Multiplayer Maps: Built or Forged?

RedStarRocket91

Multiplayer Maps: Built or Forged?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer Multiplayer maps to be composed mostly of pre-constructed levels or Forged variants of sandboxes?

• I would prefer more Forge sandboxes even if it meant fewer pre-built maps and fewer maps overall.
    • I would prefer more pre-built maps and more maps overall even if it meant fewer Forge sandboxes.

I'm all for allot of pre-made maps and i agree that there are not any good competitive forge maps (with the exceptions of hemorrhage and paradiso which happens to be my favorites). Having said this, i am also and AVID forger, i loved the concept of forge world and would be perfectly satisfied if 343 simply expanded reach FW and added alot more forgable items. For example, how about a cave, a mountain side, some islands like paradiso except smaller and clumped together, maybe a large grassy plain (very little storage space required if you used subtle repeating patterns in the grass and such).

there are not any good competitive forge maps (with the exceptions of hemorrhage and paradiso which happens to be my favorites)

I'd disagree with you there - from the top of my head, Synapse, Kingdom, and Select are all perfectly good competitive maps currently in matchmaking. They're fair to both teams, have a good balance between cover and open areas, and there are strong points and fairly located power weaponry - they all happen to be symmetrical too, which is my mark of a good team-based map.

I'm not such a fan of Paradiso and Hemmorhage, actually. The first is really, really unbalanced for whichever team spawns on the Canyon side of the island, as they can be spawn trapped so easily whether they win or lose depends entirely on who rushes the hill first. Hemmorhage just doesn't have enough cover from the ledges on either side, and it's still quite badly balanced.

I take back what i said that there are not any good small forge maps, i haven't played TS or MLG is a long time so i've never played on those.

Hemorrhage is a vehicle based map. The point is to control the entire map using vehicles, tactics, and teamwork. I've noticed no lack of cover on the sides of the map when i am sniping. That being said, there certainly could be more, hemorrhage is tailored for abilities like sprint and evade, so that you can quickly cover the distances between cover without drawing the other teams attention.

I say two disks. One for the main game (with normal matchmaking and pre-made maps, plus campaign and whatnot) And one disk that allows you to download the forge maps directly onto your harddrive, like DLC. Or even have them as free DLC. Or both. As far as time constraints, I wouldn't mind waiting another month or two for a couple of huge forge world-esque maps.

I want a huge Forge World, twice the size of the last. We should be able to build Phantoms; Pelicans and Spirits. Other ships from the Haloverse. I am fed up with having the same old crap in Forge, it really makes me bored. AI's in Forge, forgeable creatures. Supercarriers that sort of thing.

Mix things up 343, do a good job!

Though I am a huge fan of forge and have created numerous liked maps, I believe the game should never ship forge maps as they did in Reach. For one, we are paying for a created environment to play in. Two, the forge maps shipped with the game really were not that great. ( I enjoyed "The Cage" from most of them. ) Three, there were member created maps that ere much better than any shipped.

I feel there should always be a play list for member created maps that are selected by the community in some way. I do understand that 343i needs to ensure the "playability" of a map and weapon, spawn, and design, but the community deserves some type of up or down vote.

• 3 months later...

You NEED Forge, that is where all the clan maps and the best moments were shared for us here, without Forge, or a huge Forge we will be using plain old boring maps, just like in H3. We need a giant; huge Forge World, so that the Sangheili can continue to reign dominance over the Humans.

just an update...elites arent goona be in H4 (as a playable character in MM as of now)....so humans win!

and who's to say that their needs to be 5-6 maps the size of forge world...what if 343 releases 5-6 maps areas, each area would have its own enviroment, own architechure, and be the size of say the canyon area in the current forge world. Each area would also have its own prebuit map (asylum, uncaged; like with the current forge world). and the ability to completely demolish the pre-built map and created a custom map.

thats what i was thinking thats the best way to do it.