Armor Abilities in Halo 4

anipopy

Should there be amor abilities in Halo 4? I personally think the amor abilities ruined Reach and made it harder to kill your enemies. But what do you think, should there be amor abilities in Halo 4 or not?

Theres a hundred other threads about this and the answer is no. Leave them to rot in halo reach. Leave them there forever.

No, they ruined halo reach

If you're going to say they ruined it, you could at least give some reasons why. I personally don't mind armour abilties. Halo has needed a sprinting feature for quite a while, and none of the abilties bother me all that much. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, and they also add some variety to the game. I would have preferred AAs besides sprint to be pickups, but I don't mind them being choices in the respawn menu either.

If you're going to say they ruined it, you could at least give some reasons why. I personally don't mind armour abilties.

I can do that for him:

Sprint- Purpose: to increase the speed of the game. Result: people escape more often, spawn trapping is easier, game is slowed down, spartans are slowed.

Armor Lock- Purpose: To allow people to survive against vehicles and power weapons. Result: Whenever a person is about to die, go into armor lock and delay or escape their death.

Active Camp- Purpose: To allow steathly gameplay. Result: People camp flags and objectives in corners. People hide in corners to assassinate others.

Jetpack- Purpose: To add another dimension to gun fights. Result: Added another dimension to fights. This one actually worked.

Hologram- Purpose: To confuse the enemy and trap them. Result: Noobs are confused, good players shoot you anyway.

Drop Shield- Purpose: To protect yourself and your teammates and heal yourself in combat. Result: when people are in trouble, players drop the shield and prolong their death. People also drop shields around objectives to camp and defend them.

Evade- Purpose: To dodge bullets and give you an advantage in a firefight. Result: People in low health evade out of death. Gives crazy mobility across the map. Pro players choose it over all others because of the movement it allows.

None of the abilities make it easy to kill others. None of them are offensive abilities. All of them cause reach to slow down, because it takes long to kill the users. Thats why they need to go, reach was already slow with bloom adding AAs makes the time to kill soooooooo long games last forever.

• Like 1

If you're going to say they ruined it, you could at least give some reasons why. I personally don't mind armour abilties. Halo has needed a sprinting feature for quite a while, and none of the abilties bother me all that much. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, and they also add some variety to the game. I would have preferred AAs besides sprint to be pickups, but I don't mind them being choices in the respawn menu either.

Halo does not need sprint! it never did. halo 2 player speed was fine.

YEAH! ADD ARMOR ABILITIES! They need to give us tactile nuke perks that will allow us to instantly win the game without even playing. (obviously sarcastic) But for real, I honestly think there shouldn't be any armor abilities, Armor abilities ruined halo. (IMO)

• Like 1

I quite like Sprint. To get around the problem of players using it to escape death, just set it so it can't be used while shields are down. Suddenly it's mobility-only again.

Players will be able to escape from death no matter what. Even in Halo 3, running away was a legit strategy that worked out very well for the players who knew how. I enjoy the ability to sprint, I hate being slow. :/

I quite like Sprint. To get around the problem of players using it to escape death, just set it so it can't be used while shields are down. Suddenly it's mobility-only again.

But it makes escaping too easy. In halo3, when you were in a firefight most of the time it was impossible to escape. If you started losing the fight, you had to stick with it and try to outskill your opponent. In reach, when you start losing a fight, you sprint away from danger and hide. That is the difference between halo3 and reach. In Halo3 people stood their ground and fought. In reach people use their armor abilities to escape when about to die, like a get out of jail free card.

• Like 2

ive seen how people critisize armor abilities, but MOST of them have a purpose

SPRINT

get around faster. escape death. return and win

ARMOR LOCK

i personally dont like it but its good for disabling vehicles. the emp effect should be removed

DROP SHIELD

good for healing yourself and providing distractions. it could be a bit stronger, but then it would be better without the restoritave effect

HOLOGRAM

supposeldy good for providing diversions or distractions. not very buyable. image should look more solid and turn where the caster looks

EVADE

great for getting around and faking some people out to get assassinations. somewhat difficult to control.

JET PACK

adds great manuverability to maps. thank god the noise gives it away,

ACTIVE CAMO

should last for shorter periods of time, but work better. a shorter run time should discourage camping.

i liked the idea of being able to change abilities to keep the gameplay fresh. some ideas for ones of my own are:

• an area of effect emp generator, which could disable vehicles without completely destroying them. that way, there would be less frustration dealing with people in armor lock while driving
  • a health pack that could be carried around and used to heal teammates, but not fully. this would promote team play, and eliminate a reason to back off. this would have to be a one-and-done, and could not be used off of dead players
  • maybe a smoke screen effect that could hide infantry and help during escapes. could also have a temporary jamming effect

just some ideas... DONT BE HATIN' ON ARMOR ABILITIES

I can do that for him:

Sprint- Purpose: to increase the speed of the game. Result: people escape more often, spawn trapping is easier, game is slowed down, spartans are slowed.

Armor Lock- Purpose: To allow people to survive against vehicles and power weapons. Result: Whenever a person is about to die, go into armor lock and delay or escape their death.

Active Camp- Purpose: To allow steathly gameplay. Result: People camp flags and objectives in corners. People hide in corners to assassinate others.

Jetpack- Purpose: To add another dimension to gun fights. Result: Added another dimension to fights. This one actually worked.

Hologram- Purpose: To confuse the enemy and trap them. Result: Noobs are confused, good players shoot you anyway.

Drop Shield- Purpose: To protect yourself and your teammates and heal yourself in combat. Result: when people are in trouble, players drop the shield and prolong their death. People also drop shields around objectives to camp and defend them.

