Halo 4 vs Reach attributes.

Absolute Dog

I have read that there is part of the forum population that want the armor abilities in Halo 4. There are others that either do not mind them, will deal with them or want them changed. The last group seems dead set against the idea.

Reach was a game unto itself. It followed the exploits of Noble Team and was a predecessor of the series. The following campaigns and multiplayer took place later on in the story line, even though we played them first. The question is this:

Why include armor abilities in a new game that would chronologically follow Halo 3. Is it just because you have already played with them and feel that because they have been used we can not go back? Do you feel like they have to be part of the series from here on out? Explain your ideas and thoughts. If you state they "Are in for a fact.", give us some proof.

• Like 1

from what i understand theres a major time lapse? maybe the UNSC are back up and fully running? who knows. but heres what i posted on a forum for agreeing with AA's in 4

"i think instead of AA's as loudouts give us 10 seconds before match to change up our weapons. like instead of starting with an AR and Pistol, let me switch it to a BR/DMR and shotgun. as long as you cant choose heavy weapons like RL off the get go and make it balanced i think that would be better than AA's "

• Like 1

I feel that they should make a lot of changes to the.

Here is a list:

Sprint- needs to be a default for all players. This being done by holding down the left thumb stick.

Evade- Good as it as.

Armor Lock- Make it to where it doesn't recharge, after you use it 1 time. This would make it so people who use it and decide to kill them self to get it back again will cause their team to lose points so they won't use it as much.

Active Camo- fine as long as they make it to where you can use your night vision in match making.

Jet Pack- Make it so it will only go half as high as they do.

Drop shield- Good as it as.

Hologram need to be more life like and it would be cool if you could attach a sticky to it so you send it to the enemy.

:thumbsup: :yahoo: :clapping:

I think AA are being included in halo 4 because 343i wants to prove to the community they can fit in if done right. i have no proof that's just what i think. and depending on how they are received in halo 4 will determine whether or not they are included in future halo games. i personally like AA but i wouldn't mind if they went back to equipment or took them out all together

I feel that they should make a lot of changes to the.

Here is a list:

Sprint- needs to be a default for all players. This being done by holding down the left thumb stick.

Evade- Good as it as.

Armor Lock- Make it to where it doesn't recharge, after you use it 1 time. This would make it so people who use it and decide to kill them self to get it back again will cause their team to lose points so they won't use it as much.

Active Camo- fine as long as they make it to where you can use your night vision in match making.

Jet Pack- Make it so it will only go half as high as they do.

Drop shield- Good as it as.

Hologram need to be more life like and it would be cool if you could attach a sticky to it so you send it to the enemy.

:thumbsup: :yahoo: :clapping:

Are you crazy? Chief with armor ablites is like Halo without Chief altogether. Some Armor ablitites should be kept though.

The following make sence in the Halo universe:

Jet pack, it is good and it is often used by brutes.

Drop shield, needs to be like a bubble shield, like in the trailers and Halo: Legends\

Active Camo, it was used by the Elites and should be kept.\

Jackal Shield. Can be used with single-handed weapons.

Thanks

BraverKING514

• Like 2

Are you crazy? Chief with armor ablites is like Halo without Chief altogether. Some Armor ablitites should be kept though.

The following make sence in the Halo universe:

Jet pack, it is good and it is often used by brutes.

Drop shield, needs to be like a bubble shield, like in the trailers and Halo: Legends\

Active Camo, it was used by the Elites and should be kept.\

Jackal Shield. Can be used with single-handed weapons.

Thanks

BraverKING514

i think that if jackal shields were used as a Loadout no other loadout would be used. now as a doulwield type weapon (look up dualwields in H4 on this forum) it would work better. it would basically be a plasma pistol without the shots, and the energy would decay like a drop shield when shot

i think that if jackal shields were used as a Loadout no other loadout would be used. now as a doulwield type weapon (look up dualwields in H4 on this forum) it would work better. it would basically be a plasma pistol without the shots, and the energy would decay like a drop shield when shot

I actually think they could work. If they have duel wielding then they could be used as a weapon on one hand with a real weapon on the other.

Valentine what I take from your post is that if Armor Abilities are in that they would be a load out initially, like weapons choice, and held throughout the entire game. When you die you will respawn with the same initial load out. The weapons choice would not include the laser, rocket, missile pod etc. I believe the Jackal shield did fail if shot repeatedly.

John you appear to like the AA's with some improvements and having the player carry night vision, or some type of standard equipment that would detect an invisible player, but maybe limit duration of use and maybe lessen other visual aspects. The sprint would be a constant and be able to be used in conjunction with the chosen AA.

Braver seems to want to make use of items that have been included in the previous trilogy in on form or another, staying truer to the existing elements of CE, H2, and H3.

