Forge needs to be a full fledged map editor, Multiplayer better be innovative!

Does anyone feel like Halo Reach does not have much map variety? Forge is fun but it gets a little repetitive. All the maps are either that blocky style or some altered terrain with those block structures. I think they need to make a full fledged map editor but if they are unable to do that, at least add some new terrain!

Desert, Snowlands, Mars Red Planet Style, Dark Wasteland, Swamps. Tropical Island terrain, Grasslands.

It needs more variety. The map voting needs to be re-worked to, instead of having a couple maps to vote for, they should just have a list of all the maps for that game mode so there will be no "none of the above" and the need to start another voting session.

Also hope they have a Huge Team battle, 16 vs 16 on dedicated servers. They also need a 1vs1 mode and something truly different. But I fear this game will not be innovative at all, the only new distinct feature will be Spartan Ops. They better at least change Forge!

They should also have a Forge Playlist where you only play Custom maps that people have already made and uploaded.

Just look at Farcry 2, they had an amazing map editor.

'Aye, Farcry 2 had an amazing map editor it did! Forge, only thing I can think of that 343 may actually do is put in different types of sky boxes or have daytime/nighttime settings. Or may have it so it's day time and 4 minutes intot he match it's dusk, then 6 minutes it's night etc.

I disagree about having all the maps to choose from.

If you have a full team they could just keep voting on the same map if they wanted. Probley eventually another team would out vote them, but it would just get old.

I like the map system how it is now, besides how they need to add more maps and what not in certain playlists.

A full blown map editor would be awesome, I just don't know how feasible it is on the 360, or how well it would work.

As for all maps being available to choose from? Like rentless said, a whole team could vote for the same map over and over to get it every time. Granted, a full team even now generally has the choice of what map they want from the choices, as long as they're not facing another full team.

• 3 weeks later...

Forge world is good is enough the combinations are infinity but if you can have more money other weathers a planice ad mountines or other things it can be great and well yes i see the Far cry 2 map editor and well that would be great. i also want another forge because i like to make videos of halo in forge anf well that would be a great material just take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

I like the Halo 3 map choice system where you can veto and it takes more than 50% of the party to give another choice. Not much on the Reach map choice system because the top map always wins if half the voters vote for it! I would enjoy a 1v1 playlist but host plays too big of a role in 1v1's in my opinion.

I think 343 will get it right with the map choice system and I also think they'll be great with forge. The Reach maps were a huge disappointment (along with other aspects of the game) and everybody knows it.

It looks like 343 wants this to be the most highly customizable and personal Halo experience ever so there's no reason why they wouldn't apply the same principles to forge.