How 343i Should Go About Weapon Customization.

Undead

Alright I will explain how the weapon customization should be.

You only get to customize two weapons. The Assault Rifle and the Battle Rifle, then you can pick the grenade type you want, next you will be able to select the armor ability you want, and finally you will be able to pick the perk. I will explain the load-out below.

Primary Weapon - Battle Rifle

Grenade - Plasma

Armor Ability - Jet Pack

Perk - For the sake of argument lets say one of the perks is faster reloading.

Then every piece of armor you get will help customize your load-out... for example. If you would buy a chest piece that has extra mags on it then you could use them. Same with extra grenades. So as long as your armor has a certain things on it your weapon ammo and grenade count will be the same. But if you have extra mags or grenades then you will have more.

I think this idea would help balance the game and will bring a lot of customization into the game. Discuss your view on my idea and tell me if you will change anything or not and if you will then what will you change?

I personally think it will be more along the lines of picking between weapons from a category of weapons...

For example:

Precision Loadout:

BR or DMR or Carbine

Any Secondary weapon, like Magnum, SMG, or Spiker, Etc.

Armor Ability

Assault Loadout:

AR or Plasma Rifle or Sentinal Beam

Any Secondary Weapon like above'

Armor Ability

Power Loadout:(Only for specific playlist)

Shotgun or Rocket Launcher or Sniper or Sword

Any Secondary Weapon

Armor Ability

Primary:

AR - Free

BR - 10000 SP and Level 5

DMR - 40000 SP and Level 10

Assault Carbine - 70000 SP and Level 14

Secondary:

Magnum - Free

SMG - 20000SP and Level 5

AR - 50000SP and Level 7 (Not available with AR as primary)

Grenade:

Frag - Free

Plasma - 10000SP and Level 4

Third Grenade - 20000SP and Level 7

Armor Ability:

Jetpack - Free

Invisibility - 5000SP and Level 2

Forerunner Vision - 15000SP and Level 4

Hologram - 2000SP and Level 6

Other AA - 35000SP and Level 10

Perks:

None- Default

Trooper - 1 more clip for secondary weapon - 1000SP and Level 0

Animal - 15% increase in Sprint time - 3000 and Level 3

Angel - 15% increase in thruster time - 10000 and Level 5

Tyrant - 15% increase in armor ability usage - 15000 and Level 7

Regenerator - 15% increase in armor ability regeberation - 15000SP and Level 7

Medic - Shields regenerate 20% faster - 20000 and Level 8

Hybrid - spawn with a plasma and a frag grenade if both unlocked - 30000 and Level 11

Soldier - spawn with 1 extra clip for your primary weapon - 60000 and Level 14

This will get you tp keep playing and unlock more equipment and abilities even after you pass levels. It will still take a while to unlock everything.

Perks:

None- Default

Trooper - 1 more clip for secondary weapon - 1000SP and Level 0

Animal - 15% increase in Sprint time - 3000 and Level 3

Angel - 15% increase in thruster time - 10000 and Level 5

Tyrant - 15% increase in armor ability usage - 15000 and Level 7

Regenerator - 15% increase in armor ability regeberation - 15000SP and Level 7

Medic - Shields regenerate 20% faster - 20000 and Level 8

Hybrid - spawn with a plasma and a frag grenade if both unlocked - 30000 and Level 11

Soldier - spawn with 1 extra clip for your primary weapon - 60000 and Level 14

This will get you tp keep playing and unlock more equipment and abilities even after you pass levels. It will still take a while to unlock everything.

Adding in these "perks" seems a bit... wrong.. Some of the ones mentioned would be okay, such as Hybrid or the Trooper and Soldier, but the others would just seem to make the game unbalanced, IMO.

We'll have to wait and see what 343 is planning, but hopefully whatever they decide on will be balanced well. 15% seems like a very large increase...

Adding in these "perks" seems a bit... wrong.. Some of the ones mentioned would be okay, such as Hybrid or the Trooper and Soldier, but the others would just seem to make the game unbalanced, IMO.

We'll have to wait and see what 343 is planning, but hopefully whatever they decide on will be balanced well. 15% seems like a very large increase...

I agree. I was just giving what I think would happen. I just think that those don't directly effect who can kill who faster. It is more about that extra second you would need to get to a certain position or get away from a person.

I dont like how you can pick gernades. Everyone would use plasmas because there the most powerfull

Plasmas are not. They will kill you if you are right on the grenade. Frags have a greater radius and they can bounce. One grenade isn't all of a sudden better than the other.

I believe that for all loadouts you should be able to choose the following items.

A starting weapon: DMR, AR, BR, Carbine, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Rifle and any other moderate weapon.

A secondary weapon: Magnum, Plasma Pistol, SMG, or Needler.

An armor ability: All of the armor abilities in the game.

A grenade type: Sticky, Frag, Spikey, or (hopefully) Fuego.

I don't know there will be perks in the game (have heard rumors but not actual facts on it, I'm treating FV as an AA) so I'll leave those out.

I don't believe in unlocking weapons and other game influencers, because that gives people who buy the game the first day an unfair advantage over those who have to save up. I've been one of those people who've had to save up for most of my life, so I know what it's like to hop on a game and go against a guy who has unlocked everything while I still have starter weapons. It's BS. The only thing that leveling up should unlock is cosmetic customization. Including unlockable game influencers is an unbalanced decision, and I really hope that it doesn't happen.

• Like 2