At this point I like a little of each idea, of course Braver tends to fall more into my category of thinking. Consider this then: Lets say there are darkened areas in some match made maps that a helmet light, that could be switched or toggled to offer light or detect invisible players in any environment, with a limited charge that needs recharge time or could be used in short bursts. Maybe be comfortable with a compromise on the armor abilities, closer to Braver's idea. Since there would be a one time load out, as Valentine suggested, it could simply take place in an armory at the beginning of the match were your choice of weapons and ability would be a one time choice for the entire match. Have the traditional power weapons, such as sniper, rockets, laser, etc., placed at strategic points or mini armories on the map. Now I have read into and embellished you posts a little, but here is a question:

What would be the standard pickup weapons on the map, given this compromise? Would it be that once ammunition is used from the original load out you were forced to either pick up ammo from the fallen or make your way to a mini armory?

• Like 1

Duel wielding, please come back and more duel wieldable weponds too.

NEW IDEA

SOMEBODY HAD AN EXCELLENT IDEA ON BUNJIE OF INSTEAD OF ARMOR ABILITIES OR ANOTHER OPTION IN THE LOAD OUTS THERE SHOULD BE SPARTAN2S AND SPARATAN3S

ELITES AND ARBITERS

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO ARE ONE MOVES FASTER JUMPS HIGHER ONE COULD DUEL WEILD

THE OTHER HAS ARMOR ABILITES ONE HAS STRONGER SHEILD THE OTHER SHEILD RECHARGES FASTER

ONE SURVIVES HIGHER JUMPS

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE IDEA

Duel wielding, please come back and more duel wieldable weponds too.

NEW IDEA

SOMEBODY HAD AN EXCELLENT IDEA ON BUNJIE OF INSTEAD OF ARMOR ABILITIES OR ANOTHER OPTION IN THE LOAD OUTS THERE SHOULD BE SPARTAN2S AND SPARATAN3S

ELITES AND ARBITERS

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO ARE ONE MOVES FASTER JUMPS HIGHER ONE COULD DUEL WEILD

THE OTHER HAS ARMOR ABILITES ONE HAS STRONGER SHEILD THE OTHER SHEILD RECHARGES FASTER

ONE SURVIVES HIGHER JUMPS

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE IDEA

There may be something there, I'll mull it over and see what I can get from it. Thanks elite.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have read that there is part of the forum population that want the armor abilities in Halo 4. There are others that either do not mind them, will deal with them or want them changed. The last group seems dead set against the idea.

Reach was a game unto itself. It followed the exploits of Noble Team and was a predecessor of the series. The following campaigns and multiplayer took place later on in the story line, even though we played them first. The question is this:

Why include armor abilities in a new game that would chronologically follow Halo 3. Is it just because you have already played with them and feel that because they have been used we can not go back? Do you feel like they have to be part of the series from here on out? Explain your ideas and thoughts. If you state they "Are in for a fact.", give us some proof.

Bring back equipment. The idea of AA's in halo 4 makes me sick. Why would sprint become a default? Halo does not need sprint or loadouts. Everyone should start with the same weapon and race for the power weapons. This whole halo 4 should be reach idea is killing me. Halo ce, 2 and 3 were amazing and 343 should continue that way. They really should just work on a new idea if anything. Personally halo 4 could be just like the other 3 and i would be fine with that. New maps, new weapons and gametypes is all i need. "Most" of the people I know who were actually good at the first 3 halo's hate aa's and other stupid additions.
  • Like 1

Bring back equipment. The idea of AA's in halo 4 makes me sick. Why would sprint become a default? Halo does not need sprint or loadouts. Everyone should start with the same weapon and race for the power weapons. This whole halo 4 should be reach idea is killing me. Halo ce, 2 and 3 were amazing and 343 should continue that way. They really should just work on a new idea if anything. Personally halo 4 could be just like the other 3 and i would be fine with that. New maps, new weapons and gametypes is all i need. "Most" of the people I know who were actually good at the first 3 halo's hate aa's and other stupid additions.

You and I seem to see the game the same way. Obviously I was never a big fan of Reach, but I bought and played and complained. Thanks for the post.

Is this the old Decree 117?

• Like 1

no AA's. it just not halo. the classic halos didn't have AA's. the player just ran faster. i think the game requires less skill now. people don't need to fight their way out of a though situation. they just go into armor lock and hope help comes soon. i want the classic halo feel back. the one we all know and love.

no AA's. it just not halo. the classic halos didn't have AA's. the player just ran faster. i think the game requires less skill now. people don't need to fight their way out of a though situation. they just go into armor lock and hope help comes soon. i want the classic halo feel back. the one we all know and love.

I could not agree more Kurt. One of the keys to the previous games was fighting your way out, not using some gimmicky ability to hide, run, turn to stone (like an ostrich putting his head in the sand until help arrives) or flying away. Gimme back my Chief baby!

• Like 1

No armor abilities, period. Equipment (From H3) and their limited use require the player to use it strategically, and not just use it every 10 seconds. If they screwed up using it, oh well. Armor abilities (Armor Lock especially) is for wimps, I'm sorry.