Microsoft opens public beta

Microsoft opens public beta for next Xbox 360 dashboard update, kills Points system

xboxdashbeta1_640_large_verge_medium_lan

Microsoft is opening up a public beta for its next Xbox 360 dashboard update. Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) posted details of the beta on Friday, noting that the update will include performance updates and the ability to use currency instead of Microsoft Points. Testers will be able to sign up to the program from the home hub of the existing Xbox dashboard.

Like previous betas, Microsoft is requesting that testers sign a non-disclosure agreement to prevent leaks and details of the dashboard testing. The Verge previously learned that Microsoft is planning to refresh its Xbox interface with smaller Live Tiles in preparation for the Xbox One console alongside support for gift cards and currency. The final update is expected to arrive in August.

• Like 5

I'm slightly concerned about what they mentioned in the terms of use agreement, it was something along the lines of there being a risk that your xbox could system fail while in a beta. That would suck considering mines and LE console and I dropped like $350 for it.

seems pretty stupid.

Keep MSP.

why would you want that ....here is a real story of what happened to a friend of mine with msp

he was getting state of decay made by undead labs so he buys 1000 points to get it at this time he has got 500 points and so he get it he is 100 off it so he has to pay another 4 pounds to get it if he did not have msp then he could just get the amount he wanted :thumbsup:

• Like 1

why would you want that ....here is a real story of what happened to a friend of mine with msp

he was getting state of decay made by undead labs so he buys 1000 points to get it at this time he has got 500 points and so he get it he is 100 off it so he has to pay another 4 pounds to get it if he did not have msp then he could just get the amount he wanted :thumbsup:

True, but I use the extra or leftover points to get some other stuff... Like when you only have 7 tickets left at a carnival, you spend 2 tickets on the Rubber spider, 1 ticket on a pencil topper, 3 tickets on the very small teddy bear, and you can use the last ticket to get that cool looking, Foam hand that says #1.  lol

• Like 2

True, but I use the extra or leftover points to get some other stuff... Like when you only have 7 tickets left at a carnival, you spend 2 tickets on the Rubber spider, 1 ticket on a pencil topper, 3 tickets on the very small teddy bear, and you can use the last ticket to get that cool looking, Foam hand that says #1.  lol

yes but here's another example that happened to me

yesterday I wanted to buy some dlc I had 70 points but I saw the dlc was 80 points so they expect me to pay 4 pounds for a extra 10 points also the ps4 and xbox one are coming soon and as of right now I don't want any dlc everything I wanted I brought :thumbsup:

Not everyone has a card to pay with, MSP is easier to do with people who do not have a credit card. 

In other words, no more DLC for me as my mum doesn't care about buying games.