Destiny - Xur Exotic Recommendations Week One

VinWarrior

Hey everyone, if you play Destiny, and wait patiently for Xur each week, I decided to try and help you out a bit and help myself out. Yaaaaay. Anyway, let's get down to what you should and should not buy.

Where?

Opposite Lord Shaxx near the Hall of Guardians, when you enter, look to the left.

Exotic Mains

post-26953-0-65037000-1424476180_thumb.jpg

Titan - Crest of Alpha Lupi

124/133 Intellect 

Crest of Alpha Lupi is a chest that you will make great use of in 3v3 modes where revival is necessary and strikes and nightfalls for quick revives, but aside from that, there isn't much use in buying it. It's a very specific chest for Medic titans who want to get their teammates up faster, and that's about it. If you have 13 strange coins lying around and want to act as the team's Medic, you'll have a lot of fun, if not, there's no need to pick it up. Especially since it has a painfully average stat roll for a chest.

Hunter - Radiant Dance Machines

119/128 Strength

Radiant Dance Machines have the good advantage of looking very style-ish and being a great addition to a Hunter aiming for max Agility, if you spec in Agility and have the MIDA, you'll love these boots. But, at the same time, they're not that worth wasting the exotic slot on. In my opinion, Don't Touch Me gauntlets are much more useful in the Abyss despite a bit less agility. If you want to spec really good into Agility and don't have DTM, buy them, you won't really regret it.

Warlock - Voidfang Vestments 

HAVEN'T SEEN THESE ENOUGH XUR... Voidfang Vestments are very good if you are a fan of Axion Bolt, it is certainly not a bad exotic, however, Obsidian Mind is a better overall Voidwalker exotic and Voidfangs have been sold enough by now. If you have a good Voidwalker exotic, don't bother, if you have Obsidian Mind, DON'T BOTHER. However, if you're starting on a Voidwalker Warlock, you'll enjoy the chest.

Exotic Sniper - No Land Beyond

NO. 

Exotic Chest Engram 

I got a Heart of the Praxic Fire from this so if you have Motes, pick it up, unless you're really saving for Iron Banner. 

Exotic Upgrades

Titans - 

Crest of Alpha Lupi > An Insurmountable Skulfort

Warlocks -

Voidfang Vestments > Sunbreakers

Hunters - 

Aclyophage Symbiote > Knucklehead Radar

Weapons -

The Last Word > Plan C > MIDA Multi-Tool > Invective > Hard Light = Bad Juju > Monte Carlo

With Iron Banner around now, The Last Word is a critical gun to use in PvP.

Xur also has heavy ammo synths.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

• Like 3

1: Crest of Alpha Lupi is a wonderful chestpiece for any Titan. Spawning more orbs is always good.

2: Dance Machines look like crap to me, also the other Hunter exotics far outclass it. You get similar buffs out of legendary boots.

3: Voidfang is meh. Sold too much so I don't care.

4: No Land Beyond is amusing. Grimore score included.

5: You depend way too much on heavy ammo synths.

This amused me. Keep them coming.

Edited by Vaulting♥Frog

Suggestion: Rather than 'Week one', say the 'week of february 19' or something. makes it....easier.

The RDM's here are tragic, going up to only 128 STR. Mine are maxed at 148 - a twenty point difference.

Buy the NLB. Use it for the fun of it. 

and praise heavy synths.

even though i used 5 and all glitched out and gave me no ammo after being used.