Views on BR 5 shot kill?

ZeoKz

You talk about giving bad players a chance like it's a good thing. If it bothers you why not just get better? Your whole argument is "I'm no good at this game, so I want 343 to make a game with no skill gap." Such a philosophical divide here.

You read comments and make conclusions that are degrading to others and in no way reflect what I said.

I said, if I got shot first in a BR battle in Halo 3, I lost. In Reach, I had a chance due to another bullet being needed. And the gun didn't kill in less than two seconds. The BR was simply too powerful and fast. THAT is what I said.

Now, it is best not to insult others here. Be careful about that. I could say many things based on your comment, but I will not. The mods here don't want nor tolerate flame wars and neither do I. Have a good day.

• Like 4

You read comments and make conclusions that are degrading to others and in no way reflect what I said.

I said, if I got shot first in a BR battle in Halo 3, I lost. In Reach, I had a chance due to another bullet being needed. And the gun didn't kill in less than two seconds. The BR was simply too powerful and fast. THAT is what I said.

Now, it is best not to insult others here. Be careful about that. I could say many things based on your comment, but I will not. The mods here don't want nor tolerate flame wars and neither do I. Have a good day.

Totally agree with both your statements. The BR was way too powerful in Halo 3, so it only makes sense to level the playing field so DMR users have a chance in a battle....

• Like 1

Totally agree with both your statements. The BR was way too powerful in Halo 3, so it only makes sense to level the playing field so DMR users have a chance in a battle....

Thank you! See, in Halo 3, the BR was all powerful and experts owned at all ranges. In Halo 4, it has it's "certain" range. Therefore, it isn't all powerful, but within range, experts can still feel godly.
  • Like 1

Well one thing we all need to consider is the fact that Halo 4 is supposed to be sped up to at least Halo 3 speed, which is still slow if you ever played Halo 2. Anyway, I believe if they really want to speed it up then make the BR 4 shot kill but have some (predictable) spread so that good players can honestly trace the bullets and figure out where to make the shots count, whereas newer players or players that just know to try to get the 4 shot will have a harder time. Also, having a spread will make the gun more balanced so that really good players will not get that 4 shot everytime.

• 4 months later...

I'm reviving a "dead" post to confirm that the BR is indeed 5 shots.

After being killed several times by DMR users I was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong since I couldn't impact the 4 shot kill. Then I came across this forum and tried it out myself at forge.

This is bad. I'm switching to the DMR from now on. I liked the BR because it made you better at aiming. But "leveling" it up to the DMR has made it useless.

Why would I want a weapon which has SHORTER range and is SLOWER?

Is there a way that 343i can "fix" this on a future update?

I'd like to see the BR become a 4 shot kill on the last shot of the 4th burst. That way it'd still be around a 5 shot kill at range, a 4 shot kill up close. The only issue I see with that is trying to balance the new and improved BR with the Carbine and automatic weapons up close.

Remember this if you read this comment, this is my opinion about the BR you may have the opposite. :P

I think its good that the BR is now a 5 shot kill. Why? well look at halo 3. The BR is good at any ranges, from cqb to long range, because it is a 4 shot kill and doesnt really have any spread. And thats why people use it so much in halo 3. And its also really easy to find, you either spawn with it or you find it just around the corner. So i can see why many people likes it. But those who use it constantly, have you ever tried using a other weapon against a BR player, like plasma rifles or spikers, for example? Well if you really measure with these weapons against the BR they will ofcourse win, but in battle you almost always loose. So this is why i think its good that the BR is now a 5 shot weapon.

And for those who thinks it should be a 4 shot rifle, then 343 should have to make every other weapon more powerful too, this is called balancing weapons, which halo 3 wasnt so good at...

Yes i have posted a similar comment on the other BR topic, I am sorry about that.

I have used the spiker and the plasma rifle and the assault rifle and the brute shot and the smg and the noob combo and all of the other halo 3 weapons and was successful vs. a player better worse or = to me in the correct surcumstances. Sorry for you grammar nazis that this was 1 sentence. EDIT: O yah and I've spammed the carbine vs. BR players.

Here's my opinion:

Even in Halo 3, when the BR was a 4 shot, is really wasn't an incredibly common occurance. For a steady 4 shot conversion, you either had to be very good or have the drop on your opponent. There wasn't always a 100% chance you'd land all 3 bullets, resulting in a lot of 5 shots in gun battles.

Now in Halo 4, you have a BR that is again not guaranteed to land all 3 bullets per shot, but also takes an extra shot to down an enemy in a straight gun battle in a longer kill time than that of the also 5 shot DMR.

Therefore, once you put the DMR 1 bullet landing = BR 3 bullets landing, since the majority of the time not all 3 bullets will land each time, obviously the BR will always come up short

So, I say go ahead and make the BR a 4 shot again, leave the fire rate as is, and just see what happens. If it does end up giving it a huge advantage over the other weapons, then explore other options

• Like 1

Here's my opinion:

Even in Halo 3, when the BR was a 4 shot, is really wasn't an incredibly common occurance. For a steady 4 shot conversion, you either had to be very good or have the drop on your opponent. There wasn't always a 100% chance you'd land all 3 bullets, resulting in a lot of 5 shots in gun battles.

Now in Halo 4, you have a BR that is again not guaranteed to land all 3 bullets per shot, but also takes an extra shot to down an enemy in a straight gun battle in a longer kill time than that of the also 5 shot DMR.

Therefore, once you put the DMR 1 bullet landing = BR 3 bullets landing, since the majority of the time not all 3 bullets will land each time, obviously the BR will always come up short

So, I say go ahead and make the BR a 4 shot again, leave the fire rate as is, and just see what happens. If it does end up giving it a huge advantage over the other weapons, then explore other options

This. Agreed and good thinking. although the dmr would have one more shot required then, it still has a greater range than the br. it would be alittle more balanced, and I think that would be fair.

The BR should be 4-shot and here is why:

The DMR and the BR are 5-shot kills and yet they claim that the BR is better for close range and the DMR is better at long range, but the DMR is actually better at close and long range because it has a faster firing rate. There are some people who claim that how it is balanced because it is easier to use the BR at close range which is somewhat true. The only problem with this is that the DMR is gonna win against the BR every time even if both players never miss. The BR should be a 4-shot to balance this up close (being that the 3 bullet from the 4th shot kills the opponent if they hit them in the head). Without the BR being a 4-shot kill, there is no reason to use the BR unless you suck at aiming because you will always do better with the DMR if you can actually hit your target. And with the recoil of the BR it is terrible at long range and would already be somewhat tough to get the 4-shot kill even at close range so it would not be OP by any means, it would just have a reason.