Same party but different teams

General PWNFACE

So this hasn't happened to me in a while, but once in a blue moon when I play Reach when I'm in a party with a single friend, the game will put us on opposite teams, and while watching someones live stream on Twitch.tv tonight it happened to them, exactly how does this happen?

Not quite sure, but i also don't like the fact that you can party up with more than 4 people and go play team slayer or something related to that.

It's not quite far, because sometime one of their party members can just suicide, or find another way to just make you lose to benefit there partys team.

Maybe calling my team out, and where to go to kill me, etc.

They should defiantly keep it to the max amount of team members.

But in your case, sorry I went off discussion really lol.

That sucks, and its never happen to me yet, but i'm sure its going to happen eventually.

• Like 3

Not quite sure, but i also don't like the fact that you can party up with more than 4 people and go play team slayer or something related to that.

It's not quite far, because sometime one of their party members can just suicide, or find another way to just make you lose to benefit there partys team.

Maybe calling my team out, and where to go to kill me, etc.

They should defiantly keep it to the max amount of team members.

But in your case, sorry I went off discussion really lol.

That sucks, and its never happen to me yet, but i'm sure its going to happen eventually.

I completely agree with you on the party greater than the team size, its bs when you get teamed up with a team of 5 or 6 and the one's that end up on your team end up lowering your shields, suiciding or TK'ing the enite match, it really sucks.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it happening to you, it's only happened to me twice, and when I was watching the stream they said it was the first time that had EVER happened to them, and they are an Inheritor rank

As far as I knew, you're actually not supposed to be able to end up on different teams, at all. Maybe it only happens if there's an awkward number of players partied up or something? Like in a 4v4 gametype, you get two parties of three and a party of two.

Other than that, I can't see how this happens. Might be worth asking Twinreaper, he knows his stuff as far as multiplayer coding is concerned.

The only time I've ever seen a party split is when they have more in the party than the team can handle. 5 players in Team Slayer? One of the party is on the opposite team. 4 players in Multi-Team? 1 player is on a different team. I've never had a party of 3 split in any Halo game.

Now, as for not allowing parties with more players in them than is allowed on a team, certain playlists already have that feature, while other's don't. There are times when we get a group of 8 together and play. Most of the time we do BTB, but occasionally we want to kill each other, and Team Slayer (or a custom game) allows us to do that. We prefer going through matchmaking because it doesn't force somebody to choose the map and game type, let the whole group decide based on what matchmaking wants to give us.

Long story short, I do have a problem with people going into a playlist like Team Slayer with 5-7 members in a party, but not 8. If you have enough to make two full teams, then by all means, allow matchmaking to continue allowing giant parties like that, but if you have more than one team allows, but not enough to fill two teams, don't allow it.

Never had that happen with three people before. I take some of my clan to SWAT matches and one of us ends up on another team, but we are decent people and don't try to sabotage the other team. In my experience playing (in a group or single) I've never had an extra from the other party try to damage the team he got stuck on.

• 1 month later...