What's with all the Reach hate?

KAC 361

The topic title is pretty self explanatory, so I won't really over elaborate on this. Has anyone else noticed a rising trend in what seems like blind hatred for Halo Reach? I personally think that Reach is an amazing game. And a ground breaking entry into an already awsome franchise.

I suppose many people don't like it because it is so different from the previous games. But it's different for the right reasons. It's better to embrace change and to adapt with it. Than to stagnate on the same ideas over and over again.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

people can't adapt, and they blame the game for it, because it is different and IMO in some ways better, people just want the original game and that's it, ANY change = No.

It sucks.

Wrong! Biggles this is simply your opinion. It has nothing to do with "adapting" for most players who dislike Reach. This is a cop out answer for those who fail to understand how others feel. They want the game to advance, just are unhappy about what the advancements were with Reach.

Luke it has nothing to do about being stuck in the past. Again another cop out phrase used by those who fail to appreciate what other players are talking about.

It is opinions like these that fan the flames even higher. I could easily say you two are "stuck" in your own opinions and lack the ability to legitimately see other players concerns.

To the OP, you see more posts about the dislikes of Reach lately because they are hoping for, like Frank O'Conner himself stated, a return to what made Halo good, what made it Halo with no more dead end stories. They are hoping for something that resembles a game series that they loved.

• Like 2

Wrong! Biggles his is simply your opinion. It has nothing to do with "adapting" for most players who dislike Reach. This is a cop out answer for those who fail to understand how others feel. They want the game to advance, just are unhappy about what the advancements were with Reach.

So, people who know how to use the DMR and bloom still play yet the people who can't use the DMR or bloom quit because they aren't good with it? don't deny that isn't a fact either AD, u know it is, people who can't use the feature of bloom normally quit to play another game because they don't want to play something which is not similar to past halos.

There's nothing wrong with the advancements of reach, nothing at all, Reach is a good game, its just because people don't like change, and this is just one example of it.

I am open to other opinions and i accept his opinion, i just gave my own viewpoint.

• Like 1

So, people who know how to use the DMR and bloom still play yet the people who can't use the DMR or bloom quit because they aren't good with it? don't deny that isn't a fact either AD, u know it is, people who can't use the feature of bloom normally quit to play another game because they don't want to play something which is not similar to past halos.

There's nothing wrong with the advancements of reach, nothing at all, Reach is a good game, its just because people don't like change, and this is just one example of it.

I am open to other opinions and i accept his opinion, i just gave my own viewpoint.

Again you miss the point.

i like halo 3 better than reach just because of the weapons and vehicles

Don't understand? reach had the same vehicles and a few more? how was halo 3 better vehicle wise?

Weapons i can't understand either, DMR > BR, Halo Reach Sniper > Halo 3 Sniper IMO.

Don't understand? reach had the same vehicles and a few more? how was halo 3 better vehicle wise?

Weapons i can't understand either, DMR > BR, Halo Reach Sniper > Halo 3 Sniper IMO.

Reach's version of the Warthog and Mongoose are definitely different, They handle differently, can be killed with any weapon very quickly by comparison as can any vehicle. The DMR and Reach Sniper are not better than Halo's, it is just your preference. You talk as if it is a fact.

• Like 1

The rat in my brain got in his exercise wheel and turned this out on the subject:

CE, H2 and H3 multiplayer was/is fast and chaotic. It was alive and unhinged. Things happened in matches that have left some players bewildered to this very day. It was brilliant because everybody had the same tools at their disposal, so nobody could outright claim any degree of unbalanced gameplay. And the Ranking systems in H2 and H3 organized the hardcore and the casual players into separate folds without players even realizing that it was happening. It matched you against other players of apparently similar skill and mindframe. The systems weren't perfect, but they were on to something good, and it helped keep the players happy.

Reach multiplayer, I believe, was meant to be slower and more ponderous. It was, I believe, an attemp at merging the science-fiction of Halo with science-fact. It implemented innovations that required a good bit of skill, imagination and quick thinking to use well. It was also meant to serve simultaneously as a prequel for CE, as a hype-generator for CEA, and as a simple time-killer between H3 and H4. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if part of Reach's terrible assimilation by the Halo fans was due to a combination of personal feelings amongst Bungie's people: a mix of sadness at the loss of their baby, bitter resentment at Microsoft for "taking" it from them, and the excitement of being free from their clutches.

There are those who consider Reach to be a standalone game, one that is not truly Halo. But I consider it to be like H3:ODST: an amusing stop on the road to H4, and a small taste of the innovations going into it.

Well, the rat's tired now and needs his rest.

Go with the blessings of Twam, my children. :heart:

• Like 1

Tell you what we need more of, Reach hate. Yea, lots more hate on Halo Reach. Tell you what, lets also push hate......onto 343i, because 343i aren't Bungie. Halo 2 was the best Halo make all new Halo games like Halo 2, don't change anything. Who was the guy at Bungie who put armour abilities in, because they suck, why? Because they require no skill, no further questions.

The typical though process of someone who doesn't like change.

Title update has been horrible matchmaking has taken a beating and the simple fact the most played maps anymore are user created and those will be gone in a few days

again you have proved yourself as a hater

and btw the TU has Dramatically brought reach's population. it has also done many good things, by bring down bloom for people who dont like it.

First off I'd just like to say hello to everyone as I just made my account (obviously).

Now then....I for one, do not hate Reach, however, it doesn't feel like HALO. Bloom is amazing, I cannot tell you how long I waited for a HALO game to incorporate bloom as I wanted it ever since I played Counter Strike, way back in HALO CE days. Armor Abilities.....bleh. They really don't take skill and they just slow the pace of the game overall (makes me sad that H4 will have AA's).

I think the biggest problem I have with Reach is that it continued to lower the skill gap between players (aside from the DMR which is much more skillful than the BR). Instead of having to think about your map positioning, you can just run around aimlessly. If you get in a bad situation its like "o well time to sprint away, no harm done". Sniping in Reach is just so......EASY. I used to hate it when teammates would pick up sniper (we have all betrayed that one teammate that kept taking it and never getting a kill), because I knew I was good with it and wanted it to be put to good use. In Reach, I don't even care who picks it up, because everyone is good with sniper.

All that aside, I still am a big fan of Reach, and am excited to see what 343i will do with HALO 4. It is nice to actually have that nostalgic feeling of being excited about playing HALO again, I feel like this is the first time I have been excited for the next HALO since H3 was coming out. Also glad to see 343i is working on competitive maps and not just putting in forge and letting the community make all the competitive (AND GRAY) maps.

personally i'm a big fan of reach. it's still halo kicks the **** outta any other xbox multiplayer game. but i still feel like its just, not sure how to say it, mismanaged? i don't know there are a ton of awesome new things in reach i just feel like a lot of them are implemented poorly.

I like Halo 3 WAY better but I hate when people say sorry this a quote, I did not say this but I don't like what it says, "Halo Reach sucks balls and is not a true Halo game". I disagree it is A Halo game have you seen the title? To people who says Reach sucks,That's your opinion but don't go saying Bad things about it to people who love Reach.