Teamwork, a thing of the past.

BumblePumpkin

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but people are extremely huge dumbasses in Halo 4 team games such as Capture the Flag. I remember running into this problem in Halo 3 every so often, but in Halo 4 it is nearly EVERY match.

Your teammates try and betray you so that THEY can capture the flag, They treat objective gametypes like a slayer game, and they are generally idiotic.

I thought it was just the people I was getting matched with but I think it can ultimately be blamed on the "Commendations" being award for capturing flags, getting ball beatdowns, and many other things that you actually have to be somewhat competent to do.

Anyone else noticing this? Or am I just getting incredibly unlucky?

In my opinion the whole Teamwork aspect of the game diminished around the Halo 3 Era. People stopped wearing head sets which blocked communication, the game went down hill and so on so fourth.I never played reach because I had quit Halo by that time. If it weren't for my old time friends playing Halo 4 with me then I think I would pull my hair out after seeing some of the kids I have been teamed with. I can not tell you how many times a person on our team has grabbed the oddball and ran straight at the other team, or when a team mate grabs the sniper then hops in a power vehicle such as the mantis....I mean really guys? Common sense should tell you to spread the power between your whole team for maximum advantage. Our team is currently looking for a 4th and 5th permanent man to play with us on Objective and Slayer Game Types, add me in game if you feel you are up to the challenge, can communicate and are on enough in order to play.

• Like 1

Just because you personally cannot find people with which to have significant communication and teamwork, it doesn't mean that Halo 4 does not have any support for it. Just need a team of smart players with headsets and preferably a decent connection.

We weren't necessarily saying that. We are just stating that since the release of Halo 2, each Halo released after that has degraded in communication and team work vauled players. No one even uses mic's anymore. If they do then they are always in a team chat. I am guilty of that though because team chat allows privacy and focus.

most people don't care about teamwork because win or lose you get points so it really doesn't matter.

Yes, this is true. Which is why the True Skill rank needs to become visible SOONER. That is the only way to really stop the "not caring" other than playing with a full team.

• Like 2

We weren't necessarily saying that. We are just stating that since the release of Halo 2, each Halo released after that has degraded in communication and team work vauled players. No one even uses mic's anymore. If they do then they are always in a team chat. I am guilty of that though because team chat allows privacy and focus.

Yeah, I feel you there. Of course most of my Halo 2 experience came from system link with a bunch of people I at least kind of knew, and a few folks I played with all the time. When Halo 3 came around and I lost connection with those folks, the matchmaking did lack that element of common community, and I certainly do see the lack of normal teamwork. Perhaps there should be some kind of system established for war games that puts a number of people in a regular matchmaking room, maybe one of their choosing, so that the same people can meet up and play interchangeably with each other regularly. That community aspect in game has a lot to do with what kind of teams and communications are developed. So in respect to your point, I can totally agree.

Teamwork is gone in all game modes not sure why???

I was on BTB Exile with a tank in a cosy position and a team mate kept sticking plasma grenades to it and then shooting it???? I managed a 29 kill streak before he managed to damage it so badly all it took was for their sniper to hit me once before I was gone..

Very annoying as the opposition were not great and could not get next to near me.

Next round was dominion and here the teams got particaularily annoying.... Myself and 1 other were the only ones capturing bases while our team mates took all the power weapons and camped at the first base we took, inevitably we lost. I even had a look through the medals and hey presto the me and my actual teammate had over 13 base offense medals each while the highest base defense of the rest was a miserable 3. WTF????

Rant over....

• Like 1

Finally found a video accurately documenting kill-times of the 'ranged' rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cknUKURhc

This is troubling. Could someone explain to me the advantage of choosing either the BR or the Carbine?

Many of us have found BTB to have degenerated into a long-distance DMR campfest. As the DMR is superior over long range, and has a kill time lower than any of the others, save for the scoped light rifle, doesn't that constitute it as being slightly overpowered?

The light rifle gives away the user's position with the beam of orange light, and as few walk around permanently scoped in, it doesn't constitute as overpowered in my opinion. However, the DMR consistently preforms better than the BR or Carbine, and I feel, because of the prevalence of its use in BTB, something should be done about this.

It may seem Overpowered, because it is to a degree. But, if you are proficient with the BR you can easily win a fight against a DMR. Now, LONG distance, just run...no need to die if you are facing a DMR with only a BR or something of that nature.

Playing with randoms will almost always lead to this unless you get lucky. I don't use my mic because I play in my living room and with my wife and kid doing stuff it makes it hard to effectively communicate with a team. If you took the time to build a team then it would get rid of your problems.

Yes, this is true. Which is why the True Skill rank needs to become visible SOONER. That is the only way to really stop the "not caring" other than playing with a full team.

I don't think that will get rid of it. Because then you're going to have people who know they won't be able to reach the higher ranks and will care even less about winning then they already do and screw over other people. Then create boost, de-ranking and bought accounts. The return of the "True Skill" ranking system will ruin Halo 4 like it did 3.

I noticed people stopped talking on Halo 4. I see headset symbols, but I don't hear speech! The only people who actually work with you are your friends. Nobody uses voice communication anymore. It's a real drag. I don't think Halo will ever return to its former glory of epic team battles.

just fyi there's a true skill rating system in the background so if you're good, then you'll start playing with and against people who don't or at least infrequently troll.

Personally, I don't come across very many betrayers these days... except for myself. Most recently some guy with full shields hid and let me die just so he could pick up the kill. I then spent the rest of the game trying to throw it. Yep... gotta releave the tension somehow.

Personally, I don't come across very many betrayers these days... except for myself. Most recently some guy with full shields hid and let me die just so he could pick up the kill. I then spent the rest of the game trying to throw it. Yep... gotta releave the tension somehow.

I had this happen yesterday playing Dominion. I just got killed and in the background I see one of my team mates run behind a box and hide till the enemy runs by him so he can get the assassination. I hate having team mates who just go for specific kind of kills or commendations.