Do you like the new additions to H4???

SatanicBagels

The way I see it I'm fine with having to unlock certain items, unless there's a huge difference in the quality of the weapons that you start out with and the ones you get last.

For example, If the shotgun or rocket launcher was a weapon that could be unlocked and put into create-a-class then I wouldn't even buy the game. But if its like magnum, AR, BR, DMR, then I'm fine with it.

Sounds just like how CoD works

please stop commenting if the comments don't serve to help anything.

• Like 4

The way I see it I'm fine with having to unlock certain items, unless there's a huge difference in the quality of the weapons that you start out with and the ones you get last.

For example, If the shotgun or rocket launcher was a weapon that could be unlocked and put into create-a-class then I wouldn't even buy the game. But if its like magnum, AR, BR, DMR, then I'm fine with it.

please stop commenting if the comments don't serve to help anything.

you cant spawn with power weapons.

i dont under

I really enjoy where the game is going. They have brought in some new additions never used before in halo matchmaking, such as: Custom loadouts, armor and weapon skins, brand new ranking system, et cetera. People fail to see the positive side of all of these, and automatically come to the conclusion that 'halo is turning into cod, stop copying everything!'. This is untrue by all means. First off, cod is certainly not the only other game with these additions, so why compare to them, I do not know. Secondly, halo absolutely must change to grow. This is precisely what has kept halo alive the past 10 years: Changing and adding additions to the game, for a brand new feel and unique gaming experience, while still keeping the game, halo.

I have 100% faith in 343 for keeping the halo series alive.

-Bullet

PLEASE tell me what has changed in the past 10 years previously before reach the people on the forum who like the classic feel of halo feel that reach took ideas from other FPS and threw them in the game and slapped the name halo on it for the people who bought halo for its classic feel and not for its name we felt like it the transition we never wanted and didnt need. Reach has been out for 2 years and yet Halo 3 had more people on it its 2nd year because of its gameplay. Also COD, Battlefield, Gears of war, Reach all have sprint.(When previous Halo did not have or need them) COD and Battlefield(The two biggest FPS ) both have Perks and unlockable weapons which is now coming to H4s sandbox and why are they adding it to Halo ? Some say to keep it up to date or to change it so it wont get boring but in reality its to make sure those who have played those games and liked them will play Halo more and maybe like it more becuz it has these new additions thus increasing sales.

Which is unneeded because Halo was ORIGINAL and never had or needed to take from any other game. yes its nice to have new additions to the gameplay but adding ideas that i found made the game easier and tiresome more than adding replay value to the game is where the stops becoming Halo for me and just a false label.

i dont under

PLEASE tell me what has changed in the past 10 years previously before reach the people on the forum who like the classic feel of halo feel that reach took ideas from other FPS and threw them in the game and slapped the name halo on it for the people who bought halo for its classic feel and not for its name we felt like it the transition we never wanted and didnt need. Reach has been out for 2 years and yet Halo 3 had more people on it its 2nd year because of its gameplay. Also COD, Battlefield, Gears of war, Reach all have sprint.(When previous Halo did not have or need them) COD and Battlefield(The two biggest FPS ) both have Perks and unlockable weapons which is now coming to H4s sandbox and why are they adding it to Halo ? Some say to keep it up to date or to change it so it wont get boring but in reality its to make sure those who have played those games and liked them will play Halo more and maybe like it more becuz it has these new additions thus increasing sales.

Which is unneeded because Halo was ORIGINAL and never had or needed to take from any other game. yes its nice to have new additions to the gameplay but adding ideas that i found made the game easier and tiresome more than adding replay value to the game is where the stops becoming Halo for me and just a false label.

it has nothing to do with the new ideas it had to do with the way they were executed im sorry but reach was the most halfassed halo ever. 343 seems to be trying to make things bore balanced give them and the new ideas a chance just because jetpack was in reach doesnt mean its going to work the same way in halo 4.
  • Like 2

i dont under

Yeah, it's kinda selling out but it's probably because the new people/company working in the game are pushing their opinions forward.

it has nothing to do with the new ideas it had to do with the way they were executed im sorry but reach was the most halfassed halo ever. 343 seems to be trying to make things bore balanced give them and the new ideas a chance just because jetpack was in reach doesnt mean its going to work the same way in halo 4.

I'll agree with that lol.

But just out of curiosity how else could they use the jetpack.

• Like 4

Yeah, it's kinda selling out but it's probably because the new people/company working in the game are pushing their opinions forward.

No, you guys are pushing your opinions forward. 343i is working with facts...they are playing the game, testing the game, and creating the game so they know if it does or doesn't feel like Halo or not. YOU and every other whiner on this forum are going off little snippets you read in magazine which means absolute nothing. You have not played the game, touched the box art, or even seen it being played in real life so who are you to say what the game is or isn't. You guys are silly and take Halo entirely too seriously for one. Secondly, you come to conclusions without anything to substantiate them. Until you sit down and get Halo 4 in your hands and play it you can't say a darn thing about how its mechanics do and don't work. What y'all really should do is go outside and experience the gorgeous landscape the grand architect has created for us. Gorgeous green trees contrasting against luscious blue skies...let the wind blow through your hair a bit...it's really an amazing thing.

