What is the point in a clan?

Clans had more function in Halo 2 with the clan tab enabled and Clan playlist. Basically every Halo community had there own clans. A way so forum members have access to others without over-filling there friends lists. If there is a clan tab in Halo 4, im sure this site will start rolling out official clans.

no there are plently of clans out there that still fly the serious spirit and competitoin from H2....most "clans" are a mass group of young kids who prefer custom made "headquarters maps" that play gametypes that are focused around reachin insanely high number of kills or assassinating the other clans leader. Personally i hope 343 brings back the clans tab and creates a clan only playlist to help bolster a competitive community outside of mlg.

P.s. and clan leader is welcome to contact me on xbl fi they are interested in a clan battle. I will warn you my clan takes gaming rather seriously and we dont mess with the pointless headquarters games. XBL GT: ArkadianRedneck

I am currently looking for people to join my clan. If you are interested you could try it out and see if you like the idea of clans or not. I've been in quite a few clans. This is the first clan I am starting for myself. I personally see clans as a way to better your game, get to know people, be competitive, play for fun, build a team, get known, a way to help people, etc. A clan is whatever you make it. I hope mine will make it to the top. Would you help me?

The original gamer clans actually date before Halo, when MMO's first started popping up. A clan was usually anywhere from 5 to 10 people who would be online at the same time and help each other out in whatever game they were playing. In Halo, the point of a clan is to have players that are decent who are able to back you up in team gametypes, rather than you having to be a random and having crummy teammates that get you spawn trapped. :D

• Like 2