Tu all playlists

Jhorse02

So you're a good player and you know good players. Big deal. Winning isn't everything and not everyone's a pro. If everyone was, I still wouldn't care because it wouldn't be impressive anyway. Also, there are 100,000+ players on Reach per day. Quite frankly, with that many players how can you be sure you know the best?

And I actually edited my post because I'd simply forgotten to write it the first time.

If you really knew the Halo Reach community then you would KNOW who the best are right away.

So you're a good player and you know good players. Big deal. Winning isn't everything and not everyone's a pro. If everyone was, I still wouldn't care because it wouldn't be impressive anyway

You are aware Mystic is actually probably the best player on here after Biggles, right? And even then that's only because he's MLG.

You're the one that brought it up(see above quote), I was only correcting a few people I saw who were making grand statments that were not true., with little to no skill or play time to back up those grand statments.

there are 100,000+ players on Reach per day.

100k players per day? Do you even play Halo Reach? 50% of the time it sits at 30k players, with it being 65k at its peak most days with it being only 90k for one day and only reaching 100k for an hour.... Yeah sure, that's 100k players per day in dreamland...

If you really knew the Halo Reach community then you would KNOW who the best are right away.

I never claimed to. I pointed out that there are a lot of players. There will be players who are brilliant who don't come on the forums. They'd be hard to find.

You're the one that brought it up

Allow me to answer that with a quote.

Well if they Are the best players you have on this site, I am very sad *tear goes down face*....

Also does that also mean you guys put your worst accounts up for show as your gamertags, but really you have your pro accounts hidden? And if they are your real accounts, does that also mean that I am the new best player on this site lol?

100k players per day? Do you even play Halo Reach? 50% of the time it sits at 30k players, with it being 65k at its peak most days with it being only 90k for one day and only reaching 100k for an hour.... Yeah sure, that's 100k players per day in dreamland...

And allow me to direct you to this. I'm sure you'll recognise the bit where it says how many players have been on in the last 24 hours. Which, at time of posting, is actually significantly more than I estimated.

• Like 1

I never claimed to. I pointed out that there are a lot of players. There will be players who are brilliant who don't come on the forums. They'd be hard to find.

When I pointed out that she was a noob, it was to make the point that how could she know and make those grand statements when she does not have the playtime or skill to back up those statements. And then "you" came in and started talking about who was the better player....

Allow me to answer that with a quote.

You're forgetting the fact that the quote you are providing me with is a reply to the quote I gave you... No game dude, that only works if you give me a quote BEFORE the quote I gave you... So in other words, I win this little argument, unless you can provide me with proof BEFORE the quote I gave you.

And allow me to direct you to this. I'm sure you'll recognise the bit where it says how many players have been on in the last 24 hours. Which, at time of posting, is actually significantly more than I estimated

Oh I see, I thought you meant 100k players on at one time. That was my mistake by misreading what you wrote.

• Like 1

Fix'd.

You are aware Mystic is actually probably the best player on here after Biggles, right? And even then that's only because he's MLG.

Red Rocket are you kidding me with this statement? No doubt Biggles is a good player, but stating Mystic is the best player after him is, well, funny. I mean no disrespect to Mystic, but you are way off the mark with that comment.

No offense to anyone here, but your all biased. every single one of you whom have posted that the TU is good or should be applied to all gametypes and playlists are not casual gamers. You are the hardcore or competative types. This is exactly why I no longer play Reach. I dont have time to go thru and monitor my friends to see when they get on to do custom games so I have to use the Matchmaking lobby. Forcing me, a casual come and go guy to play by TU rules is ridiculous! Lets get one thing straight, everyone loves ZB so much because they didn't have there wittle pee shooter Battle Wiffle....awewww to f-in bad. Deal with it. Don't force me to play TU just because 343 wanted to please the MLG types after getting flamed by them.

Can anyone else say "sell out"? Sure, lets go one sided and make everyone play with settings that only a vast majority of competative players enjoy. Again, this is exactly why i almost never did and never will play MM, I will play FF instead. I dont like being told how and by what rules I absolutely have to play by. I pay a damn good amount of money for my family to enjoy Live, and I shouyld be able to choose which version of Reach I want to play period. neither 343i or Microsoft could possibly balt out a good enough reasonable defense or reason as to why I should be forced into TU settings.

Furthermore for the record....the TU settings are not classic Halo. ZB means exactly that zero error! Where in halo ahs there ever been 0 error on a weapon. Do I need to post up those error values again for everyone? Classic Halo is almost always referred to as CE settings, which are wildly different from any other Halo title to date. The only Halo game that closely in terms of physics and handling ressemble Halo 1 at is Halo 3. Again, I can post the pulled data to support this if need be.

But enough of my piss in your cornflakes rant that I am sure has angered everyone......in the end, it should be a choice, not a dictated and forced one. Give us the option of playing TU settings or not. DO NOT APPLY TU ACROSS ALL PLAYLISTS!!!!!

• Like 3

I dont like being told how and by what rules I absolutely have to play by. I pay a damn good amount of money for my family to enjoy Live, and I shouyld be able to choose which version of Reach I want to play period. neither 343i or Microsoft could possibly balt out a good enough reasonable defense or reason as to why I should be forced into TU settings.

I hate to say this Twin because I usually agree with most of what you say, even though I am a highly competitive player. BUT

When I said that I didn't like the sword in team doubles, I was told numerous times to adapt. If we all take a step back and look at it, this isn't OUR game. We as a community are not updating and patching and fixing this game. It is 343's game now. We need to accept where they are taking this game. We can suggest and ***** and moan and complain all we want, but in the end, 343 is going to do what they want to do.

