Clan Interface

Skiddz CE

Hi,

I'm completely new to this forum, and actually created this account for this one thread. I know it seems like a lot of work, but Clans need to be more important. They add an entirely different feel to the entire multiplayer experience. I'm of course referring to the setup from Halo 2. Being able to just pull up a screen that showed you everyone in your clan was just too easy. Honestly it seems like a really simple design and function to throw back into the game that would force so much more online interaction besides just the routine, "I can't wait to kill everyone in this lobby."

It's an idea to satisfy more then just your casual halo players. The service tag and emblem help notify wether or not you are in a clan, but actually running a clan becomes so difficult once you pass 10 or 15 players.

One last thing 343i, please don't hate everything you put into the game. Bungie began catering to the unskilled players who had the time to whine. There isn't a single map in reach multiplayer with the scorpion left. Don't put things in the game and then cave to the whiners who cannot handle the strategy it takes to get around them. Make the community get used to what you have put in the game.

That is all.

• Like 2

I hate clans. Clans tend to be "LOL ALL IN random Clan 120 ARE NOOBS! US IN clan number 425 ARE AWSOME! JOIN US!!!!!!!" I tend to just stay from clans entirely. Even if I am in a clan, if a fellow clan member is on the opposite team and say "DONT SHOOT! IM IN YOUR CLAN!" I shoot. Sorry, Team Slayer. Thats the point.

Yup, if anything clans is what made Halo 2 succesful. Tones of communities sprouted and added to the franchise (like being the first to bringing in podcast, halo stat tracking, and most often the friendliest enviroments). And it was easy to reach each others and see who is online. I dont see how anyone would not like this. Also, I wouldnt mind seeing the clan playlist again.

I know Bungie didnt like how people would remake clans to start at rank 1 again, but its just a minor inconvenience and once past the early levels (everyone could atleast get to 10) then you played your skill level. They should make a way to clear inactive clans however to free up names, like say send the Overlord to confim activity if no clan games have been played or if its been awhile that members have not played togeter in general.

The clan resetting was absolutely an issue, but not big enough to completely scrap the whole thing. Look at armor lock in reach, I personally dont have issues with it. In fact i laugh while tea bagging just outside of the EMP range. Back on track though, so many people complained about it, moreso then the clan issues and all they did was tweak it. Even if they just brought back the clan page within the game and left out the playlists Id be overjoyed. The playlists were a cool idea but its not that hard to set up custom lobbies for clan matches.

I hate clans. Clans tend to be "LOL ALL IN random Clan 120 ARE NOOBS! US IN clan number 425 ARE AWSOME! JOIN US!!!!!!!" I tend to just stay from clans entirely. Even if I am in a clan, if a fellow clan member is on the opposite team and say "DONT SHOOT! IM IN YOUR CLAN!" I shoot. Sorry, Team Slayer. Thats the point.

Well...I am in a clan and I find it better to play with clan people than randoms cause they usually will be trying to kill you for your weapons an such, while in a clan people tend to be more organized (If you're in a good one that is).So lets see if the bring back the halo 2 clan system and if they improved it.

I quite like this, actually. It would work really well with the 'Friends' system in Reach, so you can at a glance see who in your clan is online and join them, especially if you don't want to clog up your friends list with people whom you only play one game with.

Also, welcome to the forums!