Armor ability theory..halo4 good idea or bad?

GODSABOMINATION

So we saw that in the trailer masterchief used some type of jet pack ability! Which was confirmed to be a thruster! Then "A Spartan sprinting across concrete should be a stealthy whisper" was posted on the h4 Bulletin!

These are the sorts of experiences we want to give to players!

So my theory is- what if since theyre using the halo reach engine for halo 4 but more polished! What if they couldnt rid of the armor abilities whole from the engine. An to balance it out they might of added " thruster " an maybe " sprint " maybe there wont be armor abilities as we now from reach..but what if these arent always there what if in certain missions chief had to use these?what do u think

I agree that 'armor abilities' could make an appearance in the campaign possibly. I think they're going in the way of pickups if they return to AA's, that's just my opinion. Apparently Frank O'Connor said they are trying new things and that he didn't like armor lock.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/1856-halo-4-trailer-the-jet-pack-master-chief-used-explained/page__p__17211__hl__thrusters__fromsearch__1#entry17211

Then "A Spartan sprinting across concrete should be a stealthy whisper" was posted on the h4 Bulletin!

So my theory is- what if since they're using the halo reach engine for halo 4 but more polished! What if they couldnt rid of the armor abilities whole from the engine.

In regards to "sprinting", a Spartan runs faster than the average soldier, the "...sprinting across concrete......" is a statement to their "stealthy" movements.

I have posted a number of actual quotes and direct comments by Frank O'Conner and the development team that state 343 Studios was there during the creation of the Reach engine. They are, therefore, capable of removing the AA portion of the Spartans abilities from what I have read. The only reason they were used for the HCEA match making was due to the overwhelming amount of work and financial burden of creating a whole new engine to support play on such a limited number of maps, as well as, offering a new "DLC" to Reach which adds life to the game. Remember too that they were already creating Halo 4, in it's infancy, to be played using the Reach, Halo 3 and Saber engines.

There may continue to be a pick ups like the H3 Bubble Shield or Gravity Lift or power ups like Invisibility or Over Shield. It would not surprise me if a few more were added. I truly believe the days of the Armor abilities are over with Reach.

If they really are to fucus on the weight and feel on the suit, I just hope they dont do anything with the jumping or gun animations when master chief lands. I hate it in COD when the player lands and the gun goes down on the HUD. If a spartan is capaple of lifting his arms, he should probably also be capable of lifting a gun that weiths 1/4 of what one arm does. A gun that moves when you walk and shoot is not a problem, but keep the jumping from CE please.