No Bloom

Three Bad Boys

Like I said, they could make the existing playlist sections and make some new playlist sections under the original ones, but the ones that are new could be ZB and then everyone gets what they want.

Yeah that would be great. I only want something other than 4v4 for zero bloom, preferably Double Team. That way I don't have to play customs if I want to play 2v2. One can hope!

So I thought I'd give an anecdotal update. I haven't played a bloom gametype in a long time since the TU Playlist came out, and even then only once or twice in Team Doubles. I decided to try out Arena again, which I can't even remember the last time I played. Maybe I did exaggerate on the effects of bloom....

Nope. It was worse than I remembered. I was shocked at how much it completely inhibited by skill from showing through. After a minute of seeing people not die no matter what technique I used with the DMR, I decided to grab the one thing not rendered useless by bloom: the sniper. I then proceeded to get 15 sniper kills, 13 of which were headshots. After that, I returned back to the TU Playlist, where I upheld my usual dominance.

You have to see this from the perspective of way above average players. Bloom is awful.

This is why I would LOVE to have a zero bloom Team Doubles playlist :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the Instinct vs Classic series, which was one of the most intense series I have ever seen, I have to give an update. If there is a single person out there who thinks bloom takes more skill or is more entertaining to watch, then you have never been more wrong about something in your entire life.

Bloom has existed since Halo CE, therefore your argument is invalid.

Jesus how many times is someone going to say the same thing. I don't care that there was some type of bloom-like mechanic in past games. What I do know is that if I shot someone in the head in past Halos who was one shot, they died. Similarly, 99% of battle outcomes were determined by who could aim better. This couldn't be any less true in default Reach.

Jesus how many times is someone going to say the same thing. I don't care that there was some type of bloom-like mechanic in past games. What I do know is that if I shot someone in the head in past Halos who was one shot, they died. Similarly, 99% of battle outcomes were determined by who could aim better. This couldn't be any less true in default Reach.

Don't you just love pulling statistics out of your ass.

If I shot someone in the head in Halo: Reach who was one shot they die. What's your point?

Don't you just love pulling statistics out of your ass.

If I shot someone in the head in Halo: Reach who was one shot they die. What's your point?

The combination of bloom and sprint results in people not being punished for their mistakes and slows the game down way too much. My point is that there is a conflict of interest. We are trying to decide what the most skill based gametype is, and those that are not as good are obviously going to say bloom because they know it is MUCH harder to beat someone better than they are with zero bloom. On the other hand, every single one of the top players in the world prefers zero bloom because they know it takes the most skill. I think their opinion is slightly more credible on this matter. It is blatantly obvious that that is what's going on. As a result, it annoys me when people beat around the bush and refuse to acknowledge this.

I couldn't care less if someone is good at Reach or not. It's just for fun. But don't have lesser skilled players try to say what takes the most skill. That's illogical and results in them claiming the opposite of what is true.

I promise from personal experience that this is true. Every once in a while I will jump in the Team Doubles playlist, but it's like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. The outcomes are completely meaningless, and at the end of the game nobody really has any idea who the best player is. I can't tell you the number of times I've followed such a scenario up with a friendly zero bloom 1v1, and it's usually 15-0, 15-1, somewhere in that range. On the other hand, it was 25-23 with bloom on 2v2. Bloom prevents skill from shining through, plain and simple.

maybe the problem is that you cant shoot well, practice more!

I didnt play ZB, but Super Slayer really gives a skill gap in the players. Its always fun winning a game being the only positive player on the team, winning a match thats 2 on 4 for a full game, and loosing with a personal score of 28 - 3 - 6...

Just going to drop this here. How can you say this doesn't take more skill? He choked and I killed him with 5 shots. NEVER would have happened with bloom.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kfOIU3JFPZc

I admit, this is true. But did you see how easy it was to get that kill? No offense AT ALL, but that sniper deserved that kill.