It's a bit later in the day then when I'd usually write the wrap-up, sorry, had a buddy over through the night and got very little sleep so I slept during the day. Anyways, let's get on to the wrap-up! In the aftermath of all the gamescom announcements we have some exciting news so stick around! New content, timed exclusives, and more!

post-26953-0-83403900-1408227131.jpg

Tomb Raider 2 is a Timed Exclusive Says Phil Spencer

The most controversial announcement from Gamescom was without a doubt the announcement of Tomb Raider's exclusivity on Xbox One, with many flipping out and taking to their blogs and YouTube Comments Section areas to rage at Microsoft and Square Enix, some even going as far as sending death threats to Lara's voice actress and Microsoft as a whole. Eurogamer.com reports that these angry people can ease up, as the game is only timed and will come to PS4 and PC eventually. In an interview with Eurogamer, Phil Spencer said, "I didn't buy the IP. I didn't buy the studio. It's not mine. Where this thing will go over time, just like Dead Rising or Ryse, we'll see what happens with the game. I don't own every iteration of Tomb Raider." He shared his sympathy with people on other platforms, understanding how they would feel alienated from a long-time franchise suddenly moving. He does confirm however that he doesn't own Tomb Raider as an IP, and once the deal is over he doesn't know where it could go. 

Note: For the love of god don't read the comments section to this article, you'll lose a metric ton of brain cells. 

post-26953-0-94107700-1408227118_thumb.jpg

What's your take on Tomb Raider being a timed exclusive to Xbox, should it be a full on exclusive or is sharing it with the rest of the community the right thing to do? Debate below!

Destiny DLC Leaked in 2013, Just Realized Now

Something that might surprise you was in 2013 when Diablo 3: The Reaper of Souls was announced, the name 'The Dark Below' was brought up as a possible name for the expansion or something related to Diablo, turns out it was for Destiny, as we now know. GameInformer.com reports the story, also saying DLC was also trademarked before a World of Warcraft DLC, linking it to World of Warcraft as well. Activision handled the situation well, not getting involved, as it would've likely tipped off the fact it was Destiny. Theories included the name of a new World of Warcraft game and possibly a new Blizzard IP. The Dark Below was officially announced when the Ghost Edition, Limited Edition, and Digital Guardian editions of the game were announced, and it was confirmed at Gamescom it would launch in late 2014. 

post-26953-0-42575300-1408227083_thumb.jpg

What do you think of the fact that something so wrapped in shadow and essential to Destiny was leaked so early in it's development? Please do discuss it below!

Titanfall: IMC Rising DLC Announced

We started this series off with the first Titanfall DLC, then continued recently with the second, and it seems we're now ending the Titanfall DLC trilogy with the final add-on announcement! Titanfall.com officially announced the DLC to the rest of the world, it first being revealed at Gamescom this year. The DLC contains what each DLC before it has, 3 maps, Backwater, Zone 18, and Sandtrap, details on each scant. It will run you $9.99 or $24.99 for the season pass to get all three for a value. A release date has not been announced yet, though I would estimate the DLC should launch sometime in October or late September at the earliest. This DLC pack and Frontier's Edge (the last one) seem to have an increased focus on the IMC rather than the Militia, as the only DLC pack to showcase the Militia on the cover was Expedition. This could be a hint at the direction of future titles, possibly IMC winning the war? 

post-26953-0-48705800-1408227060_thumb.jpg

Do you own the Season Pass and are you picking up this DLC? Let me know below! Thank you very much for reading!

Thank you again everyone for reading the wrap-up, I do hope you enjoyed it. I hope to see you all next time on the next Weekly News Wrap-Up. We'll be right back after the break, take it away Jimmy!

*Conan reference here for Yoshi*

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

So much for exclusives being a big part for Ms....

This is becoming a huge problem for Ms.... how can you sell a console when almost all your exclusives are timed, they need to pay the extra money to keep these games on Xb1 and nothing else.

imagine if this game was only on Xb1, how many more Xbox ones would it sell?

A lot. :)