March Community Vote for Forge Contest Maps.

Absolute Dog

These are the maps created by our communities forgers and submitted for your voting approval. The maps have been placed randomly in the following thread and offer all of the included links, images and descriptions provided by the respective creators. Please take the time to down load the maps and play them in small groups to help provide you with the necessary information you need to vote for a winner.

The winner of the Community Vote will receive 1600 MS Points and a Community Forge Award. This new award will become the standard for our forge winners voted by the community.

Here are the maps that are up for voting!

by Azaxx

---DESCRIPTION---

Overview -

This map "Sagacity" is a symmetrical to the most point map using the entire plateau of the pillar and uses both side "ramps" on it as well. i made the concept art for it at school, (got really bored). The spawns are totally symmetrical and allow easy access to weapons. The cover on each bases allows the spawns not to be camped, or hit by rockets.

Armour Abilities -

The map gives advantages to all Vanilla Reach slayer Armour abilities, jet pack - the side paths have little covering to allow easy jet-packing. Sprint - the large spaces allow easy sprinting to get to places. Long pathways allow holograms to be easily deployed and active camouflage and armour lock are also very useful in the map.

Weapons -

At each base there are Needlers, on each side pathways there are Magnums and Plasma Pistols. In the center of the map, there is a Rocket launcher with 2 rockets to prevent rocket spamming. And on each ramp down there are shotguns. All weapons are equal distance from each bases.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by Choot 'em

Description: Two opposing ships meet up at the Pillar, each with it's own base/dock (Sniper, Needle Rifle, frag/plasma grenades) that leads to the center (Rocket Launcher). Surrounding rock "trench" provides plenty of close quarter combat (shotgun, thumper, various AR/Magnum spawns)

481bfb58.jpg?t=1331732736

f8e6c526.jpg?t=1331732737

83e3b76d.jpg?t=1331668273

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by imakequilts

Quilting Bee

A quilting bee is a gathering of friends and neighbors who come together to work on a quilt. A quilting bee can be a social event during which friends spend time working together on one quilt, or it can be in the form of a competition, in which teams work together in an attempt to finish their quilt before their competitors. In the Quilting Bee you will find a quilt in the middle of the map on a quilt frame. I'm looking forward to seeing who the best quilter is. Hope you enjoy the Quilting Bee. The version I am submitting for the contest is set up as a 1v1 and 2v2 map only. I will add rumble pit and team slayer to another version after to the contest.

reach_27295729_Full.jpg

reach_27274646_Full.jpg

reach_27295727_Full.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by FIREN4 and Hunterex12

reach_27223679_Medium2.jpg

reach_27223678_Medium.jpg

reach_27223677_Thumbnail.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by highplainsdrifter

Siren

is the name of the map

here are some details about the map's structure and after that I'll write a thing like Bungie does for maps, so use whichever one you want to.

This map was designed with asymmetry and non-team specific bases in mind, so there aren't necessarily team bases but the opposing bases are balanced by the trade-off of defensive positions and proximity to power weapons. There might be some of you who have learned about my hate for the Energy Sword, as such you'll be pleased to see that the most noticeable portion of the map serves no other purpose than to provide a suitable, in my mind remember, gamble in acquiring this particular power weapon. There are no teleporters, but there is a gravcannon which has to be entered to grab the sword and the tower is what prevents the swordbearer from getting away too clean. Otherwise the map is pretty much a standard extra small map with an isolated walkway that runs along the outside at the bottom of the tower connecting the two sides.

This facility was originally built as an early warning system for this Array in the event of compromised Flood security. It has long since been abandoned for reasons unknown...

reach_27326100_Full.jpg

reach_27326098_Full.jpg

reach_27326096_Full.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by Mr. Biggles and GazzyMillMill

An Elite and Spartan decided they needed to find which one was the better race, so they decided to fight in a place where only of them could EMERGE victorious. Elites and Spartans have fought here for years and years to find who is the better fighter, but it has never been truly settled, up until now.

This map is perfect for 1v1 or 2v2, with its symmetrical looks and balanced weapons and gameplay, this should make any war fair, so, get out there and fight soldier!

reach_27174508_Medium.jpg

reach_27174518_Medium.jpg

reach_27174513_Medium.jpg

reach_27174517_Medium.jpg

by Donut

A factory based map that has many aesthetics, great gameplay and my first 1v1/2v2 map that I've made. It has 3 power weapons: A shotgun in the right (from red's point of view), a sniper on the left (red's point of view), and a rocket launcher in the middle. Has 4 needlers (2 that have no clips), some plasma/flag grenades, DMR's, magnums, Needle rifles, Assault rifles and some Covenant weapons that most players would rather "pass by". It is a small, symmetrical map, pretty balanced out and, through the test gameplays I did with the members here, should turn out fantastic in the 1v1/2v2 tournament. I've used those circular ramps to make it look like you are playing in a factory, and lighting effects in some areas, so that the map doesn't look TOO dark. The bridge I made looks really good and I think that will have some great slayer action on it. Really, really hope this wins! <3

pod1.jpg

POD2.jpg

POD3-1.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by Total Mayhem and Kill the King

