A ranking system is essential

Jaculah

I will never understand why Bungie left out the ranking system for Reach. Maybe this goes without saying, but a ranking system is most essential to Halo matchmaking. There are no actual goals in Reach matchmaking that concerns skill. Players want to show how good they are, thats just how it is. Everybody wants that 50 in the competitive playlists. Even less understandable is how they have the insolence to call the playlists "competitive playlists" when they all they are is social playlists!

Every game there is at least two players (im not even kidding, as I am writing this three players quit one after another as the game progressed) who quit and that is a direct effect of no ranking system! They have basically nothing to lose! You cannot have serious gaming without ranking system. I say, give those who actually want to finish their games a chance to do so.

Worst idea ever! Now the former competitive playlists and the social playlists are all social playlists.

• Like 1

I get teamed up with people who probably rented Reach at the videostore, God Damn it! Why would that be fun for anybody? Either you quit because you get an extremely bad teamate or you quit because you get teamed up with (or meet) someone far mor skilled than yourself.

The game I played just now; Team Snipers: Three of my teamates quit at the very start, and I won by myself against a whole team on Uncaged. What does that tell you? Well, people quit because they have nothing to lose anyway, and I meet players far less skilled than myself. Tell me; who enjoys that in the long run?

• Like 1

You have to take such an amazing high of goods (a ranking system) to extreme lows (de-rankers and host booters.) I honestly miss those things about Halo 3. I wouldn't mind starting up another booster account for Reach and making me some extra cash :blushing:

http://playstationeu.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/92223i95B4D6C899568F9D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1