One thing people have to understand is, yes 343 is in the consumer pleasing business of game development. But that doesn't mean that everyone can be pleased. Reach was a giant splash into the calm ocean that was the Halo series. I admit, I have had my troubles with Reach too. I rarely remember being griefed by one weapon so much in Halo 3. (energy sword, i hate you) But that doesn't mean I can just dictate what I want this game to be. 343 is doing what it can for the community. We need to be patient, perhaps even so far as to wait for Halo 4.

NOW

my suggestion is that we separate the casuals from the competitive. The casuals hate playing with competitive types, and the competitive types hate playing with casuals. I think that we need to add the TU to competitive type playlists, and keep the Vanilla settings for casuals.

my playlists would be as follows.

TU - Competitve - Non ranked - DMR Starts always

AA include - Sprint/Hologram/Bubble Shield

Enclosed and Uncaged removed from all competitve playlists

Adding in Unanchored - Removed Bungie's Asylum - Added Community's remake of Asylum

Team Slayer - 4v4 going to 50

Squad Battle/Squad Objective - 5v5 75 kills / objective

Team Snipers - 4v4 - updated taking out uncaged adding in select adding in Shotty Snipers

Swat - 4v4 - taking out uncaged/sword base

Team Objective - 4v4

FFA - 10 minute to top score Mix of DMR/Slayer Pro

Vanilla - Casual - non ranked - Mix DMR/Non DMR starts

All AA available including Bubble shield - minus evade

Team Slayer - 4v4 to 50

Big Team Battle - 8v8 100

Swat - 4v4 to 50

Multi-Team - 4 teams of 2!!!

Invasion - 8v8

Rumble Pit - grab bag of games

Action Sack - 4v4 grab bag of mini games including griffball / rocket race

Elite Playlists - 4v4 mix of slayer and objectives for the Elites

TU - Arena - Ranked - Tweaked Arena Settings

AA's should be included on map - Start with sprint

Arena - Pro gametype added - DMR Starts 1 Frag Sprint No radar no powerweapons

Arena Slayer - 4v4 to 50

MLG - 4v4/objective

Arena Doubles - 2v2 to 25

Updates to gameplay would include -

Nerfed Grenades - 75% damage from grenades - Blast radius to 80%

80% Bloom - Just feels right

Weapon placement on maps tweaked

Jetpack will not start to recharge until touching ground.

Unsure about the living dead playlist - i assume it would be in casuals but unsure if it would take on the TU settings.

I would add more living dead or zombie gametypes.

• Like 1

My main problem is not the game itself or the mechanics. I can play on either TU settings or classic. I prefer classic but can appriciate TU as well. The playlists are supposed to be maintained and.created with the sole purpose of giving players options to enhance their gaming experience. Forcing people to play playlists that use only TU settings defeats the entire purpose of having them.

True that I could simply just make custom games, but friends are not always available or willing to play when I have time. So the only choice I have is to.either not play, or use the playlists. Using the playlists again, offers me no.choice at all since they want to apply the TU settings to everything...assuming that a majority of people agree on having the TU settings. Dog and I had a discussion the other night, bringing to light that a wider majority of players dont join sites or.use any type of.feedback tool given the time it takesbfrom real life.

As you can see my playlist suggestion includes that choice, so I am right there with you. But making the TU not available in some playlists that some might consider more competitive than others seems ridiculous to me. And adding the TU to more casual playlists seems ridiculous as well.

Hence my suggestion to split the playlists so that we can have everything we want. Our cake and eat it, too one might say.

My playlist suggestions ,mind you, have the EXACT same amount of lists there are now....

I care for what happens to Reach because it's my favourite Halo game and I enjoy playing it when I have the time to do so. Have you played with me AT ALL? No, you have not. Sure my OVERALL KD isn't too great, but if you'd actually pay attention to my individual playlist KDs, you'll see that I'm perfectly capable of going positive. Until you've played a few games with me, you have no right to sit here and tell me that I suck. You've never seen me play. So please, shut your mouth.

I haven't commented on every single post. I've commented only on posts I feel I am able to counter and those that I would like to offer my own opinion on. These people are not idiots because they agree with me, and the reason they may do so is because I (for the most part) know what I'm talking about. I'm not the one who needs to get a life. You come into this thread to insult me, imply that you know for a fact if I'm a good player or not, and say that anyone who agrees with me or the points I make is an idiot simply because I have an overall negative KD. I hate to break it to you, but gameplay skill and knowledge of how the game works do not go hand in hand. Just because I may or may not be the best, does not mean that I don't know how the game works. Likewise, just because I know may or may not know how the game works, doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to be more or less skilled in said game.

It sounds to me like you're the one who needs to get a life. I have things to do during the day. Those things don't include coming to a message board and acting like a child by insulting others just because I disagree with them. If you're going to be a part of this community, you'd better learn how to show some respect towards your fellow members. The hate and insults you're spewing aren't going to gain you any friendships here, I'm afraid. Most certainly not from me.

• Like 1

I have cleared the quoted post from this thread and I am removing the quote. Absolute Dog.

You have no right to talk to a fellow member like that as you hold no form of power over anyone and cannot judge anyone on anything or their playing ability based on their K/D, K/D means nothing, i could have a 0.6 K/D but i could still be better then you, Mystic is an important and valued member of this forum, so of course we will listen to her opinion and what she has to say, she post valued and respectful stuff which is great and helpful.

Get a life? you don't know her personally so how can you say that? maybe you should get off your high horse and stop trolling people.

Edited by Absolute Dog
I have edited Bigs posted response to the deleted quoted post.
  • Like 1

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC

i reckon that out of the 3 vote (2 maps and 1 none of the above vote) that one should be allocated to the TU, so that people who like it can vote and people who dont can vote for their gametype, and this should apply to ALL competitive playlists