VIce4.jpg

VIce3.jpg

VIce2.jpg

Vice1.jpg

by Skummggummigubbe

(Defend the battle station and keep it ready to fire

Are you able to find all the easter eggs there are total of 4

WARNING! keep your spartan inside boundaries due to flashy images

reach_27199199_Full.jpg

reach_27199196_Full.jpg

reach_27199195_Full.jpg

by RedStarRocket

'Memoria is heavily inspired by Halo: CE's 'Rat Race', and aims to provide intense close-quarters combat inside a claustrophobic arena. The central room contains a Shotgun surrounded by a mass of wide pillars, with very limited sightlines and forcing players to position themselves and use grenades tactically. The outer ring is more open but still features plentiful cover and opportunities for surprise attacks, while health packs are located midway down each of the external corridors.'

reach27202973full.jpg

reach27202974full.jpg

reach27202975full.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fjunkster

by XxSephirothxX50

reach_27286236_Full.jpg

Abandoned Factory

Description: Teams: Red vs Blue Only | This warn down factory used to supply the soldiers until they got attacked by a mercenary group. As the building aged so did the land as is sprung through the factories floors. You can still see the crane that is holding a dangerous weapon.. that was used by the mercenaries to attempt to destroy the factory.

by valyou3 and Lethal Lizzie

reach_27319659_Full.jpg

reach_27319643_Full.jpg

reach_27319633_Full-1.jpg

Breaking Bones. Taking Names

by ZB-85

Its a close quarters map. A Focus rifle in the center, with 2 Glass covers over it. Two Shotguns on the sides. Two Magnums in each tower, with a Needle Rifle and a Plasma Pistol on the bottom. A Concussion Rifle in each base. Four, Plasma and Fragmentation Grenades. With two DMR's in the bottom of the bunkers. And an AR and a Plasma rifle on each side.

Mainly a 1v1 or a 2v2 map. Close quarters but also Distance shooting style.

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Sorry Red, needed this spot.

Continuation of the maps for the contest.

Demigod 1.0 1v1

Demigod 2.0 2v2

by DoctorB77

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grav Central

by Private Church

Grav Central is a small map intended for 1v1 or 2v2 slayer. The map is fairly symmetrical, with a designated side for red/blue spawning. It is located on and above the map pillar. There are two walkways on each side of the pillar, each equipped with a man cannon to propel the player to the top flat area. There is one plasma rifle and one plasma pistol on each walkway, along with two frags and two stickies. There are two needlers on the top of the pillar. In the center of the pillar there is a grav lift that serves to propel you up into the round base. Inside the round base there are two DMR's. On either side of the round base there are two more grav lifts which propel you up onto a walkway that encircles the round base. There are four magnums on each 45 degree angle of the circular walkway. On the two platforms on either side level to the round base connected to the walkway, there is one plasma repeater each. On the top of the round base in the center, there is a shotgun with no spare clips. There are also two needler rifles hidden on the top of the round base. They are discoverable. Spawn points are spread with regularity across the map, with a side for blue and a side for the opposing red. Kill zones and safe zones are placed accordingly, along with loadout cameras.

reach_27324288_Full.jpg

reach_27324295_Full.jpg

reach_27324297_Full.jpg

reach_27324300_Full.jpg

reach_27324311_Full.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Construction Site

by Anthony Baller

Its A 1v1/2v2 UNSC Construction site

Yes.....something glitched in the save. I will add now, sorry.

I hate to be awkward, but the last image (where my Spartan is hiding on the rock under the platform) is actually a different map! I was testing that maps were killzones off properly and found that hiding spot, the image was just meant to show where it was so it could be fixed! Sorry for the confusion, I'm going to start labelling photos in the future XD

Please download ALL available maps to try before you place your vote for the fairness of all participants!! :thumbsup:

We must download them? I thought we have a planned playdate where we personally try it out with fellow members. Oh well, looks like this might take a while.

Gawd :sweat:, sometimes I wish you could make folders for your forge maps, my stuff is too junky.

Our v7.9 is the wrong one, it is meant to be v7.10, as we just realised we had uploaded an earlier version, with all of the non fixes in it, i assure in v7.10 we have done nothing to the map at all since last thursday, this was ust a smple mistake by me which never should of happened.

http://www.bungie.ne...=WhoIsSnip3down