The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

I think the system should be a Halo 3/Halo Reach mix. As in, same reach ranks. And you do get credits. BUT. Credits shouldn't rank you up. Credits should just be for buying armor. What ranks you up should be EXP. Just not exactly how Halo 3 did it. What I mean by that is they shouldn't make it so that you would actually de-rank after a number of loses. This would be great.

I think the system should be a Halo 3/Halo Reach mix. As in, same reach ranks. And you do get credits. BUT. Credits shouldn't rank you up. Credits should just be for buying armor. What ranks you up should be EXP. Just not exactly how Halo 3 did it. What I mean by that is they shouldn't make it so that you would actually de-rank after a number of loses. This would be great.

So basically, exactly how Reach's system is but instead you are adding the noob EXP system from 3.

I've said this a million times, but why the hell not, I'll say it once more..... A ranking system means NOTHING if you can't rank down... end of story, undisputed.

What's the point of ranking down?! And not to mention, unfair. Like, what if you have a bad game and lose. What if you get crappy teamates, and lose. Both result in a rank down, and its not even your fault. Think about it.

Those scenarios arent the norm. Most times you lose will be because you didnt do well enough. You ask whats the point of ranking down, how can you not see the benefits of playing within your own tier? Thats the point. If you arent good enough to play with a certain level then you should be ranked down to play comfortably at your own skill level. Let me ask you whats the point of not ranking down? Why even have a rank then? Is it really so important for people to see how long you played because it seems pointless to me. If you just want to play for fun and dont really care about a rank so much then wouldnt bringing back social be a good compromise?

• Like 1

They NEED to bring back the halo 2 ranking system,

-(level 1-10) Win 2 games LEVEL up (lose 2 rank down)

-(level 11-20) Win 3 games LEVEL up (lose 3 rank down)

-(level 21-30) Win 4 games LEVEL up (lose 4 rank down)

-(level 31-40) Win 5 games LEVEL up (lose 5 rank down)

-(level 41-50) Win 6 games LEVEL up (lose 6 rank down)

Here's a hypothetical situation

Say you rank to level 25, you are here (24 - - - - I - - - - 26)

Say you win a game on your 25 now you are here (24 - - - - - I - - - 26)

Now Say you lose 2 games in a row.... (24 - - - I - - - - - 26)

So I hope you understand, that level 25 will have to win 5 games to become 26, or that 25 will have to loose 3 games to become a 24.

That level 25 could go on 343.com (or whatever the website is) and they can check how close they are to their next rank (with a progress bar)

LIKE IN HALO 2

I loved the H2 ranking system, H3 was alright ,but Reach was terrible becuz u could get matched up with people who barely know how to shoot and thats frustrating.But if there were ranks stuff like that wouldnt happen but there has to be boundary.We can keep the noobs with the noobs and the skilled with the skilled. So overall im down with H2 ranking system the best way to go!

As I said. If you play the game longer I think you should deserve to have a higher rank. Just like in real life.

haha in real life they would never promote u if u cant pass a training course and thats reality.....what ur saying is u would give a person a higher rank for experience rather than someone with a lot of accomplishments? if so then ur dumb

Well a friend of mine has downs syndrome and loves to play halo, however because of his disability he was not able that good at the game and often needed help even on the easy mode in campaign. he disliked multiplayer because in halo 3 although he tried his hardest he could rarely rank up because he wasnt up to anyone elses standard, this made him feel worse about himself. in Reach however will play multiplayer because he ranks up through having a go and trying his hardest and gets other rewards such as armor.

there is a seperate area for those who care about stats called the ARENA where you get but in different divisions based upon your skill, etc.

Well a friend of mine has downs syndrome and loves to play halo, however because of his disability he was not able that good at the game and often needed help even on the easy mode in campaign. he disliked multiplayer because in halo 3 although he tried his hardest he could rarely rank up because he wasnt up to anyone elses standard, this made him feel worse about himself. in Reach however will play multiplayer because he ranks up through having a go and trying his hardest and gets other rewards such as armor.

there is a seperate area for those who care about stats called the ARENA where you get but in different divisions based upon your skill, etc.

They shouldnt have been playing ranked. in halo 3 there was a separate area for fun called social. in this playlist you rank up based on exp similar to reach. The credit system as you just pointed out is not the competetive side of halo reach, the arena is. so anybody who says that ranks should be based off of credits is stupid because in halo reach the credits werent even supposed to be the ranking system. 343i please bring back the 1-50 ranks and do it like in halo 2. base it purely off of winning and losing because halo is a team game. and for anybody who doesnt want to play as a team they can go do lone wolves or rumble pit.

Lol I still think ranking down is stupid.

congrats play social then where you can play all day and feel good because you never got deranked.

