Is Master Chief a forerunner?

Jersey Jackhawk

I think the Master Chief is no longer human (as we understand it). I am not sure if anyone mentioned this before...

1. The Librarian biologically modified the Master Chief.

2. The composer was used to burn up all the humans at the station.

3. It looked like the Master Chief was killed...

I think the Composer burned up all of "the human" in him.

Those that believe the unmasked face is normal human are missing an important cue, the music cuts off and a sound effect plays to enhance the viewers gasp.

The music doesn't have anything to do with his appearance, it was just made that way so it would be more dramatic. And the Librarian didn't genetically modify chief, she activated dormant genes in him, Forerunner DNA. And Chief didn't die because the forerunner DNA in him protected him from the composer, so he is still very much human.

No. Humans are a differant species.The Librarian wanted to excellerate the evolution of humans to help them achieve The Mantle and defeat the Didact.The "seeds" she kept from the Didact were a special immunity to the composer that she put in human DNA that she activated while speeding up HUMAN evolution nothing more.The Librarian believes the Forerunners time is up and now it must be passed on.Thats what the librarian did to chief.Its about the Mantle that is the main thing here that the Librarian wants to help with.Humans are called Reclaimers because they are to reclaim the respondsibllity they were meant to have.If you look back The precursors favored humans over forerunners to have the mantle they had in the first place.I don;t know were you're getting Chief has forerunner DNA now it says nothing of the sort.The Librarian explains it clearly.

• Like 1

No. Humans are a differant species.The Librarian wanted to excellerate the evolution of humans to help them achieve The Mantle and defeat the Didact.The "seeds" she kept from the Didact were a special immunity to the composer that she put in human DNA that she activated while speeding up HUMAN evolution nothing more.The Librarian believes the Forerunners time is up and now it must be passed on.Thats what the librarian did to chief.Its about the Mantle that is the main thing here that the Librarian wants to help with.Humans are called Reclaimers because they are to reclaim the respondsibllity they were meant to have.If you look back The precursors favored humans over forerunners to have the mantle they had in the first place.I don;t know were you're getting Chief has forerunner DNA now it says nothing of the sort.The Librarian explains it clearly.

No, she accelarated the process of the Didacts Gaeas in John awakening because you hear the Didact speak with John in his mind, and that is what a Gaea does.

No, she accelarated the process of the Didacts Gaeas in John awakening because you hear the Didact speak with John in his mind, and that is what a Gaea does.

Yes it is included in the evolution of mankind in which i ws speaking...thats what i meant.I didnt use the term gaeas because it wasnt used in the game and did not want to confuse anyone who does not read the novels or wiki.

Yes it is included in the evolution of mankind in which i ws speaking...thats what i meant.I didnt use the term gaeas because it wasnt used in the game and did not want to confuse anyone who does not read the novels or wiki.

So she gave him forerunner DNA to make him advance as a human.

• 5 weeks later...

Master Chief was not given Forerunner DNA, his human DNA evolution was sped up.

The Librarian said that she hid seeds of growth in humanity and that both Chief and Cortana, even Chiefs MJOLNIR armor.

I think that the easiest was of putting it is that he is more evolved than any other human in the galaxy.

Actually in the cutscenes with the librarian, she states that she added forerunner DNA in him. So yes, he is part forerunner. She also stated that speeding up the evolution process was for the forerunner DNA in him. Which is why his face looked similar to a forerunner's face. He had a bridge because he was in the early stages of the evolution of becoming forerunner.

Actually in the cutscenes with the librarian, she states that she added forerunner DNA in him. So yes, he is part forerunner. She also stated that speeding up the evolution process was for the forerunner DNA in him. Which is why his face looked similar to a forerunner's face. He had a bridge because he was in the early stages of the evolution of becoming forerunner.

The Librarian never states she "added forerunner DNA" in him. This is utterly not true by any means.

MC is a human who evolved (as a human) via the Librarian unlocking dormant "seeds" she added in him which would, most certainly, be a geas. This geas, more than likely, has a connection with the Didact and the proof is him hearing the Didacts thoughts as the game progresses. One could say the Didact was directly speaking to him through his mind, but it is quite clear this is simply another Chakas/Lord of Admirals type scenario.

The Librarian does state in a cinematic that "humans DNA could have surpassed our own" (speaking to the Didact after ancient humanity was devolved). This clearly shows that humanity has the DNA structure to become something much, much more than they were (even for Ancient Humanity which was very advanced) and the Librarian more than likely just unlocked this DNA sequence.

People need to stop claiming the MC at the end of Legendary H4 "looks Forerunner", it's simply stupid as there is nothing about that short glimpse that looks anything like the Forerunners we have seen.

MC is a man, a human man, an evolved human man as a Spartan, an even more evolved Spartan human man now based on what the Librarian "unlocked". It is just that simple.

The Librarian never states she "added forerunner DNA" in him. This is utterly not true by any means.