Evade- Purpose: To dodge bullets and give you an advantage in a firefight. Result: People in low health evade out of death. Gives crazy mobility across the map. Pro players choose it over all others because of the movement it allows.

None of the abilities make it easy to kill others. None of them are offensive abilities. All of them cause reach to slow down, because it takes long to kill the users. Thats why they need to go, reach was already slow with bloom adding AAs makes the time to kill soooooooo long games last forever.

I love the armor abilities and I thought they were evenly balanced. There are options to play games without the armor abilities like classic slayer. Yes, armor lock can escape death but that means it adds a little more stragety to the game not just who has the better aim and a quicker finger. If you feel cheated by armor abilities because the make it harder then play games that don't use them so you can take advantage of your skill not stragety. If you play like you did in old halo games where you just see, shoot, kill and you don't adjust then ya the armor abilities slow the game down. It can be frustrating to be the more skilled player and lose to someone that is not as good as you because of an armor ability, but that just means you have to have a better stragety. You can be the more skilled player but have a weak stragety and that will get you beat. I love it like that because it's about thinking and setting up people not just see, shoot, kill. If you want that play classic slayer.

But ya armor abilities rock and should be back for Halo 4!!!!! However, there needs to be an upgrade system.

Ex. Active camo could have options for extended cloak time or harder to see when moving at fast speeds. Or with armor lock you could extend the EMP blast radius or have a longer time frame for armor lock form 7's to 10's.

Just my opinion. I know most of you don't like them but I love them and think that they should return.

HALO 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A GOOD DAY TO ALL.

I love the armor abilities and I thought they were evenly balanced. There are options to play games without the armor abilities like classic slayer. Yes, armor lock can escape death but that means it adds a little more stragety to the game not just who has the better aim and a quicker finger. If you feel cheated by armor abilities because the make it harder then play games that don't use them so you can take advantage of your skill not stragety. If you play like you did in old halo games where you just see, shoot, kill and you don't adjust then ya the armor abilities slow the game down. It can be frustrating to be the more skilled player and lose to someone that is not as good as you because of an armor ability, but that just means you have to have a better stragety. You can be the more skilled player but have a weak stragety and that will get you beat. I love it like that because it's about thinking and setting up people not just see, shoot, kill. If you want that play classic slayer.

Just my opinion. I know most of you don't like them but I love them and think that they should return.

Youve got a few things wrong here. First, its spelled "strategy," it sounds like you dont know what your talking about when you consistently spell it incorrectly.

Second, AA's do NOT promote strategic gameplay or decisions. Sitting in armor lock or hiding in a corner with active camo is the exact OPPOSITE of what true strategy is. Go watch MLG pros play the game, there you can learn how what the actual strategies for Halo are.

Third, most gamers hate AA's, not just Halo veterans. Actually, this forum is one of the few places people will defend AA's and almost everyone here has been playing since haloCE (Im new so Ive only met about 5 people so Im generalizing here).

Fourth, AA's are not "hard," they are unfair. People dont hate them because they die to them, but because there is no way to defeat them. Armor lock is the perfect example and the lead offender. How do you beat it? You cant hurt them, you cant really reduce the time in it, and cant stop the user from activating it. It has no weakness and reduces you to doing nothing. All AA's leave you helpless to deal with them with the exception of hologram.

Fifth, Halo3 has just as much strategy as Reach. Real strategy isnt in the AA's but in map and weapon control. Sorry but saying Halo3 is all about seeing and shooting makes you look like a noob and appear stupid. Watch this and try to tell me to me that again:

Not trying to be mean to you but when people claim that AA's are a good addition because they add strategy it pisses me off. Its like people saying camping is a strategy because it works.

Youve got a few things wrong here. First, its spelled "strategy," it sounds like you dont know what your talking about when you consistently spell it incorrectly.

Second, AA's do NOT promote strategic gameplay or decisions. Sitting in armor lock or hiding in a corner with active camo is the exact OPPOSITE of what true strategy is. Go watch MLG pros play the game, there you can learn how what the actual strategies for Halo are.

Third, most gamers hate AA's, not just Halo veterans. Actually, this forum is one of the few places people will defend AA's and almost everyone here has been playing since haloCE (Im new so Ive only met about 5 people so Im generalizing here).

Fourth, AA's are not "hard," they are unfair. People dont hate them because they die to them, but because there is no way to defeat them. Armor lock is the perfect example and the lead offender. How do you beat it? You cant hurt them, you cant really reduce the time in it, and cant stop the user from activating it. It has no weakness and reduces you to doing nothing. All AA's leave you helpless to deal with them with the exception of hologram.

Fifth, Halo3 has just as much strategy as Reach. Real strategy isnt in the AA's but in map and weapon control. Sorry but saying Halo3 is all about seeing and shooting makes you look like a noob and appear stupid. Watch this and try to tell me to me that again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq0CgjmVdH4

Not trying to be mean to you but when people claim that AA's are a good addition because they add strategy it pisses me off. Its like people saying camping is a strategy because it works.

Ok, yes I did spell that wrong forgive me, I was in a hurry. I kill people with armor lock all the time with nades and shotgun. To say armor abilities have no weakness i think is a stretch. If you know the time frame of when they activate it and how long they have to go till it runs out you can plan on that. If they lock up throw a nade and wait. If they come after you blast them with the shotgun and if they stay in armor lock throw another nade with timing, it is inescapable and a guaranteed kill. Seems to work for me. I understand why most people don't like the AA's, but I love them.