Lol I still think credits are stupid.

that just makes me sound ignorant. maybe you should put some reasons behind your argument. ranking down allows for people to play within their own skill level and gives competetive players a reason to play more than just 1 game at a time. having a ranking system where you can go up and down gives an incentive to get better. and having a seperate playlist for social and casual gamers allows for fun play that isnt so serious.

And there isnt a problem with that. You are definitely entitled to your own opinion but i think what most competitive people are trying to say is that they want some sort of compromise. Whether that is bringing back social playlists(which i think is preferable) or something else its not too big a deal just so long as we get a skilled ranking system that lets us play in our own tier. I dont think any competitive player wants to alienate casual players. They are just as important and halo in general needs both casuals and competitors to get back on top. Not to mention everyone likes to play only for fun sometimes, we cant play seriously all the time so even competitive players want a place to go when we need a break.

oh yeah, let's change the entire game then to suit your DS friend. Let's make campaign legendary mode basically easy mode so your friend can have fun. Let's also have it so you rank up every day no matter what, WOULDNT THAT BE FUN! ALL FOR YOUR 1 DS FRIEND!!!!!! YAAAAYYY!!!

you're an idiot. lmao

and we still think you're stupid. I guess we will both never change.

oh yeah, let's change the entire game then to suit your DS friend. Let's make campaign legendary mode basically easy mode so your friend can have fun. Let's also have it so you rank up every day no matter what, WOULDNT THAT BE FUN! ALL FOR YOUR 1 DS FRIEND!!!!!! YAAAAYYY!!!

Let's cut the arguing and stick on topic? OK?

They NEED to bring back the halo 2 ranking system,

-(level 1-10) Win 2 games LEVEL up (lose 2 rank down)

-(level 11-20) Win 3 games LEVEL up (lose 3 rank down)

-(level 21-30) Win 4 games LEVEL up (lose 4 rank down)

-(level 31-40) Win 5 games LEVEL up (lose 5 rank down)

-(level 41-50) Win 6 games LEVEL up (lose 6 rank down)

Here's a hypothetical situation

Say you rank to level 25, you are here (24 - - - - I - - - - 26)

Say you win a game on your 25 now you are here (24 - - - - - I - - - 26)

Now Say you lose 2 games in a row.... (24 - - - I - - - - - 26)

So I hope you understand, that level 25 will have to win 5 games to become 26, or that 25 will have to loose 3 games to become a 24.

That level 25 could go on 343.com (or whatever the website is) and they can check how close they are to their next rank (with a progress bar)

LIKE IN HALO 2

This by far was the best system. Back when halo was bungie, you could check bungie.net and see how your progress bar was before you leveled up or down. 343 should mirror that.

The only bad thing about this system though is that when someone quits on your team, or mulitple people quit, you are guaranteed a loss and therefore will go down. This would happen to me back in '05 & '06 in halo 2 and it makes it very difficult to level up if people keep quitting. I could not get higher than a 37 but that was still considered good. Halo 3's ranking system was too easy to get to a 50. The only fix would be to make a much more severe ban system for quitting games, such as level reset or ban for a day or so.

Also, why does everyone still want 1-50, why not make it 1-100 or something higher, it would further the skill gap even more so that you can play with the best of the best.

I think the credit system should be completely irrelevant to a person's skill level. Credits should still be kept but should only be used for things such as unlocking new armor, or things in forge or something.

p.s. my last post i said why not 1-100 or higher, i meant why not higher than 1-50 or higher, with a limit of up to 1-100.

are you kidding me? seriously i hope your joking...only someone who isnt good enough to reach the highest lvl in a game with a legitimate ranking system would say that. YEA BRO WHY DONT WE JUST LET EVERYONE ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST RANK, WHY DONT WE MAKE IT SO EASY THAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT ON THE FIRST DAY TOO AND WHILE WERE AT IT MAKE IT SO EVEN IF YOU LOSE YOU STILL GET THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS THE WINNERS, WHY SO WE CAN HAVE A MATCHMAKING THATS WORTHLESS??? STICK TO CALL OF DUTY BRO.

are you kidding me? seriously i hope your joking...only someone who isnt good enough to reach the highest lvl in a game with a legitimate ranking system would say that. YEA BRO WHY DONT WE JUST LET EVERYONE ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST RANK, WHY DONT WE MAKE IT SO EASY THAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT ON THE FIRST DAY TOO AND WHILE WERE AT IT MAKE IT SO EVEN IF YOU LOSE YOU STILL GET THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS THE WINNERS, WHY SO WE CAN HAVE A MATCHMAKING THATS WORTHLESS??? STICK TO CALL OF DUTY BRO.

Please make your point calmly. There's no need to shout.