Favorite Military Aircraft thread? (All generations)

miniamp

Can I post 2 that I love equally?

1. The Spitfire, it's just a beautiful plane

a>

2. The F/A 22 Raptor, probably the best plane made up to this point.

a>

It's not a F/A22, it's a F-22, it's not a multi role. It's sole purpose is to be an air superiority fighter, there were plans for a F/B-22 (Fighter bomber) but it was scrapped

just clearing things up ^_^

to be honest it would have to be the p-47 thunderbolt from the USAF during WW2 because it was extremly durable, could lose a cylinder and still come back and win a fight against a focke wulf 190 or me 109 maybe even a me 262.but its also a tie because my plane that i love just as much is the 0v-1b mohawk used by USAF in Vietnam. i happen to know a ov-1b mohawk pilot but on a sad nte he died in 2010. but lets not get sad, the thunderbolt was also so rugged that the test flight it took off then crashed down, hit a brick wall and through all of that the pilot got out and said "what happend i heard loud noise and thats all." he was completly unharmed. it was one of the best (in my opinion) fighters of WW2. Also if you really know and love planes you will have heard of oshkosh. anyone who know what this is i hope to maybe see one of you there for 2012. whoo hoo. sorry i tried for 20 min but pics would not load.

• Like 1