Thanks 343 for nothing.

Decree117

While i could understand what bungie tried to achieve with aa's, they are not designed for halo, and spoiled reach. Sprint and evade. whilst cool ideas, basically are ways of speeding up a game which has slowed down dramatically since halo 1 and 2. Evade also makes it feel like gears, and that is one of the major problems of gears. The rolling about sprinting and using double beatdown/close combat weapons is frustrating. Armour lock is just flawed and the jetpack affects map design too much, as you must accomodate for it. Note maybe this is why reach's maps are generally so awful. And don't get me started on how they butchered camo!

In fact if it wasn't for the fact I hate moving so slow, the only good aa is drop shield, which is basically a bubble shield anyway.

AA's are not suitable for halo, as they mean that upon starting, people are not equal. Someone has sprint, someone has jetpack, halo was always about equality on spawn, which is why loadouts are flawed.

Equipment is far superior. It can affect the gameplay, but cannot be used 24/7. Therefore it must be used tactfully. The fact that it has area effects also mean teamplay is involved, something which before reach was always key in halo, but wasn't at all in reach. Where and when should i use it to get the best effect. I can use the grav lift to get over the wall on high ground. My team mate is injured, i'll protect him with regen/bubble shield.

The other thing about aa's is you spawn with them. Equipment and powerups required map control, something that again lacks in reach. aa's have a big impact on gameplay in reach. But i feel this has been a mainly negative effect, and they shouldn't feature in halo 4.

• Like 1

While i could understand what bungie tried to achieve with aa's, they are not designed for halo, and spoiled reach. Sprint and evade. whilst cool ideas, basically are ways of speeding up a game which has slowed down dramatically since halo 1 and 2. Evade also makes it feel like gears, and that is one of the major problems of gears. The rolling about sprinting and using double beatdown/close combat weapons is frustrating. Armour lock is just flawed and the jetpack affects map design too much, as you must accomodate for it. Note maybe this is why reach's maps are generally so awful. And don't get me started on how they butchered camo!In fact if it wasn't for the fact I hate moving so slow, the only good aa is drop shield, which is basically a bubble shield anyway.AA's are not suitable for halo, as they mean that upon starting, people are not equal. Someone has sprint, someone has jetpack, halo was always about equality on spawn, which is why loadouts are flawed. Equipment is far superior. It can affect the gameplay, but cannot be used 24/7. Therefore it must be used tactfully. The fact that it has area effects also mean teamplay is involved, something which before reach was always key in halo, but wasn't at all in reach. Where and when should i use it to get the best effect. I can use the grav lift to get over the wall on high ground. My team mate is injured, i'll protect him with regen/bubble shield.The other thing about aa's is you spawn with them. Equipment and powerups required map control, something that again lacks in reach. aa's have a big impact on gameplay in reach. But i feel this has been a mainly negative effect, and they shouldn't feature in halo 4.

I say: different playlists for different gameplay.

Well i guess armor abilities will be in halo 4.....If that is true i don't care because i will not buy it. There will be other great games out. It is a shame to see such an amazing game go downhill. So halo 4,5 and 6 will suck. Hey 343 add a bunch of other random stuff into halo 4. Lets add weapon perks and attachments. Why don't you guys call up treyarch and epic games and ask them for some ideas. A cover system would be nice as well.

How bout when you get a kill you become superman and shoot lazers out of your eyes. The real question is... did bungie and 343 get there balls chopped off? Why do they always listen to clowns on the forums who come up with horrible ideas. WHAT ABOUT THE REAL PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE CE? Well we are going to give you a HALO CE REACH MULTIPLAYER! wow thanks a lot. Don't want to disrupt reaches awesome online? hahaha 343 you are all scared of what halo used to be... a fun game. Just put halo 2 back online.

Nobody gives a **** whether or not you like this game. 343 made the defiant map pack and i think they did a damn good job. Also here is a shout out to all the people who hate halo reach: You can just play the classic slayer playlist and it plays just like halo ce so you don't have to deal with AAs.

• Like 1

I have too agree.Halo CEA needed the new multiplyer, I really wanted to use that magnum online (Co-op doesn't count!) 343 needs too keep the fundimentals of halo the sameas they were in Halo 1 2 and 3. Great storyline, greatmusic and and yet fun gameplay. Something that will always be good. 343 needs to do something INSANE, push to envolope a little. THAT IS WHAT MADE HALO and if they use that in the future Halos,it will make Halo CE's success look pathetic.

P.S. REACH had none of these, new gameplay hadsome fun things (Jet packs, Forge World) But it took away Almost everything else fun. (Fire grenades, high jumping, Elite customization, Good looking weapons, good music, funny grunts, Classic armor, STORYLINE!!!!!!, fun Campagin, ( I could play 1-3's Campaginsg for years.)Please, add on to this nearly endless list in this subject.

