The Chief from Halo CEA not playable in MM

If there is already an OP on this, let me know. Let's keep things separate. We are being given Halo CE Anniversary as a gift from 343 Ind. The maps to be played in Reach are a gift and will be played with your current Noble 6 player. The Chief was never here, did not exist. I see some tend to think he will be playable. I would never want this and remember he is larger that the regular troop in full armor, similar size of an Elite in all prior games.

Any opinions on this?

Sounds reasonable, if the maps are played on the REACH MP system, then how could anyone come to a logical conclusion that they would be able to play as Master Chief? BTW, does it even really matter? I never looked at any of the other Halo titles MP as being the MC, I mean, everyone was the MC...there were some tweaks to the armor, but still...

Sounds reasonable, if the maps are played on the REACH MP system, then how could anyone come to a logical conclusion that they would be able to play as Master Chief? BTW, does it even really matter? I never looked at any of the other Halo titles MP as being the MC, I mean, everyone was the MC...there were some tweaks to the armor, but still...

Exactly! When we played as the Chief, we were all the MC. In Reach all play a Noble 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that a Spartan 2 (Chief and George) are bigger, more powerful, stronger and have better armer that Spartan 3(the rest of Noble team). So it would be unfair to put Chief against Noble, this means that they will either change all the characters or leave them as Noble 6.

But 343 said they were making a CEA playlist so mabey like elite slayer when it automaticly changes you reach spartan to your elite you could have another armor selecton to make a custom HALO Classic were you play as a MK V spartan II and the only thing you can customise is color, the only time you could use the MK V Spartan II armor is in the CEA playlist or in custom games (because then it is their choice and its not for online stats. So its at their own expense then)

Well actually, in the Book, Fall of Reach, John was there on the Planet, you can actually see him in the cryotube if you beat the game on legendary on the last mission, anyways, it'd be cool to play as him again, though.

you can see him in the cryo tube at the end on any difficulty, just hold right

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry OP, I disagree. If you wan't to play as Master Chief then change your armor to MK.V or MK.VI the extra foot or 2 won't make that much of a difference and as for the more powerful armor and what not - Everyone's gotta be equal to be fair right? But it would be nice in say an Classic Invasion? ;) Even though Invasion is quite the opposite of classic.

I would like the MC helmet as an option to achieve the MC look but I mean even in H3 we had all kinds of helmet options so I wouldn't say we were all playing as MC. Reach the ability to control the look of our Spartans a little more. I am not complaining. I like being able to customize t.