of a halo film sounds amazing but will the actual film be good. Halo is such a bit universe and even after 5 or 6 games its still being explained. In order to make a film from a huge universe you would have to be a very special and good director, think about it would we have the master chief as the potaganist or some random marine, what planet would they be fighting on unlike a game or a book a film cant jump from one place to another it has to stay rooted to a specfic plot line i.e like what FUD was like (however it was a web series)

We would have to have it based and focused on one thing, i.e a odst fighting on earth or some other planet against the covenant. I really want a halo movie but im afraid that if that day ever came it would fail miserably, and i beleive it would be the type of film to fire out huge ammounts of info just to get the audience to understand whats accutally going on in the film, then comes the problem with dialog versus action scenes it couldnt all be about fighting covenant like the games it would be painstaking slow building characters up etc

Just a thought