My Halo 4 "Perk" System and Custom Loadout Theory.

KiiDD DoUGhBoY

I have a theory behind the Custom Loadouts and this so called 'Perk' system. I dont know if this is true, this is merely speculation and thoughts on what i think might be correct.

Now id also like to say, because ive seen this ALOT in Halo 4 forums, i doubt halo would EVER have attachments for guns. So dont count really count on those. I know 343i knows, especially at this stage of Halo's lifetime, whats acceptable and what isnt.

As for the 'Perk' system. Frankie already confirmed that they arent the kinds of perks we have seen in other games like COD and BF, and that Perks is just a term coined by the media, but im going to continue to use that word as a placeholder. IMO, i think these new 'perks' would be something very minor, that would change gameplay, but not drastically. but then again, he did say it would change our gameplay EXPERIENCE. that could also mean like HUD customization or stuff like that, we dont really know yet.

Maybe like extra ammo, extra grenade, extra sprinting time, extra booster/jetpack (or whatever that thing REALLY is), etc. if i had to put my money down, id say these 'Perks' will end up being something like this. if it was anything other way, id truly say 343i's biting off COD and BFs ideas hard, although the BR, in my opinion, looks like a futuristic FAMAS......but again thats just me. i kind of like the design of the BR though!

Now as for these custom loadouts. I really doubt in a Slayer game you will ever start with power weapons.

Now frankie confirmed that there will be forerunner weapons in the game, the pistol was confirmed in the ViDoc, and Frankie also confirmed a 1-shot gun to make an appearence, but didnt state if it was a human or alien type gun, but since the DMR was recently confirmed, im gonna go with a FR one shot pistol.

If i had to put money on it, i would say the custom loadouts would just be to choose your primary and secondary gun before the game starts, or after you die each time.

(This would only work if the 3 starts did equal amounts of damage that way nobody spawns with a better advantage due to preference of starts. like if the BR=DMR=AR(strength wise) and the Magnum=FR Equivalent to the pistol(Strength wise) then this would work out nicely) <-- That would be balanced and players will be able to start with the gun of their preference, or the gun they are most comfortable with, without spawning with an advantage.

For example:

AR and pistol / AR and FR equivalent to the pistol

BR and pistol / BR and FR equivalent to the pistol

DMR and pistol / DMR and FR equivalent to pistol

(BR = Battle Rifle, AR = Assault Rifle, FR = Forerunner, DMR = Designated Marksman Rifle)

now of course nothing is confirmed yet, but if i had to guess, id say its basically something like this, which is something i dont really have a problem with. That also means there would be a more variety of guns already placed on the maps.

Look at the brightside of all of this. If this turns out bad or you dont really like it to much, there will hopefully be a Classic Playlist. As we saw from the Anniversary playlist and the TU in Reach, we can see how much 343i really cares about the original feel of halo. Also i saw in a interview, Frankie was asked about the pistol seen in the ViDoc and if it was more like the Halo 3/Reach pistol or CE pistol, and he said im sure you already know the answer to that because of the TU *or something like that*. <-- probably didnt make sence, but what im trying to say is, is that the pistol in H4 will most likely be alot like the CE god pistol.

*Sorry for the long read*

***3/30 - DMR Confirmed and AR Confirmed. AR going to be stronger then before. No Bubble Shield in H4***

But then again, we wont find out until more info is released ! Comment below on what you guys think!!

Plausable. I don't think it will even be something so drastic as choosing weapons every time you spawn. It might be something much like in Reach - but it might now. I think the only way we are going to truly find out is by waiting for them to release more information.

Plausable. I don't think it will even be something so drastic as choosing weapons every time you spawn. It might be something much like in Reach - but it might now. I think the only way we are going to truly find out is by waiting for them to release more information.

i agree, i heard we will be hearing/seeing something March 21st. the OXM apparently has details on Halo 4, so hopefully we will see something then!

It's more likely to be a system of trade-offs.

You want a Battle Rifle instead of an Assault Rifle? You lose your grenades. You want grenades back? You can keep the Battle Rifle but lose your Sprint. You want Plasma Grenades? You can have one in exchange for both your Frags. You want two Plasmas? Here you go, but say goodbye to your Magnum.

Obviously the system will have a lot more thought as to what balances what, but if I were 343, this is the sort of thing I'd go with. Maybe it's based on a credits system or something, so everyone can have up to $500 worth of stuff in the game. An Assault Rifle is worth $100, a Battle Rifle $200, or whatever.

You want a Battle Rifle instead of an Assault Rifle? You lose your grenades. You want grenades back? You can keep the Battle Rifle but lose your Sprint. You want Plasma Grenades? You can have one in exchange for both your Frags. You want two Plasmas? Here you go, but say goodbye to your Magnum.

Obviously the system will have a lot more thought as to what balances what, but if I were 343, this is the sort of thing I'd go with. Maybe it's based on a credits system or something, so everyone can have up to $500 worth of stuff in the game. An Assault Rifle is worth $100, a Battle Rifle $200, or whatever.