MC is a human who evolved (as a human) via the Librarian unlocking dormant "seeds" she added in him which would, most certainly, be a geas. This geas, more than likely, has a connection with the Didact and the proof is him hearing the Didacts thoughts as the game progresses. One could say the Didact was directly speaking to him through his mind, but it is quite clear this is simply another Chakas/Lord of Admirals type scenario.

The Librarian does state in a cinematic that "humans DNA could have surpassed our own" (speaking to the Didact after ancient humanity was devolved). This clearly shows that humanity has the DNA structure to become something much, much more than they were (even for Ancient Humanity which was very advanced) and the Librarian more than likely just unlocked this DNA sequence.

People need to stop claiming the MC at the end of Legendary H4 "looks Forerunner", it's simply stupid as there is nothing about that short glimpse that looks anything like the Forerunners we have seen.

MC is a man, a human man, an evolved human man as a Spartan, an even more evolved Spartan human man now based on what the Librarian "unlocked". It is just that simple.

Exactly

"You are forerunner ! But this ring.. is MINE" 343 guilty spark talking to master chief.

Exact quote

"Unacceptable! Unacceptable! That is absolutely unacceptable! Protocol dictates action! I see now that helping you was wrong! You are a child of my makers, inheritors of all they left behind. You are Forerunner, but this ring... is mine!"

Forgot all about this line from halo 3, thanks for jogging my memory

But it does give credit to the MC is Forerunner theory

I respect your theory and you clearly give some good evidence to support this. I think you may be on to something. I was thinking a little while ago about how Dr. Halsey may have gotten her hands on some forerunner DNA and used it on John. But to me my theory seems quite absurd. Don't call me out on it, I was just thinking a bit too in depth about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Call me crazy but heres my theory. Ive just noticed a few things that seem to be overlooked.. the most prevalent being that at the end, cortana touched him... so wouldnt it be safe to say maybe the librarian figured out what the didac couldnt and digitized chief? I mean really how else did he survive the blast? Not to mention that you basically spent the whole game fighting failed attemps of digitized humans maybe chief was the success?

Call me crazy but heres my theory. Ive just noticed a few things that seem to be overlooked.. the most prevalent being that at the end, cortana touched him... so wouldnt it be safe to say maybe the librarian figured out what the didac couldnt and digitized chief? I mean really how else did he survive the blast? Not to mention that you basically spent the whole game fighting failed attemps of digitized humans maybe chief was the success?

From my understanding Cortana created a pocket of space outside of regular space 3 (normal space) which allowed him to survive such a blast. Kind of like where Halsey went in Ghosts of Onyx. Technically he was still in the room, but yet he wasnt.

As to her touching him I think its more of the Composer turning her into flesh and blood... but thats just my idea.

Theres nothing different about his history. He was still engineered by halsey, he was still human but at the point where the librarian "does something" to hime that is the point where he is no longer and organic being but a digital being in the same way as the knights. ... just a more successful transfer where he retained all his consciousness unlike the knights of the didac. And why would the composr turn her to flesh and blood when he apparently spent his whole life attempt ing to turn organic life into digital life not the other way around.

I haven't read beyond the first page yet, so I apologize for any repeat in information/theories.

There was a sort of brevet mutation that happened with the Chief, however since he is not Forerunner his outward appearance did not change. At least not as drastically as when Forerunners would undergo such a mutation. John's was an internal change. A change specifically to his DNA that would allow him to survive an encounter with the Composer. He is still very much Human. Albeit a much more evolved Human.

The Ur-Didact(Original) wasn't killed. He just went missing if I remember correctly. The Bornstellar Didact was the one that fired the Halo Array, but sometime before that the Librarian locked the Ur-Didact away in that Cryptum for his obsession with using the Composer as a means to fight the Flood.

You are partially correct. The Librarian planted "seeds" in the cataloged Human's genetics. These "seeds" were the sole reason that John AND Dr. Halsey would come to exist. I imagine the same was for the other spartans as well since they all had special genes also. I don't believe the "seeds" were like the Geas' that Chakas had. Mostly because Chakas' was given the spirit of the Lord of Admirals and the code for the Ur-Didact's Cryptum. John never really had any similar experiences like that. Not until his pseudo-brevet mutation anyways. Dr. Halsey, however, did have some odd things happen. she was able to understand some Forerunner Glyphs even though she had no previous knowledge on them. And she's the only one to have made an A.I. from a living person, herself. In short I would only consider Dr. Halsey to have a Geas, while John had dormant genes.

To get back to the original point, Master Chief is still Human. He just has some new genetic bits.

look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dqtgkSWeQ look when he gets scanned you can see his skeleton, looks like a human, also you can see him as a child between 0:27 and 0:50 aswell in the very beginning of the halo 4 campaign. to me he looks like a human, but then again I have also heard that he might be a forerunner, maybe he have old forerunner relatives or something?