Thanks,

BraverKING514

343 don't kill halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

In my opinion, the only things that hurt Reach were all of the armor abilities, except for sprint. I would hate to sound like I'm dissing on Halo but if there is anything other shooter developers got right, it was the ability to sprint in game. Other than that, I would be glad to see the armor abilities diminished. And to those thinking that CE: Anniversary will kill Halo -- don't buy it then. It was Combat Evolved that brought me into the world of gaming, so it is an important game to me too but if you think that simply rereleasing the game 10 years later kills the game, than you are insane. I can't wait to see how the Halo franchise pans out when anniversary and Halo 4 are released.

I have too agree.Halo CEA needed the new multiplyer, I really wanted to use that magnum online (Co-op doesn't count!) 343 needs too keep the fundimentals of halo the sameas they were in Halo 1 2 and 3. Great storyline, greatmusic and and yet fun gameplay. Something that will always be good. 343 needs to do something INSANE, push to envolope a little. THAT IS WHAT MADE HALO and if they use that in the future Halos,it will make Halo CE's success look pathetic.

P.S. REACH had none of these, new gameplay hadsome fun things (Jet packs, Forge World) But it took away Almost everything else fun. (Fire grenades, high jumping, Elite customization, Good looking weapons, good music, funny grunts, Classic armor, STORYLINE!!!!!!, fun Campagin, ( I could play 1-3's Campaginsg for years.)Please, add on to this nearly endless list in this subject.

Thanks,

BraverKING514

343 don't kill halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

the only thing different between the original Combat Evolved and Anniversary are the graphics and online multiplayer. Anniversary's campaign will be so impeccably similar to the original that you can actually switch to the original version in game and what you are doing will be no different. Cutscreens, voice overs, soundtrack -- all the same.

the only thing different between the original Combat Evolved and Anniversary are the graphics and online multiplayer. Anniversary's campaign will be so impeccably similar to the original that you can actually switch to the original version in game and what you are doing will be no different. Cutscreens, voice overs, soundtrack -- all the same.

The multiplayer in Halo: CEA will have Reach's multilplayer engine (Reach's engine rather) which is a good thing. We don't want a 10 year old graphics engine to run a game that comes out in a few months, even if it is a remake.

Assassination-animations have already been confirmed in Halo: CEA Multiplayer.. So we'll see how much Reach has influence them.

By the way - I don't see how complaining about Halo Reach will help the Halo 4 section. 343 hasn't released too many details about Halo 4. It makes no sense to me to get mad while we are still playing the waiting game.. :coffee:

• Like 1

The problem isn't the AA's. It's the community. They abuse them. If you make them pick-ups, with the Reach community, they will just betray their team mate if they get it first and then go cry about it. Same with power weapons on some games. A guy betrayed me today for the DMR on Boneyard in the fire phase in Invasion even though it spawns back in like 15 seconds. It's not even a power weapon. So what do you think people will do when someone takes a jet-pack they wanted or a drop shield or active camo or armor lock or some new better AA. They will betray you obviously. And unless you fix the betrayal system, nothing will happen. Just get over it, 10 months and you're still crying about Armor Lock when you can just nade spam the crap out of them while they're in it until they come out then the explode from all the nades.

I barely remember people betraying for weapons and other pickups in halo 2 and 3! do you know why! BECAUSE THERE WAS A REAL RANKING SYSTEM AND NO MATTER WHO YOU WERE PLAYING WITH THEY WANTED TO WIN TO RANK UP! Halo never needed these stupid additions. Sprint is stupid.. theres no more nade placement against good people because everyone can sprint away. Slows gameplay down and other reasons. The trilogy was a masterpiece, by adding sprint and other pointless add ons it makes it feel like every other game that after a while just gets boring. HALO DOES NOT NEED THIS 343! BRING BACK THE HALO 2 DAYS. I'm actually about to go buy halo 3 again today cause it is amazing. I Bought reach again and sold it a day later because it's a joke! I actually laughed at how bad the game was and how much bull**** happens on it.

Well i guess armor abilities will be in halo 4.....If that is true i don't care because i will not buy it. There will be other great games out. It is a shame to see such an amazing game go downhill. So halo 4,5 and 6 will suck. Hey 343 add a bunch of other random stuff into halo 4. Lets add weapon perks and attachments. Why don't you guys call up treyarch and epic games and ask them for some ideas. A cover system would be nice as well.

How bout when you get a kill you become superman and shoot lazers out of your eyes. The real question is... did bungie and 343 get there balls chopped off? Why do they always listen to clowns on the forums who come up with horrible ideas. WHAT ABOUT THE REAL PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE CE? Well we are going to give you a HALO CE REACH MULTIPLAYER! wow thanks a lot. Don't want to disrupt reaches awesome online? hahaha 343 you are all scared of what halo used to be... a fun game. Just put halo 2 back online.

