If there are jetpacks in Halo 4

Constantly

I wonder if they'd be able to make it easier on Bumper Jumper people. I'll admit that half the reason I don't like Jet Packs is because I can't use them efficiently.

But what if they made the Jet Pack button the same as your jump button? That way you could jump and hold it to fly away.

The problem this causes is that people playing with the default setting would be just as gimped as bumper jumper people were before.

I'd personally rather not see jet packs in Halo 4, but if there are, I'd like to be able to use them to my advantage as well.

inb4 - I'm not going to switch my settings because I can't use jet packs in Reach. BUT, I probably would switch if it's the same case with Halo 4. At that point it would seem worth it.

You can already set your controls to use the left bumper for jet packing, its the default control scheme. I see your point tho, bumper jumper is somewhat a disadvantage when it comes to using AA's. I personally hate AA's, especially jetpacks but if everyone is using jetpacks I will change to default controls just so I stand a chance.

As in Jump height? Or what? I'd like jump height, especially big maps.

Yes, pretty much jump hight. Press a button, gives you a big jump boost and then the thrusters on your back let you down slowly. Hmm, that to me sound like a fun thing to do, but I think it's also a fair trait to have in multiplayer. You get an advantage as you get a bigger jump boost, throwing the enemy off and then slowly setting down on the ground making you quite vulnerable to a quick death. That's what I think anyway, who knows if this would even be implimentied into Halo 4 multiplayer, to be honest I wouldn't have a clue if that would actually work in multiplayer at all but I'd prefere that over jetpack.

Yes, pretty much jump hight. Press a button, gives you a big jump boost and then the thrusters on your back let you down slowly. Hmm, that to me sound like a fun thing to do, but I think it's also a fair trait to have in multiplayer. You get an advantage as you get a bigger jump boost, throwing the enemy off and then slowly setting down on the ground making you quite vulnerable to a quick death. That's what I think anyway, who knows if this would even be implimentied into Halo 4 multiplayer, to be honest I wouldn't have a clue if that would actually work in multiplayer at all but I'd prefere that over jetpack.

also, slowing you down for fall damage too! Especialy in campaign i can see it as a big role. Real good for DropPods lol
  • Like 1

Are you like claw-gripping? Or doing a burst, aim, burst, aim type thing?

I use my index finger (which is usually on RB) to hover over X. May seem kind of clumsy, but I'm used to it now.

Default works much better for AL's like Jetpack and evade.

Yes, I am aware of that. Even if it's a negative aspect of the button layout, I still prefer it over Default.

Can you imagine if there were parachutes in Halo 4, would be so fun!!! :laughing:

Omg yes lol, also it should take you into 3rd person while you're falling. And it should let you pull out a gun too! Lol, not exactly a parachute, considering it's a while in the future. LOL *parachute pops out of hole in helmet* Booya

I'd like to have jet-packs... Just not in multiplayer.

Lol, parachute. So many instances John needed a parachute. Falling to Halo in CE in the second mission. Falling from the pod in the beginning of Halo 3. In ODST you wouldn't have to start of injured if you had a parachute.

I'd like to have jet-packs... Just not in multiplayer.

Lol, parachute. So many instances John needed a parachute. Falling to Halo in CE in the second mission. Falling from the pod in the beginning of Halo 3. In ODST you wouldn't have to start of injured if you had a parachute.

Exactly, haha. He could have saved himself a lot of effort that's for sure, funny how you don't see any parachutes in Halo at all (As far as I know anyway). ^_^

Exactly, haha. He could have saved himself a lot of effort that's for sure, funny how you don't see any parachutes in Halo at all (As far as I know anyway). ^_^

Well in Halo 2 and Halo 3 master chief didn't take fall damage like he did in Halo 1. We didn't even play as master chief in Odst and Reach so thats not really relevant towards Halo 4. So from my point of view there is no reason for a parachute. Although I would love to mess around with a parachute in custom games or something, could be some awesome gametypes.