'Shifting Gears' Game Night!

RedStarRocket91

shifting_gears_banner_zps98f3ae0c.png

A round of Halo can be one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming: a test of skill, finesse, and tactical thinking combined with desperate run-and-gun action, where a well-placed shot from your Battle Rifle can mean the difference between life and death.

Sometimes however, it's not enough to blast someone with a shotgun and see them collapse backwards, shields broken and spree ended. Sometimes, all you really want to do is splatter them all over the place.

For those fans of the chainsaw bayonet, the overdramatic finishing move, or the headshot which literally explodes the target's skull, to coincide with the release of Gears of War: Judgement we're extremely pleased to announce the Shifting Gears Game Night!

When

Sunday April 14th at 1:30PM Central Time

Where

Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgement

This is an RSVP event: please leave both your gamertag and which of these games you own, as we need to get a good idea of how many people we have attending to help us set up lobbies. Depending on responses, we may host concurrent lobbies on both games, host on one first and then move to the next, or just stick to one of the two games.

Prizes!

As if the chance to reduce your fellow forum friends into small chunky bits for the sake of points wasn't enough, everyone who participates will also earn a unique award for their profile.

And for one lucky Gear, there's a chance to win a truly incredible, literally unique prize!

A custom "Shifting Gears/343iCF" controller skin, designed by Choot 'em!! For participating in the event, each member's name will be entered into a drawing in which one lucky participant will win this controller skin!

shifting_gears_controller_zps0e55f1ba.pn

343iCF logo use approved by Twam.

This is an absolutely amazing, one-of-a-kind prize which cannot be found anywhere else - special thanks to Choot 'em for both the design and the original idea!

So what are you waiting for, Gears? Sign up today, do your part for the COG, and help celebrate the release of the newest instalment of the game that shaped the entire cover-based genre!

• Like 7

I will be there no doubt!

GT: Absolute Dog

Gears of War Owned: Will own them all by that date! m(Need the practice)

If I somehow many a win through sheer luck, expert/quality play or by falling backwards onto the 'red' - "Deploy all nukes" button..........I will donate the controller skin to Spectral Jester. A real legend of this site.

• Like 4

I'll try to show up.

GT: Zaguroth

Gears Owned: All

Also, I have a Gears of War 1 download code to give away. If you would like to use it in some raffle or something just let me know.

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 5

Noooo!! I really want to participate but my xbox can barely read Gears 3  D: 

I'll try though...

...I guess I'll stay on Halo playdates :/

If your Xbox has better luck when the playdate's here, you'd still be more than welcome to come along :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

At this point, as I'm expecting a very low turnout I think it's for the best that the playdate is moved to another time. We don't really have any other scheduled Gears of War playdates and I'd like to make sure that as many members as possible get the chance to participate, so for now this is on hiatus.

I'll update again once I've had a chance to discuss some alternative dates: until then, I'm sorry to everyone who else who's expressed interest, but I promise that the Shifting Gears playdate will return!

• Like 2

UPDATE!

At this point, as I'm expecting a very low turnout I think it's for the best that the playdate is moved to another time. We don't really have any other scheduled Gears of War playdates and I'd like to make sure that as many members as possible get the chance to participate, so for now this is on hiatus.

I'll update again once I've had a chance to discuss some alternative dates: until then, I'm sorry to everyone who else who's expressed interest, but I promise that the Shifting Gears playdate will return!

I agree. This all revolves around Jester and we have all the time in the world to do it.

• Like 1

So, any idea when possible dates for this may be?

Also, still have GoW1 download code for giveaway whenever this happens. Not sure if it expires though..

Sadly it won't be for another few weeks at the least, as I'm now back in Scotland and my internet up here does this every five bloody minutes. I'll find out when I'm next back in an area with decent internet, but sadly it might even have to wait until the summer :(