• Like 2

No, you guys are pushing your opinions forward. 343i is working with facts...they are playing the game, testing the game, and creating the game so they know if it does or doesn't feel like Halo or not. YOU and every other whiner on this forum are going off little snippets you read in magazine which means absolute nothing. You have not played the game, touched the box art, or even seen it being played in real life so who are you to say what the game is or isn't. You guys are silly and take Halo entirely too seriously for one. Secondly, you come to conclusions without anything to substantiate them. Until you sit down and get Halo 4 in your hands and play it you can't say a darn thing about how its mechanics do and don't work. What y'all really should do is go outside and experience the gorgeous landscape the grand architect has created for us. Gorgeous green trees contrasting against luscious blue skies...let the wind blow through your hair a bit...it's really an amazing thing.

The reason 343 are changing Halo massively, is the fact that just about all of them have come from different games and that's why Halo 4 is implementing features from other games.

The reason 343 are changing Halo massively, is the fact that just about all of them have come from different games and that's why Halo 4 is implementing features from other games.

Well actually about half the dev team is former Bungie employees that helped to produce the original 3 Halo games. Including the development team lead Frank O'connor.

• Like 4

There really just needs to be two seperate parts to the multiplayer old school traditional style that plays almost exactly like halo 2 and 3 did just with new graphics and the old ranking structure and a seperate mode that has all this new stuff in it, because people are never going to agree, and your gonna piss somebody off by changing the game or not changing the game.. so this way everybody wins

Me being someone who hates these new ideas i really hope they put in something like this

It'd take a lot of support which they probably don't have the resources to do. Though the ranking system is a mix of new and old so by default, everyone wins anyway.

Hopefully it will be better than the ranking structure in previous Halo games.

I couldn't stand another crappy Halo 2 rank system.

• Like 4

Hopefully it will be better than the ranking structure in previous Halo games.

I couldn't stand another crappy Halo 2 rank system.

your like one of the only person on here that agrees how stupid halo 2 and 3s ranking system was i new level 23s who were bette then level 40s. as for the question about jetpack. well its being called a thruster pack which i think means its a jetpack but not as strong in reach you could fly up outside of the map the jetpack so OP i think there making it more like double your jump hight so you have a little hight advantage the thing with reach armor abuilitys was how unbalanced they were 343 described it as 2 rocks 4 paper and that there trying to make it more like rock paper scissors everything should cancel each other out.

your like one of the only person on here that agrees how stupid halo 2 and 3s ranking system was i new level 23s who were bette then level 40s. as for the question about jetpack. well its being called a thruster pack which i think means its a jetpack but not as strong in reach you could fly up outside of the map the jetpack so OP i think there making it more like double your jump hight so you have a little hight advantage the thing with reach armor abuilitys was how unbalanced they were 343 described it as 2 rocks 4 paper and that there trying to make it more like rock paper scissors everything should cancel each other out.

Oh yeah that thruster pack idea sounds perfect. The Reach jetpack was stupidly powerful.

• Like 4

NOOOO! They better not mess with my jetpack! It was great, I mean, you made yourself known while up there and were vulnerable. I think it was balanced since you got maybe 10 seconds of good airtime at the most. And maneuverability was hindered as well.

It'd be cool if there was a full powered jetpack but you had to pick it up (like in MLG) and it was placed in a highly risky position in the middle area of the map. Giving players a full powered jetpack from the get go made even less sense than armor lock to me.

• Like 4

Sounds just like how CoD works

Luke, no-one likes you and your pathetic banter. Nobody really cares if you dislike the way Halo 4 is looking. It's going to be better than any Cod, they always have been. It's going to be like that, end of story.

Take your tiresome complaints elsewhere and go and bore them.

I don't like the idea of infintie Sprint in matchmaking (Someone with a sword would be a real annoyance, as if they weren't enough in Reach.)

The skins/armour look cool, but they are definitely outside the traditional Halo theme / style. Many of the helmets lack the good ol' orange visor and are replaced with weird visors. The armour (i.e Venator / Raptor) itself look like something that came out of some anime. Final conclusion is I approve of the armour and skins. I reserved mine at gamestop before the skins were announced, so I have to get the camo skin code. I'm sure all of the skins will be available to us eventually though, so no matter. My personal favorite one is the Oceanic / Circut skin.

Wrap Around looks like a promising level that does keep that Halo look from the first three installments.

Everything else looks pretty good.

I really hope they improve ragdoll physics too.

I don't like the idea of infintie Sprint in matchmaking (Someone with a sword would be a real annoyance, as if they weren't enough in Reach.)

I agree that unlimited sprint would be a bad thing, but on your second point about the guy with a sword and sprinting, it's already been stated that if you're shot while sprinting you will slow down. It's not going to be like Reach's, that even if shot you keep running at full speed. This is a plus, but I hope that it's not unlimited.

The skins/armour look cool, but they are definitely outside the traditional Halo theme / style. Many of the helmets lack the good ol' orange visor and are replaced with weird visors. The armour (i.e Venator / Raptor) itself look like something that came out of some anime. Final conclusion is I approve of the armour and skins. I reserved mine at gamestop before the skins were announced, so I have to get the camo skin code. I'm sure all of the skins will be available to us eventually though, so no matter. My personal favorite one is the Oceanic / Circut skin.

Wrap Around looks like a promising level that does keep that Halo look from the first three installments.

Everything else looks pretty good.

I really hope they improve ragdoll physics too.

Ya the helmets are certainly evolving in a different direction. Have you seen the Deadeye helmet?

Also, with all these cool armor skins (which I also approve of), wouldn't it be cool if they made a patriotic american theme. with stars and stripes and all. It would be the only armor skin that I ever used.

• Like 4