How I see the DMR/BR in halo 4

popje

All true Halo fans remember that halo 2 e3 2004 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmrT5-WolI

It was a mix of the BR and the DMR, when you dont scope, you get 3 shots burst, like the BR, and when you scope, you get single shots, like the DMR

if you dont feel like watching the entire video, the part with the br/dmr is at 3:18

thats how I see the perfect halo 4 DMR/BR

anyone agree with me ?

• Like 1

I know right, I prefer the DMR in long range and I prefer the BR in close range.

Anyway, in halo 3, im not sure if it was meant to be like that but it was nearly impossible to kill people in long range with the BR, you had to aim like one meter in front of a running guy to hit him, all the time, im pretty sure it was just because halo 3 had more overall lags.

Anyway, in halo 3, im not sure if it was meant to be like that but it was nearly impossible to kill people in long range with the BR, you had to aim like one meter in front of a running guy to hit him, all the time, im pretty sure it was just because halo 3 had more overall lags.

Nah, it was intentional, it was to try and help map movement because once people got really good with it in Halo 2 everyone got afraid to walk into the open.

Anyway, I kind of like the idea, but would that mean bullets would do different amounts of damage depending on whether you were scoped or unscoped? Also, how do you sort the firing rate cap, is it just as fast as your finger can pull the trigger (which would work better if bullets did the same amount of damage) or is is restricted (which is better if they do more)?

It's an interesting thought, but it needs some more explaining before I'd get excited over it.

thanks everyone who like my idea, I dont know why it never made it into halo 2 in the first place.

Nah, it was intentional, it was to try and help map movement because once people got really good with it in Halo 2 everyone got afraid to walk into the open.

Anyway, I kind of like the idea, but would that mean bullets would do different amounts of damage depending on whether you were scoped or unscoped? Also, how do you sort the firing rate cap, is it just as fast as your finger can pull the trigger (which would work better if bullets did the same amount of damage) or is is restricted (which is better if they do more)?

It's an interesting thought, but it needs some more explaining before I'd get excited over it.

well it seem like, in that halo 2 video, the one shot firing had the same damage but was very fast and would pull just a bit less damage over a long distance than bursting from a short distance, they could slower the fire rate and make it more like the dmr when scoping and change the bullet damage to fit to get a good balance. For the rate cap, it depends if they change or not the bullet damage. If its like in the video where the bullet damage isnt changed and you need to fire very quickly to do a good damage, i'd vote for the hold the trigger and it shoot automatically like the halo reach needle rifle. Im highly against having a gun with no firing rate cap or a really small cap to avoid people using rapid fire controllers or something like that.

In my opinion, the burst damage should be exactly like Halo 2-3, and the scoping single shots should do a bit more damage with a decent firing rate cap (like the DMR, but with no bloom)

only thing is that it would be unrealistic ? maybe the gun would have two different bullets magazine that you'd need to keep an eye on your remaining ammo?

Another idea would be to have a br/dmr that can be switched manually for burst or single shots, thats it.