I could see this working actually. As long as the trade-offs were balanced it would look good. In terms of the credit system, I don't agree as much. Could a player buy a sniper rifle then nothing else? That would seem OP.

I could see this working actually. As long as the trade-offs were balanced it would look good. In terms of the credit system, I don't agree as much. Could a player buy a sniper rifle then nothing else? That would seem OP.

Depends. Maybe you could and you only get four bullets for it. Or maybe you can only buy non-power weapons; Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, Needlers, Spikers, SMGs, whatever. Perhaps you have to buy your shields too, and you could sell them to make enough money for a power weapon. I'll think this through and get back to you.

that i dont like. i think the way i put it is the way id rather it being

I would give up my magnum for stickies any day. Its not like I can't pick one up. But on the other hand I would probably get something in place of the magnum

Rocket launcher according to most MLGs would equal out with the magnum.

:awesome:

I would give up my magnum for stickies any day. Its not like I can't pick one up. But on the other hand I would probably get something in place of the magnum

Rocket launcher according to most MLGs would equal out with the magnum.

:awesome:

i dont think 343i would ever make us start out unevenly like that. that just gives the team with the rocket spawn a really big advantage straight from the start of the game

Not a big fan of this idea, it creates an unbalanced game imo.

I think the game presets work best because it gives everyone an even playing field.

I think if they are going to do load-outs then they need to have 2 or 3 at most in a game.

@OP, similar to what you said.. something like:

1. BR 2Frags, Magnum or equal power weapon (EPW)
  2. EPW to both BR & Magnum and 2 forerunner grenades.
  3. (if covies come back this is a guestimate) Carbine or EPW Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasmas

Basically each game needs an equally matched weapon for each load-out. It keeps the game balanced.

IMO. ;)

Hopefully these "perks" as refered to are similar to this, it could really add an interesting aspect to the gameplay. I use to hate AR slayer in H3 on a map like guardian, with only 1 br spawn. Give me my BR anyday.

i agree with this 100% thats why i never really liked TS no matter what map. i would always veto it to get Team BR's

Not a big fan of this idea, it creates an unbalanced game imo.

I think the game presets work best because it gives everyone an even playing field.

I think if they are going to do load-outs then they need to have 2 or 3 at most in a game.

@OP, similar to what you said.. something like:

1. BR 2Frags, Magnum or equal power weapon (EPW)
  2. EPW to both BR & Magnum and 2 forerunner grenades.
  3. (if covies come back this is a guestimate) Carbine or EPW Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasmas

Basically each game needs an equally matched weapon for each load-out. It keeps the game balanced.

IMO. ;)

if the BR=EPW=AR(strength wise) and the Magnum=ME(Magnum Equivalent)(Strength wise) then my theory would work alot better. Everyone would start off equal no matter what, but everyone would be able to start with whichever gun they prefer

this is a terrible idea no matter what. custom perks are not balanced no matter how subtle. bring back skill based halo, and prove it willl be balanced so i can sleep at night knowing theres still one good console fps worth lookibg forward to.

if they equaled out the starts, it would keep the balance. Like if the BR=EPW=AR(strength wise) and the Magnum=ME(Magnum Equivalent)(Strength wise). Then nobody would spawn with an advantage.

if i had to put money on it, id say the Custom Loadouts would be very similar to what i stated earlier.

Now as for these 'perks'. im a bit concerned with these. now although they could be something as miniscule as respawning with an extra grenade, or extra ammo, or longer sprint, it just seems like it would feel weird for that to be in Halo.

Frankie stated they are more like armor enhancements. so maybe if u have a Recon helmet on, youll have something like night vision or maybe a more enhanced scope, or if ur wearing Grenadier, ull spawn with an extra grenade. To me, that doesnt sound SO bad, but i think they really need to make in a seperate playlist.

One Classic Playlist, One With No Perks or Custom Loadouts, and One With All The New Stuff They Are Implementing.

Hopefully these "perks" as refered to are similar to this, it could really add an interesting aspect to the gameplay. I use to hate AR slayer in H3 on a map like guardian, with only 1 br spawn. Give me my BR anyday.

mee too. i think that, if my perk system ends up being the way it is, people will be very happy. No More Team BRs or AR starts, it will just be Team Slayer with your preference of a start

I don't like what Frankie said about the ''Perks'' I just like how Halo 3 gameplay is..but I can go with what Kid DoughBoy saids about ''

One Classic Playlist, One With No Perks or Custom Loadouts, and One With All The New Stuff They Are Implementing. '' that would be great because there are some ppl like the Original gameplay.

im sure alot of us would prefer to not have these 'perks', but they are going to be in the game, and im sure they will be balanced. not to sound like an ass, but you have to deal with it

I never said I couldn't deal with it, did I? I said I'd rather not have them. Am I not allowed to state my opinions without being attacked here?