Dude those are thrusters which were introduced in halo 2 so research ur facts before posting articles that make u look like a 8==D armor abilties are a great feature sure some people use them to be 8==D's but im pretty sure when u played reach u used them so please i would like u too reconsider ur ideas on halo 4 people are excited about Halo 4 so plz stop trolling the forums.Be happy Halo isn't dead and isn't controlled by treyarc or infinty ward.Im glad Bungie chose them to continue the series i know they will do justice to halo

• Like 1

I barely remember people betraying for weapons and other pickups in halo 2 and 3! do you know why! BECAUSE THERE WAS A REAL RANKING SYSTEM AND NO MATTER WHO YOU WERE PLAYING WITH THEY WANTED TO WIN TO RANK UP! Halo never needed these stupid additions. Sprint is stupid.. theres no more nade placement against good people because everyone can sprint away. Slows gameplay down and other reasons. The trilogy was a masterpiece, by adding sprint and other pointless add ons it makes it feel like every other game that after a while just gets boring. HALO DOES NOT NEED THIS 343! BRING BACK THE HALO 2 DAYS. I'm actually about to go buy halo 3 again today cause it is amazing. I Bought reach again and sold it a day later because it's a joke! I actually laughed at how bad the game was and how much bull**** happens on it.

OMG u cant kill someone with grenades OMG the game must really suck.Ur so right about that.(sarcasm)This is not about reach its about halo 4 plz stop being such a whiney ***** complaining about how u cant kill with grenades because someone uses the AA to not die.Im pretty sure the point of every game is not to die so of course the guy is going to run away from dying u idiot.

Dude those are thrusters which were introduced in halo 2 so research ur facts before posting articles that make u look like a 8==D armor abilties are a great feature sure some people use them to be 8==D's but im pretty sure when u played reach u used them so please i would like u too reconsider ur ideas on halo 4 people are excited about Halo 4 so plz stop trolling the forums.Be happy Halo isn't dead and isn't controlled by treyarc or infinty ward.Im glad Bungie chose them to continue the series i know they will do justice to halo

Get my facts straight? go read the article where they state that halo 4 will have armor abilities you idiot. I never even mentioned the halo 4 trailer anyway haha. can you read? I am defending an amazing trilogy that needs to carry on. Leave.

Get my facts straight? go read the article where they state that halo 4 will have armor abilities you idiot. I never even mentioned the halo 4 trailer anyway haha. can you read? I am defending an amazing trilogy that needs to carry on. Leave.

FTW, hey u know where the article is? i agree with you i just want ot read the article

Thanks,

BraverKING514

Are they putting reach engine in CEs multiplayer?if so its trash

Well it's usually the 10 year olds who are new to Halo and Reach is their first game. They never played the ones before, so they weren't there. Everyone was chill back then. Suddenly, little kids think they're cool for playing, and think they're cool for betraying and using power weapons and sucking with them. And it's change, you just need to adapt. If you don't like it, then yeah, go play Halo 3. Not as many people, but there are still people there.

I been around for all the games and I think AA are no different from the pick ups in halo 3, and people come on, only noobs complain, pros adjust get over it, halo will still be awesome even without u

• Like 1

I been around for all the games and I think AA are no different from the pick ups in halo 3, and people come on, only noobs complain, pros adjust get over it, halo will still be awesome even without u

I have to disagree slightly. Equipment at least has a set usage, then you have to grab another one, if it spawns. I do agree that people need to get over their ego's and just admit defeat when they are beaten countless times over and over again, rather than blame the game and it's features.

If they do include armor abilities, I think the best route to go in would be making the abilities function like the H3 equipment. For the love of god do not make them starting equipment, and do not use loadouts. Make them fought over and controlled, like most weapons. That was the key to equipment being such a great addition to Halo. You had to fight for the right to use them and obtain them, not simply spawn and be given a choice of various ones.

I have to disagree slightly. Equipment at least has a set usage, then you have to grab another one, if it spawns. I do agree that people need to get over their ego's and just admit defeat when they are beaten countless times over and over again, rather than blame the game and it's features.

Well I for one have 107 victories and 40 defeats with a 1.5 kill ratio in area and 147 games is all I could play before I gave up Reach because of it's new features.(that was 8 months ago) So I doubt people are blaming AA's for their losses, I'm not because I am a Halo machine. But it is fair for people to give their opinion on why they don't like an aspect of a game, and it is also ok for members to single out that certain aspect in hatred. (that isn't frowned upon on this forum often as it should) It's not a matter ego it's a matter of what a person or people want in their Halo. Trying to slander somebody because their opinion conflicts with yours just shows a lack of intelligence. (that sounds a bit rude huh? well we are all flamin in here anyway)

I'm not speaking as a moderator I'm speaking as a fan. :mellow: And I am also trying to secretly defend my deep rooted hatred for the AA's! :rolleyes:

Halo for me in a nutshell

Loved Halo Reach.

Loved Halo ODST

Loved Halo Wars

Liked Halo 3

Liked Halo 2

Loved Halo CE

for me:

Loved Halo CE

Loved Halo 2 more

LOVED Halo 3 with a burning passion

Married Halo Wars

Divorced murdered and raped Halo: Reach

Well it's usually the 10 year olds who are new to Halo and Reach is their first game. They never played the ones before, so they weren't there. Everyone was chill back then. Suddenly, little kids think they're cool for playing, and think they're cool for betraying and using power weapons and sucking with them. And it's change, you just need to adapt. If you don't like it, then yeah, go play Halo 3. Not as many people, but there are still people there.

Yea, just yesterday I saw 10 year olds talking about how good they are at Halo, it was funny!