What Do YOU Like Most About Halo?

deus_ex_machina

For me personally, the one thing about Halo that has always fascinated me is the mystery behind the environments (the Halos, Forerunner structures, etc.) and the notion that we know absolutely nothing about the universe or the secrets it holds, and, of course, finding said secrets.

The last part really intrigues me because it's very much relevant to everyone everywhere. We can't even be sure of our own history. A few years ago, most anthropologists and archaeologists would have told you that civilization as we know it is only approx. 2000 to 5000 years old. However, recent archaeological finds place civilization as being significantly older, with some sites being 10,000, 15,000 and even over 30,000 years old.

I'm really looking forward to the new mystery and sense of wonder that Halo 4 is intended to bring.

What about you? What makes Halo special for you?

• Like 1

Halo's story, Master Chief, and the competitive multiplayer.

STORY:

Halo has no doubt one of the best stories out there. Completely fictional and makes players always wanting more. I love how there's more than 2 factions in the story and it tells of an advanced Alien threat trying to takeover the universe.

MASTER CHIEF:

Master Chief has always been the hero. Bungie have taken Spartan 117 from us for 5 years now! FIVE! This masked hero we've all grown close to and we all miss him. He's the apposed last Spartan living so it gives him that really important feeling. In campaign you feel the hype from Marines and ODSTs as they realize MC is a Spartan. Master Chief makes Halo unique and has players bond to the game. Especially since we do not know what he looks like.

Multiplayer:

I haven't been dissatisfied of any Halo games multiplayer. Sure some are better than the other but I love how competitive the game is! You can't go all guns blazing, you have to have controlled burst and know how to use your grenades. In CoD you can literally just 'spray' your weapon, holding down the trigger. That does not take skill at all. In Halo you have a shield to take down and then that final headshot or few bullets take out your enemy. You actually have to work to kill your opponent, something most FPS games don't have anymore.

THE UNIVERSE: This is the most important part of what the franchise is to me. To see it expand far beyond what a normal project would have gone through, the lore of the stories yet to be told is quite powerful with Messages against Political Blackmail, The Uneasiness of war breaking out between species, The feeling of shock after unveiling truth behind suspicions, all of the emotion that the developers had were poured into a project of love, and this is how the Forerunners were born. Leaving it at that note, I shouldn't be saying anything because I don't want to spoil anything. It's something best experienced yourself, and It's a one-of-a kind ride that far exceeds many sci-fi we have today...

THE GAMEPLAY: Although The Market is flooded with FPS'es today, Halo was original back in the day. Combat Evolved introduced many of the stables we have in countless amount of generic games today, so I can safely say That considerable effort went into this as well. As for multiplayer, it's along with many other games I've played, It's fun until someone finds an issue and exploits it. That ruined the Marvel VS Capcom franchise hands-down, and we sure as heck aren't going to stand for anything broken like that in ANY Halo game, weather it be the pistol in Halo 1, The Homing Rockets in Halo 2, or Elites Being Nerfed in Halo Reach, We can be assured that each release will push the standards of balanced gameplay further and further until we have the best of all worlds...

THE UNGGOY: This one was god-given obvious for someone like me. They are there to prove everything isn't so "srs face" and laughter can brighten up anyone's day in times of dark. These loveable creatures, along with Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony helped me learn every game session isn't the most serious thing in the world, and I owe it all to "The Big Grunty Thirst."

I love how balanced and fun the multiplayer is. You can literally play by yourself for countless hours and still have a blast. It blows my mind how epic the multiplayer is. I also love the story behind Halo. The whole game itself is what I love about it the most. I also love the books.

im with none of you, i say Multiplayer and the fact we have a better community then CoD and Battlefield, because, we do, surel, MLG and that are seperate, but when we need to, we come together and try to help each other, something like CoD or battlefield don't, they are all justb y themselves, also 343 themselves, they sound like they are fairly reliable and i know for a fact they won't screw up.