opinions about a fanfic project

Vitamin Pwn

ok so im currently working on a Halo Fanfic focusing on space battles and pilots, with small space fighters (ie: longswords).

i've came up with a ship for my FF called the Gladius light interceptor and i want your opinions on it

and remember it is nowhere nere complete this is just what i have so far.

name – Gladius

model – Gladius Class light Interceptor

engine – 4 engines. two engines located behind the cockpit and one located on the end of each wing

hull – Titanium A

armament – 2 30mm Autocannons mounted in the middle of the wings (some models have two Gauss cannons instead although these are not as common)

crew – 1 pilot

role – interceptor

affiliation – UNSC

The Gladius is a lightly Armored strike Craft that relies on speed more than armor for protection. Boasting 4 fusion engines the Gladius is the fastest starfighter in use by the UNSC. Capable of atmospheric flight, the Gladius can also be used to support ground troops

The Gladius come armed with 2 30mm Autocannons or 2 30mm Gauss cannons. the Gladius can be equiped with 4 air to ground missiles for close air support while in atmosphere.

so what do you guys think? what do i need to change? i want your feedback.

• Like 4

Nicely detailed specs, V. When possible, you should put up some concept art. :yes *pretends we hadn't already spoken about all this* ^_^

Do you have ideas for characters? You gave me permission to use your name and likeness in my fanfic (WIP), and I even asked for a suggestion regarding the character based on your likeness, so you have my permission to use my name and likeness in yours if you'd like. I won't be offended if you don't... Not for long, anyway... Not after I get my revenge.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Ahem...

c:/run composure.exe

:horse:

I like the idea, V. Just don't let the scale of the subject matter overwhelm you. Consider characters and ensembles, and timelines and conflicts carefully, and I think it'll be a good work. I look forward to even a glimpse or excerpt. :animier:

Twam guide you, V. :heart:

• Like 1

I look forward to reading this and any additional info if you choose to put it on the forum. I like that you chose to make the Gladius a balanced aerospacecraft, the weapons system seems to match up in juxtaposition with it's speed and (I assume) maneuverability. Sounds pretty classic in terms of a high G fighter type, so I don't really have any improvements to offer. The name sounds perfect too. So I only have questions.

Does the missile guidance system include a forward mounted laser, if so can missiles be fired air to air?

What is the capable range of this interceptor, can it operate without a carrier or nearby base, and can it be fitted with a detachable framework to house a translight drive?

• Like 1

Nicely detailed specs, V. When possible, you should put up some concept art. :yes *pretends we hadn't already spoken about all this* ^_^

Do you have ideas for characters? You gave me permission to use your name and likeness in my fanfic (WIP), and I even asked for a suggestion regarding the character based on your likeness, so you have my permission to use my name and likeness in yours if you'd like. I won't be offended if you don't... Not for long, anyway... Not after I get my revenge.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Ahem...

c:/run composure.exe

:horse:

I like the idea, V. Just don't let the scale of the subject matter overwhelm you. Consider characters and ensembles, and timelines and conflicts carefully, and I think it'll be a good work. I look forward to even a glimpse or excerpt. :animier:

Twam guide you, V. :heart:

thanks for the advice FB and i may use your name in my FF as im still coming up with the characters for it. and im gonna try my best to draw so concept art for it but my drawing skills leave much to be desired so it will probably suck lol.

I look forward to reading this and any additional info if you choose to put it on the forum. I like that you chose to make the Gladius a balanced aerospacecraft, the weapons system seems to match up in juxtaposition with it's speed and (I assume) maneuverability. Sounds pretty classic in terms of a high G fighter type, so I don't really have any improvements to offer. The name sounds perfect too. So I only have questions.

Does the missile guidance system include a forward mounted laser, if so can missiles be fired air to air?

What is the capable range of this interceptor, can it operate without a carrier or nearby base, and can it be fitted with a detachable framework to house a translight drive?

the missiles don't have forward mounted lasers, they track their target Via a signal sent from the Gladius that bounces off the target towards the missile. this makes it so it can only fire on slow moving targets so it primarily used against ground targets but they can be launched at stationary air targets, (such as phantoms when they drop troops off) and slow moving air targets. Fast moving air targets are harder to track this way so it won't work effectively against them

the Gladius is a short range fighter as it cannot be equipped with a Translight Drive because it is a small craft (about half the size of the sabre) this makes it so it has to stay near it's parent ship in order to make translight jumps. and because of it's size it can only carry a limited amount of ammo so it need to stick near a carrier if it need to resupply it's ammo.

I like the idea. I even have a friend in forge that may want to work with me building the ship for you so it could be played on.

thanks Ad that would be awesome, but i think it would be to small to make into a map.

im still comming up with the character and the overall setting of my Fanfic so it will be awhile before it's done but when i have enough to post i will post it for everyone to read. thank for you feedback everyone! :thumbsup:

• Like 1