halo 4, the crawler and the watcher what are these?

Adam91

Not to draw away from the main topic but there are other interesting things on the back that no one, to my knowledge, has touched on.

1. Spartan Warrior vs. Spartan Soldier

Since the flash blocks out the Spartan Warrior I can't 100% say that the two are different but it is interesting that the Spartans have different names. This may also suggest that the armor you wear has an effect on what your Spartan is called maybe which would make sense because 343i is all about customizing the loadouts/classes system. Just pure speculation though.

2. Spartan Soldier's Helmet

May just be the color of the Spartan Soldier's Helmet and the background of the back of the figure clashing but I think that's a Helmet we've never seen before. I could be wrong though.

Once again, sorry from straying from the main topic, just really wanted to get my ideas out there. :D

Not to draw away from the main topic but there are other interesting things on the back that no one, to my knowledge, has touched on.

1. Spartan Warrior vs. Spartan Soldier

Since the flash blocks out the Spartan Warrior I can't 100% say that the two are different but it is interesting that the Spartans have different names. This may also suggest that the armor you wear has an effect on what your Spartan is called maybe which would make sense because 343i is all about customizing the loadouts/classes system. Just pure speculation though.

2. Spartan Soldier's Helmet

May just be the color of the Spartan Soldier's Helmet and the background of the back of the figure clashing but I think that's a Helmet we've never seen before. I could be wrong though.

Once again, sorry from straying from the main topic, just really wanted to get my ideas out there. :D

you should go post this as a new topic so we can discuss it more :)

Crawlers. Taking the idea from crawlers from zombies in Cod. Nice work 343...

yes call of duty invented the hell hound. who knows mabye they also invented the tank, gun, missle and everything else cod fans claim activision has patents on. . . .

I think that the center of the watcher looks like a monitor... I think it's forerunner because: Monitor looking center + Sentinel body shape + the name watcher i'm guessing describes the sentinel's purpose (similarly to the sentinel enforcer).

Some thoughts on the crawler: It's anatomy seems strange as its name and posture suggest it runs on all four but somethings suggest it not being on all 4 such as no tail, I think the arms and leg lengths seem odd, and the most odd thing is that the arms can bend forward (think about this one can a dog, zebra, etc bend their arms in two directions...). Also, it's muscles suggest it probably isn't mechanical and it doesn't seem like any flood. I'm pretty excited to see what this one turns out to be if it's real!

I just finished reading the book Halo:Cryptum, and I'm pretty sure that the "watchers" are a forerunner single occupant vehicle called "War Sphinxes". They were used on the ground and in space, and were also used for a very long time. They can also be piloted by forerunner AI/Autopilot. They were called "war sphinxes" in the book because they would remind a human of the Sphinx. Not sure what the other thing is, maybe something like an engineer

post-24602-0-69907900-1337202415_thumb.jpg