No halo 4 at the vga's? WTF 343

InsaneBear

I have stated that that 343i. themselves never even eluded that there would be a trailer for Halo 4 at the VGA's. Spike TV appears to have added the Halo 4 trailer selection to it's voting process either in hopes of getting 343i. to use their show for it's release or to increase viewing of the awards show. I understand fans feeling let down, but remember they never promised a thing. There were indications it would not happen and I personally do not feel let down at all. I did watch, like many others, just in case there was a "surprise" reveal yet still feel that 343i. should reveal nuances of the game, release information and videos when they are ready or deem necessary.

343i has my faith with and my backing for the new phase of the Halo series. They are working hard and are heavily invested in the next game as well as the following games. Let's not get hung up on our, or others, expectations and keep the faith!

• Like 1

Here is the thing, trailers and even teaser trailers take so much extra work it is ridiculous. The writing, the clues that usually are in halo trailers, the amount of polish, the rendering of all the shots, and then the re-rendering because something screwed up, it is just too much to worry about.

Having worked in the game industry for the past 3 years, trailers are the last thing on a busy developers mind. Sure it is important to promote your game, but only at the right time. Alot of stuff that are used in trailers are not in game assets so it takes away from the art team from making the actual game.

I also think we are used to Bungie basically giving us everything they have with weekly updates that there is no real surprise anymore about the game itself. This is a new company with new ways of doing things and we have to accept that.

So yes, a trailer would have been awesome. A trailer that took time away from the art team, the producers time, and everyone else's attention from the main game would have been not so awesome. I'd rather them focus on the game than focus on a fancy trailer.