Season #2 SURVIVOR Halo Style "Q and A" Thread

Absolute Dog

Season #2 SURVIVOR Halo Style "Q and A" Thread

This is where you can place any questions you may have about SURVIVOR Halo Style Season #2

All members who have signed up must attend tryouts beginning February 9th @ 5:00 PM EST and on the following Saturday February 16th @ 5:00 PM EST

Last season of Survivor, teamwork went from good to downright pitiful for some teams; this includes obvious exceptions of a "bad day". Can a team elect a "Captain" to lead (just to lead in game, no more)? It is far easier to work as a team with a Captain/Commander/General. Organisation wise, if five people are stating "Hear me!" instead of one, there's a bit of confusion and everything turns into a mess.

• Like 1

If a team challenge is brought up, are the contestants allowed to choose their teammates? If so, do the teammates have to be derived from 343iCF, or can they be people the contestant has on their friends-list but is not signed up on 343iCF.

Thanks,

-Inversion

• Like 1

Last season of Survivor, teamwork went from good to downright pitiful for some teams; this includes obvious exceptions of a "bad day". Can a team elect a "Captain" to lead (just to lead in game, no more)? It is far easier to work as a team with a Captain/Commander/General. Organisation wise, if five people are stating "Hear me!" instead of one, there's a bit of confusion and everything turns into a mess.

Absolutely. Teams can manage themselves in whatever manner it chooses to go. Where no team captain was chosen by the host did not mean the teams could not find one for themselves.

What kind of timeframe commitment are we talking about with this? I have nursing school as well as other things to do during my weekends. Plus I participate in the playdates (which typically run on Saturdays) so my time is fairly limited.

As stated in the sign up thread, "Challenges for SURVIVOR Halo Style take place on Saturdays beginning at either 4:00 or 5:00 PM EST depending on the qualified members time zones. We do our best to keep the time of the challenges in the best interest of all participants."

If a team challenge is brought up, are the contestants allowed to choose their teammates? If so, do the teammates have to be derived from 343iCF, or can they be people the contestant has on their friends-list but is not signed up on 343iCF.

Thanks,

-Inversion

All contestants have to be members and pass the tryouts for the contest. Last season some members signed up only to never show up. The tryouts will whittle non players out.

Contestants are formed into teams and the teams compete against each other in a series of challenges. The teams, maybe 4 to 6 in the beginning are whittled down into two by a series of party councils were the loosing team of each event is forced to vote off a member of their own team. In the end the final six members are competing against each other and the final two are left standing. Members voted out from a specific point in the contest become the jury that votes a winner out of the final two.

How long does this go for approximately?

The time this could go for depends on how many people sign up.

As AD said, participants will be voted out by their team if their team loses, the more participants, which could result in more than 4-6 teams, which means that more challenges will be needed to whittle the participants down to the final 6.

The last Survivor went for so long because of constant interuptions, whether it was maps not working properly, game types not functioning or not saving, hosts not being available, etc.

Not sure if AD mentioned this, but pretty sure for this season there are multiple hosts so there will be no cancelled challenges.

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 4

Hey, unfortunately I had a few things pop up that have to be taken care of this Saturday during the try-outs time period, which means I wont b able to make the try-outs. Do you think you can test me when I get back? I would really love to join.

Part of the tryouts point is showing up when scheduled.